Author Topic: Ep#9: Which team gets stuck in the mud?  (Read 6889 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ep#9: Which team gets stuck in the mud?
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:46:43 PM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week?

2.  Which team would you like to see eliminated this week?

3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why?

4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Ep#9: Which team gets stuck in the mud?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week?
Considering there has been no press about "The biggest confrontation in Amazing Race History" I doubt there is really going to be much to see.
Sam and Dan. STAY AWAY FROM MY GLOBETROTTERS!
3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why?
Def. the Speed Bump. A team is only disadvantaged by how much they let themselves be.
No, she's on a down and dirty crusade, remember?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week? I don't know and I don't know if I care. :lol:

2.  Which team would you like to see eliminated this week? Sam & Dan

3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why? Marked for elimination is the best because it requires team strength to finish first, luck, and isn't a really wimpy, annoying task that wastes time.

4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"? No, she LOOOVES mud. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week?  Hopefully nowhere near last seasons feud.

Damn I actually like all the teams to some degree (where are the racers I can't stand who make it much further then I would like).  God probably the Globetrotters.

3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why?  I actually love marked for elimination the best.  It was fair (in a way that the speed bump isn't as each of those tasks take different amounts of time), it also rewarded strong racing, and allowed the team to prove that they really deserved another chance.  And in each case, each leg did provide the possibility of the team surviving (Yes even for D&K either in first or 2nd and could have made it).

Plus on a purely production side, it added to additional cost to the show, unlike the new speed bump.

4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"?  SHe's getting down and dirty, hopefully she loves it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:21 PM »
Sam and his blubbering bro

meanie, I know you love Dan too!    :flirt: :flirt:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 01:12:02 AM »

Pretty bad

Megan and Shane. Yes, serious

Speed bump. It's pretty tough. Most teams get eliminated, unlike Season 13. Season 13 saw Kelly and Christy begging to be eliminated and Toni and Dallas's passport error. And TK and Rachel managed to make up 3 hours in Season 12 thanks to Nate and Jen's whining

Yeah, why not?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:28 AM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week?
-->not too much, I say
2.  Which team would you like to see eliminated this week?
-->Is it too much to say I want Marcy/Ron, Zev/Justin, Lance/Keri, Mika/Canaan & Maria/Tiffany taking over the Final 5 right now? :funny:
3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why?
-->Duh. NONE. The mugging didn't seem to have an overall effect anyway (flights/HoO); the MFE was either a doom-bringer or not even a factor & I somehow hate the Speed Bumps. Plus, the EPIC Kelly/Jon & Millie/Chuck car race would've most likely not happened had there been a NEL penalty. (This is of course ignoring the fact that they'd probably move the NELs one leg backward, but getting into detail on that would be a long discussion. :P)
4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"?
-->Didn't she find the Vietnam mud "sensual" while the others complained? :funny: I say no. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 07:33:08 AM »
--> someone slips and pulls one another. that's it.

--> FT/BE

-->Speed Bump.

--> Nope.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:17 AM »
Blown out of proportion  - until Sam takes Big Easy's name literally and hits on him. :lol:

Mika and Caanan - can you eliminate a team twice?

I think the last place team should have to carry the first place team's backpacks on the next leg  :lol:

I think Ericka's mom will be glad to see Brian covered in mud.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week? Heavier hatred. I mean who doesn't like being slipped into, even if it's an accident. And the unprovoked comment about the fans getting the Trotters there...

I would LIKE to see? Um... I don't know... I'm OK with all the teams...

In order: Marked for Elimination, Speed Bump, the mugging, nothing. Marked for Elimination was the right amount of pressure (really should be more IMO (1 hour if not first?)). Speed Bump, if applied correctly is good enough, but you can get lame examples (I mean making pho? Seriously LAME!). Taking money is REALLY harsh, I mean it is TOO hard for them, almost an insta-elimination by taking away all the money. Nothing is useless...

If she fussed about dirt, she's gonna fuss about mud.

wuzhaozhe

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 02:51:03 AM »

Not so bad...

Trotters... I don`t hate them, but get bored with those father, hurricane and birthday things... they have too many issues. They are humorous, but not as loveable from the inside as M/S and S/D.
Like all the five, Love M/S S/D B/E

My be a mixture of those three would be a good idea for s16

I hope so...

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week?  Not too bad, but it does increase the brothers' dislike of the Globetrotters.

2.  Which team would you like to see eliminated this week?  Sam & Dan, if only because I like the others more than them.

3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why?  I slightly prefer the Mark for Elimination because it really forces a team to try and get in first -- or at least come in early enough to avoid being eliminated.

4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"?  Not anymore.

Belle Book

DavidJunior

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 03:22:46 PM »
Hopefully something big, I'm starting to get a little bored with this season...

I wholeheartedly agree with Raymond on this one.  Eliminate everyone and bring back Marcy/Ron, Zev/Justin, Lance/Keri, Mika/Canaan, Maria/Tiffany (even though I hate the last team, like others have said, there should always be a team to root against...)

I loved all of the penalties, they were all deliciously even in their own way...

Again, if it will spice up this season, then why not?

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »
1.  Ok, we know Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week? I think the GT's are going to annoy the hell out of S/D.  It will be pretty bad for them but I just don't think it's going to come to blows... Much. LOL  However, if the GT's took S/D down like wildcats on purpose, they might face a penalty for un-necessary roughness! Then it would be pretty bad for them!

2.  Which team would you like to see eliminated this week?I would like the GT's to eliminated but sadly, I think it will be G/M.

3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why?I think I like the speedbump the best.  Teams should get some sort of penalty but I didn't like that they had to beg for money, etc.

4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"?I can see it now... Brian says 'Swamp Volleyball' and Erika say, 'Oh hell no, we weren't meant for the swamp!'  :funny:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »

1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week? A war of words!

2.  Which team would you like to see eliminated this week? Brian & Erika (not gonna happen though)

3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why?  Speed Bump is the best, but would like more consistency on the difficult of them from season to season.

4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"?  Oh yeah!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »
1.  Ok, we Sam & Dan aren't to fond of the Trotters, how bad is it going to be this week? I don't think it'll be too bad. As others mentioned, it hasn't really been hyped up.

2.  Which team would you like to see eliminated this week? Sam & Dan - I love bickering between couples, but I just hate your bickering. Would you really call your own brother what they really called each other? Easy to say, one of my least favorite teams ever.

3.  We have a speed bump penalty, due to the non elimination leg.  Out of the various forms of penalty's (from none, to two types of mugging, Marked for Elimination and the Speed Bump) which do you like the most and why? Speed Bump - because it gives the stronger teams a chance to minimise their penalty, while the weaker ones can actually shoot themselves in the foot! :boot:

4.  Is Ericka gonna make a fuss about the "mud"? Hmmm, I don't think so, but I HOPE she does! :eww
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