Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers  (Read 274818 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
Wait, can someone explain why Daniel & Jordan get a 30 minute lead? How did customs caused this? I don't get your explanation turtlerun... :umn:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:13:59 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2010, 10:16:55 PM »
Wait, can someone explain why Daniel & Jordan have a 30 minute lead? How did customs caused this? I don't get your explanation turtlerun... :umn:

It sounds like Daniel and Jordan had a 30min lead and got lucky to go through customs so fast. The other teams had no way of catching up because there was a slow down there. So I wonder why there was no reported sightings of Daniel and Jordan , but there was of Catlin/Brent and the cowboys?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »
Wait, can someone explain why Daniel & Jordan have a 30 minute lead? How did customs caused this? I don't get your explanation turtlerun... :umn:

It sounds like Daniel and Jordan had a 30min lead and got lucky to go through customs so fast. The other teams had no way of catching up because there was a slow down there. So I wonder why there was no reported sightings of Daniel and Jordan , but there was of Catlin/Brent and the cowboys?

They had a 30-minute lead going into customs? How does that work if they are on the same plane?

The way turtlerun describes it makes it sound like the producers let them go ahead at the expense of the other two.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
So Dan and Jordan got through and then there was a custom-hold-up which pushed Jet and Cord and Brent and Caite behind and when they got through it was close between them
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #579 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »

Probably because they were first and running alone. One team running around a place won't lead to too much suspicion, however if two teams and seen close to each other, then they are sure to raise suspicion.

And about the customers problem, there was another flight, ANA Airline flight NH8 arriving from Tokyo 2 minutes after the arrivial of the Shanghai flight. Depending on the proximity of the gates to customers and the seats on the plane, the second and thrid teams could have been caught up by people coming off that flight.  And in response to Hooky, Flight Attendants can allow passengers to go on to the front of the plane beforehand and I don't believe it's illegal. I actually did it once but that was because I was an uncompanied minor.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #580 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »

Probably because they were first and running alone. One team running around a place won't lead to too much suspicion, however if two teams and seen close to each other, then they are sure to raise suspicion.

And about the customers problem, there was another flight, ANA Airline flight NH8 arriving from Tokyo 2 minutes after the arrivial of the Shanghai flight. Depending on the proximity of the gates to customers and the seats on the plane, the second and thrid teams could have been caught up by people coming off that flight.  And in response to Hooky, Flight Attendants can allow passengers to go on to the front of the plane beforehand and I don't believe it's illegal. I actually did it once but that was because I was an uncompanied minor.

Thanks!

I didn't mean to say it was "illegal," I just meant "unfair." The Amazing Race is not supposed to be rigged (although I bet it is in some way every season).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #581 on: January 28, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »
They probably just asked, teams do it all the time.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #582 on: January 29, 2010, 12:24:49 AM »
believe me

customs can be a nightmare

especially if there are two flights coming in at the same time

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #583 on: January 29, 2010, 12:32:15 AM »
I find it hard to believe that the producers would have allowed customs processing alone to control the outcome of the Race.

Wouldn't TPTB have held teams at the airport until the teams and camera crews had cleared?  This is the major reason why, usually, the Race has gone somewhere else first so teams could be clear of customs processing when they arrive at the final city.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #584 on: January 29, 2010, 12:35:38 AM »
I don't think so?? The only times I have heard of everyone being held up is when there is a problem with some of the camera equiptment being held up, otherwise it is just another leveler, like bad taxis. Some teams work the lines better than others.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline turtlerun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #585 on: January 29, 2010, 12:59:05 AM »
Sorry about the confusion... there were more than 2 flights coming into SFO around the same time. United airline use the same terminal in SFO. Flights from Asia all come in around the same time (between 8:30 and 9:30am). Toyko, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing... etc. The lead team was allowed to move into Biz Class before the landing into SFO and was allowed to deplane first. Not sure if this was pre-arranged while the rest of the team was in the back of the plane in economy. The first team got lucky and made their way to custom ahead of everyone. By the time we got off the plane, there were people everywhere coming off from other arriving flights so there was a custom overload and lines begin to form. I think it might be just luck.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #586 on: January 29, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
Thanks turtlerun!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #587 on: January 29, 2010, 04:32:47 AM »
Hey, sorry, anyone knows the rough elimination order or something? Or when which teams were spotted at which countries?
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #588 on: January 29, 2010, 05:04:32 AM »
Check the first post in the timeline thread, Ruth, you'll find all that info there.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #589 on: January 29, 2010, 01:45:32 PM »
And just like that, this season that had so much potential goes right down the tubes.

I'll be gone when Steve & Allie are.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #590 on: January 29, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
I'm one of those who watch for more than just the teams. When I don't have a favorite team (to like), I often have a team or two that I think will make final three to watch.  And in the case when those teams are also out, then I watch for the locales and tasks, and how the remaining teams handle them. In other words, there's always a reason to watch whether one's personal favorite(s) remain or not.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:15:03 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #591 on: January 29, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
What theschnauzers said.  After nearly nine years on CBS, it's never been just about the teams.  Otherwise, that family edition one would have not been one of the least popular seasons in AR history.  It comes down to scenery, interaction, and traditional practice (to name a few).  That's been lacking somewhat over the past 3 years, and why I've put some of the most recent seasons well below the early seasons.  The interaction between the teams during down time was great, sucks that they took that away.

