Author Topic: TAR15 EP11: "It Starts With an “F”, That’s All I’m Saying" (Czech Republic)  (Read 106503 times)

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
I think "F" is for Franz Kafka

Wow Frank Kafza!! Is he from one of your detour task in your game, Dan?? Maybe the detour is the same task??  :lol: :lol:
I thought about it because in the Franz Kafka museum in Prague, there's this creepy labyrinth with a phone at the end which keeps ringing and you can actually answer it. It's supposed to be a symbol of the bueraucracy and how it drove Kafka nuts.

I think the RB answer is Frank Kafza and bring them to the Frank Kafza Museum for the detour??
I saw the Clay Golum form there.. Maybe is in the museum??  :duno:

I think the quote is from one of the trotter telling the one doing the RB??  :duno:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:12:05 PM by puddin »
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

NoluckBoston

Lol
I thought Speed Bumps were something relaxing. Like Yoga or Saunas?

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here is it..

Golem!! I think Sam and Dan is moving the Clay Golem..

From Wiki:

As the Golem of Prague was the first that had been seen up until then, it was always called Golem, in other words that was simply its name.

In later history, the word was generalized into a more common term for this class of beings: golems. Many other golems appeared in culture, inspired by the original Golem from Prague. Some referred back to the original story, others used the concept of golems without any reference to Prague at all, ignoring or even not knowing its origin and original purpose.

Think the detour is at Frank Kafza Museum as from wiki:

Nobel Prize winner Isaac Bashevis Singer wrote a short story called "A Friend of Kafka," which was about a Yiddish actor called Jacques Kohn who said he knew Franz Kafka. In this story, according to Jacques Kohn, Kafka believed in the Golem, a legendary creature from Jewish folklore.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:12:46 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Episode 11, Which team stated the title? It starts with an "F"
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 09:22:40 PM »

Why Dan? ???

Wow Frank Kafza!! Is he from one of your detour task in your game, Dan?? Maybe the detour is the same task??  :lol: :lol:
I thought about it because in the Franz Kafka museum in Prague, there's this creepy labyrinth with a phone at the end which keeps ringing and you can actually answer it. It's supposed to be a symbol of the bueraucracy and how it drove Kafka nuts.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
good job autowil!

preview

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
12/6 Amazing Race 15 - It Ends With a “K”, That’s All I’m Saying (Las Vegas)

Well I'll be damned  :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Rose would be proud of you autowil  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »
Thanks Dan!! great idea! And thanks for the research will!! Good thinking guys!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Nice job DAN and WIL!! :yess:

From the title thread:

i think is Frank Kafza too.. And the next location is Frank Kafza Museum.. As the clay thing sam and dan moving is a Golem.. I think Golem maybe link to Frank Kafza too..

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So, it should go like this

Telephone RB - Location TBD
(Answer: Franz Kafka)

Detour - Franz Kafka Museum
(Transport Golem / Other Choice)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I thought the telephones had to do with spying in the Cold War!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I wonder if Brian and Ericka are trying to get wine to serve off of a dumbwaiter, perhaps in a cafe or something??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »
My guess would be that Meghan says the title to Dan.  I'm thinking Meghan is smart enough to know about Kafka and Dan isn't.  (Can anyone say, "Chekhov"?)

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Why Dan? ???

Peach i think is Frank Kafza too.. And the next location is Frank Kafza Museum.. As the clay thing sam and dan moving is a Golem.. I think Golem maybe link to Frank Kafza too..

Thanks to Dan for Frank Kafza for giving the link to the Golem.

And I remember Golem from playing an adventure game.. Haha.. I remember in that game, i need to create a Golem..  :funny: :funny:.. That why i remember is a Golem..  ;D

Dun think the phone task in in Frank Kafza mususem.. Look like ware house to me..
I think maybe next week task is Frank Kafza theme?

:funny: :funny: :funny:

I think since everyone saying F, A.. in the rb. The answer maybe is Frank Kafza.. Where the clue is at Frank Kafza Museum.. Maybe is a Frank Kafza theme too..

The RB Location is tough.. But it do look  like some courtyard.. I can see nice tiles floor..

I wonder if Brian and Ericka are trying to get wine to serve off of a dumbwaiter, perhaps in a cafe or something??

Think is a speedbump maybe before the RB.. Maybe you are right.. Think is red wine.. But i thought is coke.. Haha.. :funny:

Frank Kafza is a famous writer.. If anyone read his book.. They will know him..
 :flirt:

Franz Kafza here is a famous writer in cezch.. Under his name there is a museum built for him..

From Wiki:

Franz Kafka ;3 July 1883 – 3 June 1924) was a major fiction writer of the 20th century. He was born to a middle-class German-speaking Jewish family in Prague, Bohemia (presently the Czech Republic), Austria–Hungary. His unique body of writing—much of which is incomplete and which was mainly published posthumously—is considered to be among the most influential in Western literature.

Kafka was born in one of the houses on Prague's Old Town Square, right next to the Church of St. Nicholas. A gallery with a permanent exposition on Kafka's life has been opened in this house.

His stories include The Metamorphosis (1912) and In the Penal Colony (1914), while his novels are The Trial (1925), The Castle (1926) and Amerika (1927).

:funny: :funny:

I think Peach is rite.. Think is mix of wine, beer and other drinks..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:20:28 PM by puddin »

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Btw does wine serve in those glass?? I thought wine is serve in a nice wine glass??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Maybe some of each??

Here is a brighter view:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:25:03 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

Pints of Ale :beer2:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 10:16:30 PM »
Frank Kafza is a famous writer.. If anyone read his book.. They will know him..
 :flirt:

Well I have always thought that Franz Kafza is a character and Franz Kafka it a famous writer........which to you mean Will?
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Maybe theres blood in the glass, shades of Lori and Bolo  :jam:  :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I traced this image to this location at the castle:  Panoramio

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 11:55:26 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Maybe some of each??

Here is a brighter view:

It looked like what Megan Fox spit out in Jennifer's Body.... EWW...

It doesn't look like blood as well XD

I think it's another awesome leg <3 Golems, Telephones <33
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Okay, so the Roadblock is the telephone thing: They'll probably be getting all sorts of calls from everywhere in the room, and the letters they get are going to be scrambled up. I don't know how many calls they'll get (10?), and that's what their next clue is -- the answer? Or are they already there when they do the Roadblock?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Okay, so the Roadblock is the telephone thing: They'll probably be getting all sorts of calls from everywhere in the room, and the letters they get are going to be scrambled up. I don't know how many calls they'll get (10?), and that's what their next clue is -- the answer? Or are they already there when they do the Roadblock?
If the answer is what we deduce.. Frank Kafka, Maybe is 10..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:24:54 AM by autowil »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »
From Wiki:

Franz Kafka ;3 July 1883 – 3 June 1924) was a major fiction writer of the 20th century. He was born to a middle-class German-speaking Jewish family in Prague, Bohemia (presently the Czech Republic), Austria–Hungary. His unique body of writing—much of which is incomplete and which was mainly published posthumously—is considered to be among the most influential in Western literature.

Kafka was born in one of the houses on Prague's Old Town Square, right next to the Church of St. Nicholas. A gallery with a permanent exposition on Kafka's life has been opened in this house.

His stories include The Metamorphosis (1912) and In the Penal Colony (1914), while his novels are The Trial (1925), The Castle (1926) and Amerika (1927).

When you copy and paste from Wiki it is KAFKA..........when you spell it as KAFZA........what is the difference??????????
I know hwo Franz Kafka is. I read him in college. Who is Franz Kafza?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:23:14 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15