Author Topic: TAR15 EP12: "Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound (Las Vegas)"  (Read 123686 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR15 EP12: "Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound (Las Vegas)"
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:05 AM »
My preferred finishing order is:

1. Sam & Dan
2. Brian & Ericka
3. Meghan & Cheyne

Yeah right, so totally not happenin'!

I wouldn't be too sure of that. The interesting thing is that for the last five seasons I have hoped in particular that one or two teams in the finale wouldn't win. In every one of those seasons, of of those disliked teams had to win. This season I'm hoping Sam & Dan don't win. I think you get the picture. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2009, 01:20:45 AM »
Fun fact: Ever since season 9, no team has ever reached a memory challenge first and won the race.

SO if Meghan and Cheyne continue on their Meghan and Cheyne ways, we can mark them down to lose, right?

*Silently continues hoping Bricka can find a way to win*

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2009, 04:07:32 AM »
Fun fact: Ever since season 9, no team has ever reached a memory challenge first and won the race.

SO if Meghan and Cheyne continue on their Meghan and Cheyne ways, we can mark them down to lose, right?

*Silently continues hoping Bricka can find a way to win*
Wow, that's a nice fact! I'm glad at least Flo & Zach managed to do so, way back in TAR3.

Still, awesome fact, let's see if it holds up tonight! :killme:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2009, 06:56:36 AM »
They know we have a secret weapon, they will never show shots of teams arriving at the mat again, we have the King of the protractor afterall  :jam:

THANK GOD THEY DON'T SHOW THEM ANYMORE. :funny:

TAR 10, TAR 12 and TAR 13 were spoilt by it thanks to the running to the finishing line clips.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2009, 07:02:52 AM »
It's so obvious who wins, put a fork in this season and bring on the Noobs   :colors

I am very much inclined into believing B/E will win still.... :funny:

The video of the final 3 team's journey... only B/E were showed in an EXTREMELY positive light :duno:

Of course... it can be misleading... :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »
The Amazing Race

The Amazing Race: Phil Keoghan on Finalists’ Chances
December 6, 2009

The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan has never guessed the final three teams on day one, and his losing streak remains intact for the 15th installment of the series, a “truly fantastic season” that concludes Sunday night on CBS. “I never know [who will make it to the finale] and that’s what makes the show work. The audience is left guessing every step of the way,” he told PEOPLE. He also gave his assessment on the remaining teams who will battle for the jackpot on the Race’s last stop, Las Vegas. –Carrie Bell

The All-Americans
Meghan Rickey, 23, and Cheyne Whitney, 23, of San Diego, Calif.
Strengths: Apart from having the most first-place showings of any team ever, “they have that wonderful, youthful enthusiasm about life and completely embrace new experiences. They have questioned each other’s actions, but somehow [always] worked things out. I’m sure the Race has tested their relationship more than any other experience to date. I’m most surprised by Meghan’s incredible transformation. At the start, she told me she was focused on facing her deep-seated fears and wanted to use this experience to change the way she approached life. She has stepped up for her team throughout and pushed way beyond her comfort zone.”
Weaknesses: “Being young could be their downfall. The pressure could finally prove to be too much when so much is on the line. It’s imperative that they slow down enough to make the right decisions and not let their boundless puppy-like enthusiasm steer them in the wrong direction.”
Best Strategic Move: Going for the Fast Forward in Dubai. “That was a strong power play that paid off big time. They’ve never been scared to go for it.”

The Gay Brothers
Dan, 21, and Sam McMillen, 23, of Liberty, Mo.
Strengths: “They’re brothers with the longest-standing relationship and after announcing their [shared] sexual preference [to each other], a special connection was formed that could be the deciding factor when it comes to finishing on top. There’s no denying their love for each other. Their yelling and screaming could be an advantage as long as the communication is constructive. Often their frustration simply comes from wanting to do well. Both have a strong desire to take home the win and if things get physical they‘ve already proven they aren’t adverse to using a little muscle to stay ahead.”
Weaknesses: “The brothers seem to break down and get fragmented when the pressure mounts. Can they keep their composure or will they choke? To win this race they will need to work as a unit.”
Best Strategic Move: “I’m not saying it was the right move, but their decision to not help Big Easy with ‘Franz’ clue [in Prague] did the Globetrotters in and secured their spot in the final three. I also think Dan apologizing to Sam after the hay bales strengthened their relationship.”

Mr. And Miss America
Ericka Dunlap, 27, and Brian Kleinschmidt, 27, of Nashville
Strengths: “Their devotion to each other has kept them together through extremely challenging times. Their support for each other is bound by an undying love that has withstood fierce resistance. They compliment each other and absolutely deserve a shot at the million. I really hope their family members who have doubts about their partnership will reconsider after watching them race around the world together.” They’ve also gotten lucky, which comes in handy in Sin City. “They’re survivors who seem to be traveling with an angel on their shoulders. If they can keep their composure, there’s no question they have the fitness and smarts to win.”
Weaknesses: “At times there’s a Men are from Mars Woman are from Venus thing going on with these two. This tends to happen more with pressure. Have they learned from their mistakes or will the added stress of the final leg prove too much for them to handle?”
Best Strategic Move: “Karma comes into play on the Race. They didn’t make any real enemies, played a kind, courteous game and helped fellow Racers when they could. Some of that good fortune might have been what kept them around in the Race.”

source, people

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
It's so obvious who wins, put a fork in this season and bring on the Noobs   :colors

The video of the final 3 team's journey... only B/E were showed in an EXTREMELY positive light :duno:

Actually, Brian's the only guy shown in a positive light. Ericka is shown in a harsher light than either Meghan or Cheyne.
The only way that M/C will lose is because of the memory task curse (first one to get there loses).