With the teams, I've dealt with the favorites going out right at the last point someone could go out almost every season very early on.  But I couldn't quit something I started, after all that time.  Besides, I may not like a team, so I'd be rooting for the other teams.  That, and the team that's been the most competitive to see if they could be the job done.

With this season, while I'd love to see Jet/Cord win, I would also like to see Brent/Caite take it all (even if I'm actually rooting against them in the end).  It could be well-deserved if they can beat a F3 that includes the Cowboys and the brothers.  Sucks about the decoys; that would have been nice if they had made it also.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #592 on: January 29, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
^I second that.

Casting may affect the ratings, but I base my opinion on the locales visited and the general route (distance) the race travels.
What's far more important about TAR is about how it reveals the culture of foreign places that most Americans will never have the opportunities to visit in their lives. Furthermore, TARfans can generally agree on the quality of tasks and the route...the cast, not so much.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2010, 04:33:27 AM »
Uh-huh.  You all done?

That's all of your opinions, and you're all very much welcome to them.  But I DO watch for the teams.  That's that.  I don't care about anything else.  Never do.  So when all the ones I'm interested in are gone, it's see you later, TAR16.  That's it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »
I'm another who thinks that teams are really important. And I must say, the final three teams don't seem very appealing. =( I don't exactly like Brent and Caite too much on first impressions, Jet and Cord and the brothers are fine, but it's just so boring that the all-male teams are totally dominating this season. 3 out of 4 teams in the final 4 are all-male teams! TAR 4, anyone? Right now, I'm hoping that the winners will be either Jet and Cord or Dan and Jordan. But who knows, maybe Brent and Caite might impress me along the way or something. Oh, and Dan and Jordan having a 30-minute lead doesn't bode well does it. Don't we all know that the initial leading team never wins in the end. Hmm.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
I like the unpredictable nature of the competition the most, with the cast as a close second. When my favorite teams are gone, my enjoyment plummets, regardless of the route (Season 13 finale, Season 14 Ep 5 onward). If you could put TAR 9's outcome (without the predictability) in TAR 14's race course it would be amazing, by far the best season ever (my opinion). For me, TAR 14 was amazing in the first half (despite the lousy editing) because my favorites were there and the locations were some of the best ever, and it was poor in the second half because all my favorites were gone and only the irritating, overrated teams were left. There was nothing really wrong with the tasks (in fact they may have been better than the first half's tasks), it was just that the teams left were annoying by that point.

This season I think we will have the opposite problem from TAR 14: All the strong teams at the end without balance on the weak team's side. Ultimately this will annoy me because it is too predictable. But then again, TAR 14 was predictable because they made it obvious who the "important" teams were, so in actuality it probably hasn't been unpredictable for me since TAR 12. :lol:

Talking myself in circles, as usual... :umn:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #596 on: February 11, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »
No, I get what you're saying perfectly.

All of your and Ruth's points are why I'm more than likely bailing once the F4 rolls around.  I'm pretty sure my main favorites, Carol & Brandy, go out in sixth in whatever country precedes Malaysia, and my second favorites, Steve & Allie, get Speed Bumped in Malaysia and fail to overcome it in Singapore.  At which point I'm gone.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #597 on: February 11, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »
For me, it is way too soon to choose a favorite, when I haven't even seen them in action yet. Also, I love the RACE...the locations, the tasks, the "how do the spoilers play out"...so who is there at the end is gravy.

But everyone is different, if you want to bail, no worries! Dealer's choice! Just do whatever you like. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

AmazingDT

« Reply #598 on: February 11, 2010, 07:58:23 PM »
Since this is my first season with RFF i barely have gotten the feeling of being so exited cuz the SPOILERS! :wohoo:  Can't wait to see how they play out :jam:  ONLY 3 MORE DAYS

Oh, and is the elimination order sorta confirmed:

11th: Adrian and Dana (most likely)
10th: Jody and Shannon
9th: Jeff and and Jordan :duno:
7th-8th: Monique and Shawne, Joe and Heidi
5th-6th: Steve and Allie, Carol and Brandy
4th: Michael and Louie
F3: Caite and Brent, Dan and Jordan, Jet and Cord

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #599 on: February 11, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
Since this is my first season with RFF i barely have gotten the feeling of being so exited cuz the SPOILERS! :wohoo:  Can't wait to see how they play out :jam:  ONLY 3 MORE DAYS

Oh, and is the elimination order sorta confirmed:

11th: Adrian and Dana (most likely)
10th: Jody and Shannon
9th: Jeff and and Jordan :duno:
7th-8th: Monique and Shawne, Joe and Heidi
5th-6th: Steve and Allie, Carol and Brandy
4th: Michael and Louie
F3: Caite and Brent, Dan and Jordan, Jet and Cord

Is this list speculation or has it been confirmed?