Author Topic: TAR15 EP11: "It Starts With an “F”, That’s All I’m Saying" (Czech Republic)  (Read 106477 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
I highly doubt that they would force a team to quit the Roadblock at any point, but especially in the penultimate leg.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
It looks to me that unless there are several rooms of telephones set up, teams have to take turns performing the roadblock; so I'm guessing get it wrong, you have to wait for your next turn.
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In honour of my American friends Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow and in celebration of one of their most bizarre holiday traditions...

Happy Turkey Day!

just slightly ot...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm thinking the Golems might be parked on the west bank of the river behind the Kafka museum. There's a a little dirt patch at the riverbank, and the two street signs look the same. I can't quite match the windows in the background; streetview won't give me the right angle. Here's the viewpoint, turn/zoom to see what I mean.

OK, I'm reasonably sure now. The windows seem to match.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:56:29 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
Umm I'd like to point out when CBS said "intoxicated locals" they mean drunk locals

So Bricka has to do the speedbump and get their detour clue at the club/bar.

Something like the Montevideo Disco task in season 5.

Start leg:
Get your clue at the bar

3 teams search for clue in a random way in the bar/Brian and Ericka speedbump clue box

Detour: Deliver wine or Deliver slime LOL

Route Marker somewhere

Roadblock: Phone Challenge (Big Easy takes the penalty)

Pitstop results: M/C S/D B/E B/F [ELIMINATED]
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'd call that a match, the little red sign on the top right of the taller building can't be all that common.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Excellent match, when you backlight the pic it looks good to me!! Amazing how you can do that!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'd call that a match, the little red sign on the top right of the taller building can't be all that common.
every street sign in downtown Prague is the same (red with white lettering). Still, it looks like a match to me.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Nicely done Slowhatch! Here you go  :waves:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
every street sign in downtown Prague is the same (red with white lettering). Still, it looks like a match to me.

:innocent:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
lol Coutzy  :lol: :lol:

okay so finally youtube is working for me again  :waves:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Random thought!

Is there ANY chance that Leg 11 is a TBC and someone gets eliminated at the midpoint (start with an elim near the start of the episode - like the F4 of Exile Island)?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Random thought!

Is there ANY chance that Leg 11 is a TBC and someone gets eliminated at the midpoint (start with an elim near the start of the episode - like the F4 of Exile Island)?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol:  Just thinking about that room with the phones.... wonder if the WRP producers are clever enough to use a former Communist relic like the Czech Secret Police (StB) Headquarters... or even the Unitas Hotel/Prison next door... or even the Museum of Communism.   :ascared   Naaahhh! they're not that bright... it's probably just a empty warehouse or some such location...  :funny:

Secret Police Headquarters
Commie Prague
Unitas Art Prison

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Random thought!

That's one of the best replies i've seen around peach. To think you even thought of that! :hearts: :funny:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Puddin, your title as champion of the spoiler lols has officially been taken over by Peach.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That's Neobie's HAHA......I just "borrowed" it!!  :-[ :lol: :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
That reaction was SO expected. There was a reason it was a random thought. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:lol:  Just thinking about that room with the phones.... wonder if the WRP producers are clever enough to use a former Communist relic like the Czech Secret Police (StB) Headquarters... or even the Unitas Hotel/Prison next door... or even the Museum of Communism.   :ascared   Naaahhh! they're not that bright... it's probably just a empty warehouse or some such location...  :funny:

Commie Prague
Unitas Art Prison

That would be AWESOME Boingo!! WIsh they would!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Would this make a difference? I think I see Praha 6, but that's no help: it's the largest district of Prague.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
I have a question though. There are 3 Xs on the sheet, when she wrote FARNZ, but it's supposed to be FRANZ right? So, could the Xs mean how many letters ARE correct. I mean, she only got two letters wrong.

EDIT: Anyways, for the place, I see 1900 Praha 6, or 1506 Praha 8.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:12:12 PM by kwando1313 »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have a question though. There are 3 Xs on the sheet, when she wrote FARNZ, but it's supposed to be FRANZ right? So, could the Xs mean how many letters ARE correct. I mean, she only got two letters wrong.

EDIT: Anyways, for the place, I see 1900 Praha 6, or 1506 Praha 8.
According to Wikipedia the last line should be the postal code + Praha + district.
In Prague the postal code also matches the district - so addresses in district 6 would be 16xxx - district 5 would be 15xxx.

150 00 - 159 99 Prague 5
 160 00 - 169 99 Prague 6
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
:lol:  Just thinking about that room with the phones.... wonder if the WRP producers are clever enough to use a former Communist relic like the Czech Secret Police (StB) Headquarters... or even the Unitas Hotel/Prison next door... or even the Museum of Communism.   :ascared   Naaahhh! they're not that bright... it's probably just a empty warehouse or some such location...  :funny:

Commie Prague
Unitas Art Prison

That would be AWESOME Boingo!! WIsh they would!!
I would discard the museum of communism because it's on a second floor. Now the old Headquarters could very well be it.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol:  I thought there was something funny about this weeks preview... besides the trotters being seen in the daylight during this legs "nighttime" tasks.... it's a recycled clip of the trotters running by the Estonian Parliament... WTF... lazy lazy BVM flunkies... here we are in the second Prague leg, and we still see old Tallinn clips.  shame shame...  :funny:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I think it's well established that Bertram has little if no control over the CBS promo junkies.
-- theschnauzers