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
It's so obvious who wins, put a fork in this season and bring on the Noobs   :colors

puddin you did this so much last season, why not just show us pictures of the teams in order just like last season instead of giving us a riddle?
 :jam: :hearts:
I know you know!
The producers are so obvious, it is the opposite order of Phil's "prediction".
Just throwin' that out there!
 :casey

Last season:
It's so obvious who wins you guys, its right under your nose
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:46:58 PM by Snooky »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2009, 02:07:26 PM »

puddin you did this so much last season, why not just show us pictures of the teams in order just like last season instead of giving us a riddle?
 :jam: :hearts:
I know you know!
The producers are so obvious, it is the opposite order of Phil's "prediction".
Just throwin' that out there!
 :casey

Last season:
It's so obvious who wins you guys, its right under your nose

My prediction ..........

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
I'd be fine with Meghan/Cheyne winning, but at least Brian/Ericka could beat the brothers for me!

Offline moox03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
i'm going to be a contrarian and say that i interpret puddin's prediction as 1. brian & ericka, 2. brothers, 3. meghan & cheyne

i just hope the brothers don't win!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
i'm going to be a contrarian and say that i interpret puddin's prediction as 1. brian & ericka, 2. brothers, 3. meghan & cheyne

i just hope the brothers don't win!
That's what I said. But now I cursed them!
:lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
The Amazing Race

Best Strategic Move: “I’m not saying it was the right move, but their decision to not help Big Easy with ‘Franz’ clue [in Prague] did the Globetrotters in and secured their spot in the final three. I also think Dan apologizing to Sam after the hay bales strengthened their relationship.”

Best Strategic Move: “Karma comes into play on the Race. They didn’t make any real enemies, played a kind, courteous game and helped fellow Racers when they could. Some of that good fortune might have been what kept them around in the Race.”

source, people

I have to grudgingly admit that not helping the GT's did get the brothers to the final 3 although I didn't like it much watching it go down. Brian and Erika have won me over. I appreciated that they played as hard as they could but didn't play cutthroat and respected each other while playing.

I have no clue who wins but I can't wait to see who does! Good luck to all 3 teams.  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »
 :wohoo:

Just one more hour to go to watch the Badass Broz, the Blondies and Bricka battle it out for the BIG PRIZE!

Offline rascal

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
WHO wins tonight!!! Need to know...please?!?!? PUDDIN TELL US!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »
You little rascal you!  :lol:  No.. you have to watch along with the rest of us to find out!! We'll know very very soon!

Welcome to RFF rascal!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2009, 06:26:46 PM »
The Amazing Race

source, people

I have to grudgingly admit that not helping the GT's did get the brothers to the final 3 although I didn't like it much watching it go down. Brian and Erika have won me over. I appreciated that they played as hard as they could but didn't play cutthroat and respected each other while playing.

I have no clue who wins but I can't wait to see who does! Good luck to all 3 teams.  :tup:
Actually Dan's limited help to Big Easy didn't have any impact on Dan & Sam making the final three.  What it did was enable Brian & Ericka to make the final three.  That is its impact, not on the brothers in any way shape or form.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »
The Amazing Race

source, people

I have no clue who wins but I can't wait to see who does! Good luck to all 3 teams.  :tup:
Actually Dan's limited help to Big Easy didn't have any impact on Dan & Sam making the final three.  What it did was enable Brian & Ericka to make the final three.  That is its impact, not on the brothers in any way shape or form.
I think that helped them by removing one of their biggest threats from the game
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »
But the point is that if Dan gave Big Easy the complete answer, the only direct impact on that leg is that Brian & Ericka most likely (since we don't know if Big Easy & Flight Time would have handled the detour, but I think they would have done ok) would get eliminated.  As it is they are going to be significantly behind when Sam & Dan finsihed.

Sure it did eliminated the Trotters for the final episode, but the fact that Brian & Ericka made the final three is completely due to Dan not giving Big Easy the full answer (well that and Big Easy was enable to figure out a fairly basic tasks, at all).

Really for all the Brian & Ericka fans, you do really need to think three things so far.  One Marie & Tiffany not being able to complete either Detour (that saved them from what should have been certain elimination), and Dan for giving them the chance to catch up, and BIg Easy for giving them an extra window of over 4 hours to screw up the rest of the leg. 

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2009, 06:46:31 PM »
The Amazing Race

source, people

Actually Dan's limited help to Big Easy didn't have any impact on Dan & Sam making the final three.  What it did was enable Brian & Ericka to make the final three.  That is its impact, not on the brothers in any way shape or form.
I think that helped them by removing one of their biggest threats from the game

Yes, but there really wouldn't have been much in the remainder of that leg that the Globetrotters could have done to mess up Sam & Dan enough to get them eliminated. Thus it helped Brian & Ericka into the Final 3. The brothers would have made it anyway.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »
I agree, that move took out the biggest threat to them but since I like Brian and Ericka, that did allow them to get to the final 3... as I said I grudgingly admit it wasn't a bad move. (But I didn't like it much as I watched it.)  

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »
For the flight peeps

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2009, 10:58:26 PM »
Thats for the capture Puddin.

By the way was that Phil at the top of the Mandalay Bay during the reading of the Roadblock Clue?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2009, 11:01:09 PM »
And is this the races highest face forward rappel?

And I LOVED this episode.  I think its my favorite of the whole season.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2009, 11:36:10 PM »
Thats for the capture Puddin.

By the way was that Phil at the top of the Mandalay Bay during the reading of the Roadblock Clue?
How insane was that?