Author Topic: TAR15 EP12: "Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound (Las Vegas)"  (Read 123688 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR15 EP12: "Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound (Las Vegas)"
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
Hey Puddin, when you get a chance, can you get all the frames that look like this one?  No rush  ;)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »
it's my pleasure Chateau!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2009, 02:42:45 PM »
This shot was taken between 2:26 and 2:34 pm (assumes August 7th).

Good agreement with VegasSinner   :tup:

Google maps says the ride is 15 min from the Taxi stand they used.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:09 PM »
okay a commercial ran that's def Ericka in Meghans armpit, just arriving maybe? or maybe not?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:21:15 PM by puddin »

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
OK this might just be me, but does anyone see what looks to be a black chip a tiny bit under Meghan's left hand? Does that look like the Amazing Race thingy? (I can't think of the word right now...ugggggggh long day!!)

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2009, 08:25:41 PM »
VegasSinner, when I mentioned downloading a map of the MGM in the thread you created this summer, you mentioned something about the sky towers. I bring this up because if Brian And Ericka are taking an elevator, it could be coming down from the sky towers where they recieve the roadblock clue.

Yes I did mention that because one of my contacts at the MGM told me that they meet Wayne Newton in the Sky Towers part of the MGM or the Signature part.  She wasn't sure.   Now on the scenes from next week, I noticed they're at Shenendoah, that's Waynes Ranch.  I've been there many moons ago, it's off the strip near the airport.  But I didn't see Wayne in the clip.  So maybe he meets them at the MGM first, then sends them to do stuff at Man Bay then they go to his ranch. 

The elevator could be in the Mandalay bay too, that's where it appears they rapel off the side.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »
OK this might just be me, but does anyone see what looks to be a black chip a tiny bit under Meghan's left hand? Does that look like the Amazing Race thingy? (I can't think of the word right now...ugggggggh long day!!)

I think it looks like a face. Which would agree well with the idea of this task being a memory challenge.

Some of the yellow chips also have numbers on them. That could go well with a number-related memory challenge that Joab brought up.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »
My 2-cent worth...

what if the chip challenge was a general task that only one person need to do. In Sweden, they had this task, involving the tall roller coaster.

Or could be that one team member shuffles the chip, and then the other team member must arrange them in order or something like that...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2009, 11:38:13 PM »
My 2-cent worth...

what if the chip challenge was a general task that only one person need to do. In Sweden, they had this task, involving the tall roller coaster.

Or could be that one team member shuffles the chip, and then the other team member must arrange them in order or something like that...
my 2 cents, read the thread, look at the photos, watch the videos.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2009, 08:21:35 AM »
okay a commercial ran that's def Ericka in Meghans armpit, just arriving maybe? or maybe not?

Went through the entire thread and am pretty sure Ericka is not starting on the task. She does seems as though she's bending down and counting away.

We can pretty much say it's a Roadblock (???) if only Meghan, Sam (or Dan) and Ericka are attempting it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2009, 08:40:23 AM »

(The picture you posted above was much bigger and you can really see numbers on it!)

Sorry puddin, can't view the previews for next week as there's country restrictions.

But besides the shot above which shows Meghan counting away with the chips.. are there any other shots which shows the chips clearly? At least, the top of the chip.

The yellow chips on the shot above definitely contained DIFFERENT numbers on it. The one on the most bottom left shows 225(?) while some chips next to it shows other values on it.

And this brings me to a daring speculation, that teams have to find the chips with numbers on it (most of the chips will not contain numbers) and stack them up and get the correct value for each corresponding colour. I'm skeptical about it being a memory challenge but more of a "perseverence" challenge as if the producers wants to make this task a little more evil, only one side of the chips will have numbers on it.

Imagine if team members have to gather EVERY yellow, red, blue, green and maybe even other colours chips with numbers on it, then count it correctly to get the correct value. Worst of all, all the chips will contain different values on it? :funny:

It can prove to be a very disastrous challenge if a team member just miss out ONE chip with numbers on it accidentally. Teams can even get stuck here for hours i believe.

Or either way, they need to complete a task somewhat similar to the task i've described above.. just different variations to it maybe. Perhaps it may after all be related to a memory task, for example the red chips might represent the 1000 license plate on the first leg and team members have to find EVERY single red chip with 1000 value on it and then stack it in order and find out how many red chips they found and vice versa. If the team member actually stacked up red chips with other values on it.. then they will be completely wrong?

No idea.. but this may be exciting to watch!!

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »
The inner roadgeek in me has been bothered by those big green guide signs in the photo of Meghan/Cheyne in the taxi. The left big, green sign states, "I-15 NORTH, SALT LAKE" and the right one is "I-15 SOUTH, LOS ANGELES". There is also a black-letters-on-yellow-background, "suggested speed limit" sign for the ramp which looks to be "20 MPH". The way the big green signs are situated tells me that the ramp for Los Angeles is the first one you encounter, then the one for Salt Lake is after it, and both are only accessible from the right lane since they're perched together. There's a brick-like wall below the two big green signs which matches the brick-like wall in Meghan/Cheyne's taxi clip.

The only place I could find (using Google Street View) is Spring Mountain Road.

Meghan/Cheyne are heading WEST on Spring Mountain, and they are on the WEST side of I-15. 

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=graceland+wedding+chapel+las+vegas,+nv&sll=36.114646,-115.172816&sspn=0.029676,0.076818&ie=UTF8&hq=graceland+wedding+chapel&hnear=Las+Vegas,+NV&ll=36.126194,-115.182724&spn=0,359.961591&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=36.126344,-115.182452&panoid=CRmJUQKJUWNNdtaEImlRqA&cbp=12,123.41,,0,8.21

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=graceland+wedding+chapel+las+vegas,+nv&sll=36.114646,-115.172816&sspn=0.029676,0.076818&ie=UTF8&hq=graceland+wedding+chapel&hnear=Las+Vegas,+NV&ll=36.126159,-115.182252&spn=0,359.961591&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=36.126168,-115.182368&panoid=gcIvFYPnrzDExWjx-bC4oA&cbp=12,83.48,,0,-1.34

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »
I don't know if anybody mentioned this,

but Maria and Tiffany should be not really happy if they found out about the chip counting task,

because if it's basiclly chip counting, they should be really good.

And I noticed how Cique Du Soleil perform in several other places in Vegas, I would like to just confirm that.
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2009, 07:45:59 PM »

And I noticed how Cique Du Soleil perform in several other places in Vegas, I would like to just confirm that.

Yes, but LOVE only performs at the Mirage, plus they've showed the hotel in the previews, so I think odds are it's there :)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
Yes, there are indeed many Cirques du Soleil in Las Vegas, Ericka is seen doing the bungee task on the Stage of "The Beatles: LOVE" which is located at the Mirage.

EDIT: kittygoesmeow beat me to it :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2009, 07:49:48 PM »
Yes, there are indeed many Cirques du Soleil in Las Vegas, Ericka is seen doing the bungee task on the Stage of "The Beatles: LOVE" which is located at the Mirage.

*blows off index fingers* I'm quick to the draw, what can I say? ;)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »

*blows off index fingers* I'm quick to the draw, what can I say? ;)
a little off-topicness: I hope they show some clips of the show while explaining the task. I really loved "LOVE"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline BobbL

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »
I couldn't find this upstream, and I apologize if this was already dealt with:

is the title sung by "Elvis"?

And has the Amazing Race played off of its resemblance to Amazing Grace before this?

Casa Shenandoah's a good place to do something unseen with a star.  (Except perhaps by the all-seeing VegasSinner).

And Ericka doesn't seem to be at a chip-filled table in the pix with Meghan. But maybe it's too far away to see chips?

And is there any evidence of a tie-in to CBS's own Las Vegas-set hit, CSI?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:46:27 PM by BobbL »

NoluckBoston

« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2009, 11:00:37 PM »
looks good to me.

The inner roadgeek in me has been bothered by those big green guide signs in the photo of Meghan/Cheyne in the taxi. The left big, green sign states, "I-15 NORTH, SALT LAKE" and the right one is "I-15 SOUTH, LOS ANGELES". There is also a black-letters-on-yellow-background, "suggested speed limit" sign for the ramp which looks to be "20 MPH". The way the big green signs are situated tells me that the ramp for Los Angeles is the first one you encounter, then the one for Salt Lake is after it, and both are only accessible from the right lane since they're perched together. There's a brick-like wall below the two big green signs which matches the brick-like wall in Meghan/Cheyne's taxi clip.

The only place I could find (using Google Street View) is Spring Mountain Road.

Meghan/Cheyne are heading WEST on Spring Mountain, and they are on the WEST side of I-15. 

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=graceland+wedding+chapel+las+vegas,+nv&sll=36.114646,-115.172816&sspn=0.029676,0.076818&ie=UTF8&hq=graceland+wedding+chapel&hnear=Las+Vegas,+NV&ll=36.126194,-115.182724&spn=0,359.961591&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=36.126344,-115.182452&panoid=CRmJUQKJUWNNdtaEImlRqA&cbp=12,123.41,,0,8.21

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=graceland+wedding+chapel+las+vegas,+nv&sll=36.114646,-115.172816&sspn=0.029676,0.076818&ie=UTF8&hq=graceland+wedding+chapel&hnear=Las+Vegas,+NV&ll=36.126159,-115.182252&spn=0,359.961591&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=36.126168,-115.182368&panoid=gcIvFYPnrzDExWjx-bC4oA&cbp=12,83.48,,0,-1.34

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2009, 11:04:51 PM »
VegasSinner tells us that Elvis sings Amazing Grace, some teams might chime in   :tup:
I have a video to put up, Ericka is moving at the chip table which is set up in the corner.
The Vegas/CBS thing might be tied in with the new Amazing Race slot machines.

I couldn't find this upstream, and I apologize if this was already dealt with:

is the title sung by "Elvis"?

And has the Amazing Race played off of its resemblance to Amazing Grace before this?

Casa Shenandoah's a good place to do something unseen with a star.  (Except perhaps by the all-seeing VegasSinner).

And Ericka doesn't seem to be at a chip-filled table in the pix with Meghan. But maybe it's too far away to see chips?

And is there any evidence of a tie-in to CBS's own Las Vegas-set hit, CSI?

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
I don't know if anybody mentioned this,

but Maria and Tiffany should be not really happy if they found out about the chip counting task,

because if it's basiclly chip counting, they should be really good.

True.  OTOH, that still would not have guaranteed them victory.  It would've given them an advantage at best, but probably not a free pass for $1 Million.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
Probably the opening minutes of Sundays show

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »
Love it puddin! Thanks!
The Lance and Keri was very different in the eliminations...
 :funny:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
Love the traditional 'epic journey' theme as opposed to 'race summary,' but kinda bummed that we don't get our Horns of Perseverance...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2009, 07:00:57 PM »
It's so obvious who wins, put a fork in this season and bring on the Noobs   :colors