Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers  (Read 275158 times)

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers
« Reply #300 on: December 02, 2009, 10:24:43 PM »
But we don't have an actual picture of the grandmother's face, right?

Wasn't that supposedly the last team to arrive at the counter according to someone (maybe Chateau?)

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »
the FD team have silver backpacks, the GG team have blue on the top of there backpacks. The GG team wear light green. The FD team dont. So I am going to make a safe assumpiton that its the GG team

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2009, 10:26:56 PM »

Wasn't that supposedly the last team to arrive at the counter according to someone (maybe Chateau?)

Nope, but also check the pink in the pit stop photo, you can make it out on the pack, the pink thingy and the pink thingy on the airport photo, on the backpack.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: December 02, 2009, 10:27:24 PM »
And to add, compare the little dinky thing on the top of the packs, they are in both pictures!  :yess:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: December 02, 2009, 10:28:14 PM »

Nope, but also check the pink in the pit stop photo, you can make it out on the pack, the pink thingy and the pink thingy on the airport photo, on the backpack.

Oh goodness, I am so slow these days! Always one post behind, my pic also backs up YY's statement!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #305 on: December 02, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »
Yes, I understand that the girl directly looking at the camera is the same as the one at the counter and at the check-in mat. The blue thing and her water bottle support that.

I just want to double check that we don't have any pictures of the grandmother.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #306 on: December 02, 2009, 10:29:28 PM »
Well should we check International Flights from Puerto Vartas, it's a shot in the dark! I suppose we just wait until we get information next!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2009, 10:30:04 PM »
Bigger pic: :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: December 02, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
And she looks so much like a grandmother (hunched back etc) it just looks very right  :hearts: :yess:

Hope they pop up again soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #309 on: December 02, 2009, 10:38:01 PM »
I know we HEARD grandmother...almost looks grand fatherly in this pic!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2009, 10:43:25 PM »
I know we HEARD grandmother...almost looks grand fatherly in this pic!

That's what I was thinking!!

Offline Fluffynurse

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #311 on: December 02, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »
Excellent work!  But what if the author of that article was deceived somehow & that was NOT the eliminated couple.  It could just be the typical interview at the mat. 

Maybe it's only wishful thinking on my part because I sorta wanted the granny & granddaughter to go a little further in the race.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #312 on: December 02, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »
Excellent work!  But what if the author of that article was deceived somehow & that was NOT the eliminated couple.  It could just be the typical interview at the mat. 

Maybe it's only wishful thinking on my part because I sorta wanted the granny & granddaughter to go a little further in the race.

Noone knows for sure I guess, we can only go off of what was written, no? And I understand what you mean in the last part, the wishful thinking, would happen with anyone that had a team that they wanted to go far.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: December 02, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »
Bigger pic: :jumpy:

Amazing picture!! But one quick question, how does production let someone get that close to actually take it?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #314 on: December 02, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
zoom lenses!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #315 on: December 03, 2009, 05:01:39 AM »
Totally irrelevant, and I hope it's in the correct thread, but just something I thought you guys might be interested in:

I was just watching the show Lie To Me, where they use facial expressions to see what emotion you're feeling. Sometimes, they show pictures of celebrities to compare with their cases. They were investigating a girl with a scared look on her face, and guess which 'celebrity's' picture pops up: Miss Teen South Carolina! :funny:

Totally irrelevant, I know, but I found it kind of interesting... :colors
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: December 03, 2009, 06:38:46 AM »
Totally irrelevant, and I hope it's in the correct thread, but just something I thought you guys might be interested in:

I was just watching the show Lie To Me, where they use facial expressions to see what emotion you're feeling. Sometimes, they show pictures of celebrities to compare with their cases. They were investigating a girl with a scared look on her face, and guess which 'celebrity's' picture pops up: Miss Teen South Carolina! :funny:

Totally irrelevant, I know, but I found it kind of interesting... :colors

This looks as good a place as any to put something that is equally as irrelevant but amusing. I went to the website where the pictures from Puerto Varas came from and looked through the directory they came from, http://www.cronicalibre.cl/images/stories/thumbs/. It's basically a few thousand thumbnail news photos from all of 2009. I spent the time to look at each photo from December 2009 (the last 3 days) just in case they had any others involving TAR 16 hidden there. No such luck unfortunately.  :(  However, as I was wading through a hundred or so pictures of politicians, local sporting events and concerts, this popped up and I thought I'd share it. I don't think it's Flight Time (and definitely not Big Easy), but it made me laugh anyway to find this in a news site from Southern Chile.  :lol:

Plaidmoon

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2009, 06:44:30 AM »
Phil looks like he's smiling more than frowning in the photo. Possibly just avoiding elimination? *wishful thinking...*

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
Can someone post the pictures of the fraternity brothers at Lax? I might be on to something.Thanks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: December 03, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
look on page one, I think they are all there but I'm not caught up, click click for a larger picture

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »
I've tried to keep up with all the posts...hope this hasn't been mentioned.  I found a news article with a picture of the grandmother and granddaughter at the mat.  Here is the translation:  

Moreover, and as yesterday showed the photograph to reveal the couple eliminated from competition, a lady of about 70 years with a young woman, after the tests were conducted in the lake district of Puerto Varas.

That would seem to confirm grandmother, not grandfather.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: December 03, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »
It also included another picture of the greeter:

And another view:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »
GMTA graytex, I posted it as well in the other thread

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2009, 01:30:17 AM »
I've tried to keep up with all the posts...hope this hasn't been mentioned.  I found a news article with a picture of the grandmother and granddaughter at the mat.  Here is the translation:  

Moreover, and as yesterday showed the photograph to reveal the couple eliminated from competition, a lady of about 70 years with a young woman, after the tests were conducted in the lake district of Puerto Varas.

That would seem to confirm grandmother, not grandfather.

Okay, so THAT's where it says they are the eliminated couple. The first link was only a link to the picture, which wasn't enough evidence of an elimination.

But you guys could have answered my question sooner. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #324 on: December 04, 2009, 08:31:39 AM »
Maybe the TAR Production have found out that they would not pay for decoys anymore but instead, use decoy boots?, maybe the granny/granddaughter are just decoy boots? and they are not the actual boots.
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU