Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers  (Read 275199 times)

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2009, 11:33:34 AM »
I'm new here.  TY everyone for all of the Sherlock Holmes detective work you do.

Let me see if I've got this correct.  So far you feel they've done about 3 or 4 eliminations, not sure if the GM/GD team has been eliminated.  

I'm a BB fan and trying to track J&J's progress.  Do you think they are still in the race?  Hope so!

I'm new to RFF as well, but I recently discovered that the awesome TAR detectives keep a running update on the first message of the "Timeline" thread:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21194.0.html

This includes information about the legs, destinations, routes, and eliminations.  They're pretty good about listing the evidence, as well as what is "alleged" and hasn't been proven conclusive yet (such as the G/G team -- I am so rooting for them!)

It's great to have a concise summary all in one place -- great job, RFF head detectives!

Offline TARFan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2009, 11:56:36 AM »
will someone please update any open casting calls for TAR 17 here if there is any? We would like to audition!

Offline crazy4race

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Mike and Louie, an odd looking "couple" I must admit.  GI Joe's with their Camo shorts or will they turn out to be GI Janes?? 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #353 on: December 08, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
will someone please update any open casting calls for TAR 17 here if there is any? We would like to audition!

:welcome:

You can review this info, and take any further discussion there. There is no current deadline to the best of my knowledge. The CBS homepage lists casting calls when there are any...I rec doing your own video. :)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18845.0.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: December 08, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
Mike and Louie, an odd looking "couple" I must admit.  GI Joe's with their Camo shorts or will they turn out to be GI Janes?? 

What does this mean?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Gonnawatch

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #355 on: December 08, 2009, 03:54:11 PM »
How do you guys find out the contestant's names?  I know one of the teams - and from what I understand - they aren't supposed to talk to anybody?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #356 on: December 08, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »
:welcome: Gonnawatch!!

You are right, the contestants are racing, and until the "Official" cast reveal, they aren't allowed to confirm their racer status. :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
How do you guys find out the contestant's names?  I know one of the teams - and from what I understand - they aren't supposed to talk to anybody?
No, not they're not Gonnawatch, I think its only some family and even then they have to sign a confidentiality agreement as well. If you want to tell me in private I'm all ears :D

Offline AMAZINGRACEFAN21

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2009, 12:35:24 AM »
It is weird seeing somebody you personally know be examined by everybody. I will say that I know a team, and I hope they win. I don't want to say more because I don't want to get them in trouble (if knowing who they are can even get them in trouble).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:44:44 AM by AMAZINGRACEFAN21 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #359 on: December 09, 2009, 12:56:33 AM »
:welcome: amazingracefan21!

It would be loads of fun to watch some friends on the race!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline AMAZINGRACEFAN21

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #360 on: December 09, 2009, 01:02:11 AM »
It is going to be crazy... I wish I could tell you guys who it is (as I don't think they have been identified yet), but I don't think I should considering it seems like it is supposed to be a closely guarded secret. I will follow this thread closely though, and see if anybody even recognizes them or anything.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 09, 2009, 01:08:04 AM »
It is going to be crazy... I wish I could tell you guys who it is (as I don't think they have been identified yet), but I don't think I should considering it seems like it is supposed to be a closely guarded secret. I will follow this thread closely though, and see if anybody even recognizes them or anything.

I don't think they could get in trouble now if you reveal their identity. Now that they are out and racing in public they have done their job of keeping it a secret....

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2009, 01:35:29 AM »

Did you sign anything saying you were not allowed to talk about it? If not and you know your friends by viewing pictures on here or know because you have been told feel free to say who they are. They are in public now and it is information that does not have to remain secret. I think it is the racers themselves that have to be silent not family or friends.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #363 on: December 09, 2009, 01:41:05 AM »
If I were you AMAZINGRACEFAN21 I probably wouldn't say anything out in the open :hithere: .

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #364 on: December 09, 2009, 02:53:04 AM »
I really hope that is Jeff and Jordan. I like them a lot!

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Jeff and Jordan Fan site
« Reply #365 on: December 09, 2009, 03:24:22 AM »

A couple of Jeff's Friends have already confirmed he's on TAR, but only after the photos came out and every online newsource broke the story. So I'm doubtful that AMAZINGRACEFAN21 is talking about them, since they were the first to be widly confirmed and they said the racers they know were probably not ID'd yet.

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #366 on: December 09, 2009, 07:26:06 AM »
If I were you AMAZINGRACEFAN21 I probably wouldn't say anything out in the open :hithere: .

I'm with puddin on this one.  I think contestants sign a big fat nondisclosure, and if they do tell any family or friends then those family and friends are supposed to sign a similar big fat nondisclosure (I think).  So technically, if you know that your friends are on, you probably should have signed the contract.  Worst case scenario -- you spill the beans, it gets traced to you, your friends are on the hot seat, then they have to pay up the big bucks.   I think those nondisclosure agreements are for a ridiculous sum of money (in the millions?  maybe a former TAR contestant can chime in here?), and if for any reason your friend had to pay up, I'm sure you'd feel awful.  Better to be safe than sorry!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #367 on: December 09, 2009, 07:31:07 AM »
Well, I can say that RFF does a good job in spilling the teams' identities <3

Also, this season had so much less spoilers than S15's <333 It makes us all thrilled and frantic <3
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #368 on: December 09, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »

A couple of Jeff's Friends have already confirmed he's on TAR, but only after the photos came out and every online newsource broke the story. So I'm doubtful that AMAZINGRACEFAN21 is talking about them, since they were the first to be widly confirmed and they said the racers they know were probably not ID'd yet.

I agree. JeJo and the Beauty queen team are a different situation, especially JeJo.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2009, 02:33:13 AM »
We bring you ............the names of Team "camo"
heyhay28 deserves credit for this  :cmas20

Michael Naylor and Louis Stravato - Friends - Detectives at City of Cranston, Providence, Rhode Island

Louis Stravato

Michael Naylor

photos thanks to Chateau
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:53:00 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #370 on: December 19, 2009, 02:36:14 AM »
More on Louis Stravato

Ultimate Fitness Gym * Louis Stravato-2008 USPF National Champion Testimonial

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #371 on: December 19, 2009, 03:15:26 AM »
So....
ES TEAMS....
We have JeJo
The Pinks
GrandMother and Goddaughter
Big Black guy spotted with JeJo in Mexico pic
SO WE ARE MISSING ONe OTHER TEAM... for the ES

So still racing/decoys
Frat boys
Miss SC and Boyfriend
Asian ladies?
Lesbians
Camo guys
and whats the other team? father daughter team....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #372 on: December 19, 2009, 03:16:32 AM »

I was just wondering if you & the other TAR detectives here had uncovered some reliable info that J/J were eliminated in Bariloche. I suppose they could've been. Who knows at this point.  :cmas5
Could have been  :cmas5

Don't know what production was thinking bringing a famous pair through the San Fran airport, thats what they get for being so clumsy. Now they went ahead and drew attention to themselves and now we know the Female/ Female AA were eliminated early as well  :cmas19.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #373 on: December 19, 2009, 03:17:26 AM »
So in around 5 - 6 legs, could we say that we only have the speculated "lesbian" team as our token FF team or even none at all? (Dealing with the fact that there are like 3 teams that are FF?)

:cmas4
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #374 on: December 19, 2009, 03:17:43 AM »

No I know that, but i'm curious as to why the eliminated teams have flown in from where the race is presumably taking place and not where the elimination station was presumed to be. PV. Mexico. That's my only confusion, otherwise i assume they are arriving back in the US to await the F3 teams on the last leg.

They weren't. The poster was spec based on airlines in this particular International terminal is all.

We already know where ES was and where they are coming from. Singapore for the first 5 elim's teams is NOT an option.
RFF's Golden Rule: