Author Topic: TAR15 EP11: "It Starts With an “F”, That’s All I’m Saying" (Czech Republic)  (Read 106512 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ok, what the hell is first the roadblock or the detour, PS don't tell Peach.

:neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
TAR15 is now the red headed stepchild 

:lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I think the Roadblock is first and it leads them to the Detours but my question is ........ if lets say it is the Globies who take the 4 hour non-complete the Roadblock, how do they know where to find the Detours? How do they know where to go? They have been beaten to death as "followers" by the other teams so that might come into play? unless of course the Roadblock comes last then that answers that question but how do they find the pitstop?
Do they just tell the clue giver that hey forgo the RB and to give them the clue? Has that ever happened before?
Then some were wondering if there was a U-Turn? I see no signs of it but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen?
And did we have a poll this week or did I completely miss it?  :neener:

I'm looking at Meghan and Cheyne in the taxi (above), where does a cab come in? on the way to the pitstop? they look so frigging happy, they are probably first again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Next to last episode and no one cares  :lol: ! I DO though, been waiting to see how this plays out as we had no spoilers besides the Globies supposed decoy run in Vegas which I believe we all agreed on.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Next to last episode and no one cares  :lol: ! I DO though, been waiting to see how this plays out as we had no spoilers besides the Globies supposed decoy run in Vegas which I believe we all agreed on.

Which probably gives away the outcome of 4th and Final 3! haha! I still want to see how it all turns out too!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Puddin if you quit a task you get instructions for the next step.

But here is the thing we have two seasons 6 & 7 that have featured teams quit the roadblock.  And what happened is different. The penalty seems to be a consistent 4 hour (after the next team arrives or just 4 hours if you are currently last or tied for last).  The only difference was that in season 7 teams waiting on site for the time to expire, but in season 6 teams immediately took off for their next destination and the penalty was put at the Pit Stop.

I would hope that is what happened.  Otherwise they the Trotters will basically be non entities at that point (even if we know they get eliminated, the other teams wouldn't) and if they caught up it would really build tension with the three teams that do have a future.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Poll, Oops.  I would lie and say I was completely and totally distracted by spoilers for 16, but that would be a huge lie.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :waves: sports promo

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I can't see the first one very well...where are M/C and what are they doing?? Is it a carry the drinks??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
No its Cheyne and Meghan with clue in hand, its posted up thread as well.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I can't see the first one very well...where are M/C and what are they doing?? Is it a carry the drinks??

My impression was that they just left the starting point.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks guys...working sucks. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

My impression was that they just left the starting point.
My thought as well (so its probably right before the Pit Stop with my luck).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Well yeah it looks like the St. Nicholas Dome that is near the Castle

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think the Roadblock is first and it leads them to the Detours but my question is ........ if lets say it is the Globies who take the 4 hour non-complete the Roadblock, how do they know where to find the Detours? How do they know where to go? They have been beaten to death as "followers" by the other teams so that might come into play? unless of course the Roadblock comes last then that answers that question but how do they find the pit stop?
Do they just tell the clue giver that hey forgo the RB and to give them the clue? Has that ever happened before?

In ARA3, Palin, I think, quit the roadblock and the Vietnamese guy just likes gives her the clue without completing the roadblock

PS: Taken directly from Wiki

Penalty times are cumulative. If a player is unable to complete the Roadblock, the team is assessed a four hour penalty starting from the time of the arrival of the next team at the Roadblock, after which they are given their next clue to proceed
In the American edition, the teams who quit a Roadblock must serve a four-hour penalty assessed starting from when the next team arrives at the task site, whereas in the Asian edition, this four-hour penalty applies at the Pit Stop prior to checking in and not at the Roadblock itself.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:36:58 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
thanks reds

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I am calling it a 10 hour pit stop (thanks puddin).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 07:38:45 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I am calling it a 10 hour ROADBLOCK.
pitstop?

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
This is a bit random, but can they switch out who does the Road Block? For some reason I thought I remembered it happening before.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This is a bit random, but can they switch out who does the Road Block? For some reason I thought I remembered it happening before.
nope
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The failure of Big Easy to get the letter sequence Franz was truly tragic. Dan had given him the first letter as F. If Big Easy believed him and acted on that, there are only 4!, 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 combinations of those 5 letters beginning with F. That is only 24 different combinations. That should have taken a short time period to run through, with average getting it right only 12 tries times the average time per try. I have to assume that Big Easy did not believe Dan, in which case he had 120 combinations to run through.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 07:48:37 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I will state for the record that the strongest racer in AR15 is clearly Meghan. She kept Cheyne focused enough on the golem move to get 1st place and they have done that type of thing throughout the race.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ericka: She is about to get hit. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
Fingers crossed they give something away in the final :D

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
How many seasons has it been since we've actually seen a pity clue sending the eliminated team to the pit stop?
-- theschnauzers