Author Topic: TAR15 EP10: "We’re Not Working With Anybody, Ever, Anymore!"  (Read 71098 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR15 EP10: "We’re Not Working With Anybody, Ever, Anymore!"
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2009, 12:54:16 AM »
This is a present!! :hearts:

Guess who came back for B/E after all??   :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Brian & Ericka won based on the edit, but I don't think Ericka has been portrayed nicely at all.  Brian I haven't seen anything really negative at all from, but her.  Lord, bitchy, demanding, controlling and weak are all things that they have shown about Ericka.  Hardly an edit not showing negative aspects from her.

In fact all four teams hhve had good and bad shown about them that could indicate a win.

As for someone pointing out that we didn't see Uchena & Joyce arguing in the first episode, well that might simply be due to the fact that Uchenna & Joyce really were non entities in that episode.  Neither the team's that were close to elimination nor the teams that were out front which are the teams that get the main focus of the openers.

I would actually be a little disappointed if Brian & Ericka win, simply on the fact that they really haven't raced well.

I know for many people thats not a factor on who they would like to see win, but for myself it is.

Its one of the reasons I didn't mind Eric & Danielle winning (because when you eliminate the plane factors that were outside their control) they actually ran a good race (well except for three legs, and one of those was too deliberately get the Guidos eliminated).  And had three episodes that they actually performed all the tasks faster then any of the other teams.

But I do like them so there is that.  In fact I would be happy with any of these four teams winning, and I think that is a first.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2009, 09:44:44 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Brian & Ericka won based on the edit, but I don't think Ericka has been portrayed nicely at all.  Brian I haven't seen anything really negative at all from, but her.  Lord, bitchy, demanding, controlling and weak are all things that they have shown about Ericka.  Hardly an edit not showing negative aspects from her.

In fact all four teams hhve had good and bad shown about them that could indicate a win.

As for someone pointing out that we didn't see Uchena & Joyce arguing in the first episode, well that might simply be due to the fact that Uchenna & Joyce really were non entities in that episode.  Neither the team's that were close to elimination nor the teams that were out front which are the teams that get the main focus of the openers.

I would actually be a little disappointed if Brian & Ericka win, simply on the fact that they really haven't raced well.

I know for many people thats not a factor on who they would like to see win, but for myself it is.

Its one of the reasons I didn't mind Eric & Danielle winning (because when you eliminate the plane factors that were outside their control) they actually ran a good race (well except for three legs, and one of those was too deliberately get the Guidos eliminated).  And had three episodes that they actually performed all the tasks faster then any of the other teams.

But I do like them so there is that.  In fact I would be happy with any of these four teams winning, and I think that is a first.

The only team I really don't want to see win is Sam & Dan, and that's less because they seemed like potential alpha males when I first saw them than because they bicker so much!  Alpha males, bickering teams and villainous ones are my top three least-liked teams and I prefer alpha males to bickering and villainous teams, while I prefer villainous teams (as long as they work well together) to bickering ones.  So bickering teams are the one type of team I like least.

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2009, 12:27:39 PM »
Belle

For me its isn't just black and white.  It all depends (bickering wise) on how the teams really react to it.  If I feel that after the bickering teams are pissed off at each other or holding grudges then yeah I hate it, but if after the bickering the teams are fine with each other then it really doesn't bother me).

Two examples

Kevin & Drew and Charla & Mirna.

Kevin & Drew bitch and yell at each other all the time, yet they would soon afterwards be laughing at each other.  SO it looks like its just how they communicate but doesn't reflect a pissed off state at each other.

Then we have Charla & Mirna and I recall several episodes where they bickered and yelled at each other, and we see footage of them even at the Pit Stop still harping on the same issue and neither seems happy with each other.  I hated that.

In the specific case of Sam & Dan, after they bicker and yell at each other they don't seem mad at each other (one time Dan seemed mad at himself, when he was crying), but even right after the haybales they are goofing off with each other on the way to the Pit Stop.  That so far seems to have been their worst day, and when a team member immediately is showing concern for you, and apologizing (in a really heart felt way) it doesn't bother me.  It seems that they truly care for each other and its just how they talk to each other.

To me its always, see what emotion is there not just words or volumes.  At least when you are interacting with someone who really knows you.

You be rude to a local, I don't care what reason and I really am going to have a hard time liking you.

I was actually more bothered by Cheyne's casual dismissal of Meghan in the cab then the bickering between Sam & Dan.  Thankfully we haven't seen much of that.

We have had lots of bickering teams that seem unhappy throughout large parts of the race.  Those are the teams that bother me (on the bickering side).

Its why I like these teams a lot.  Even the teams the complain, bitch or harp seem (so far) to really care about their partner.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
In my opinion, I feel that this season's kind of like TAR 13 in the sense.

Meghan and Cheyne are getting the Nick and Starr edit, very likeable at the beginning, then their nasty and scheming sides show later but if you noticed, they weren't portrayed in too villainous a way, such that while they lose some fans, they still remain largely likeable to many.

Brian and Ericka are getting the Ken and Tina edit, lots of bickerings through the race, but they were nice to other teams. Remember Tina always giving directions and helping other teams? They got a good edit towards the end but they still finished second, which I predict will be Brian and Ericka's ultimate placing. What's more, they haven't won a leg, and it hardly occus that teams who haven't won a leg will win eventually, besides Eric and Danielle.

Sam and Dan are perhaps getting the Andrew and Dan annoying edit, BUT the former's a million times better than the latter.

That's my take, I think Meghan and Cheyne win eventually. Which will be boring because for one, they've won SO MANY legs and for another, I don't really like them now and I really want Brian and Ericka to win. But well, my favourite team winning doesn't happen to me often, in fact it hardly happens, so I'll just prepare for a Meghan and Cheyne win and not get my hopes up. =(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
Nick and Starr from the 2nd episode were shown as not to be trust worthy, it wasn't something that happened towards the end.  They were always shown as willing to do whatever needed to be done to win.

As for Meghan & Cheyne they have also shown to have their eyes on the prize, but their actions to date aren't what I would call bad, nor do we see anything (either on the show or clips) to show they being really nasty.

All four teams have shown either by words or deeds willingness to take advantage of others, betray the trust of others, or manipulate to get their way.

I don't see any team this season really getting a "bad" edit.

Things like taking others cabs, telling teams that they don't know where clues are, and telling locals to not help others are all very tame actions for what we can see from teams.

And so far that has been the primary "bad" actions by teams.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2009, 03:50:27 PM »
It's really funny outside of Lance & Keri (and even they treated each other with respect in their final and worst leg) I like this cast.  I don't think they are good racers (though not as bad as seasons 13 awful racers) for the most part), even Meghan & Cheyne don't seem that strong of racers (two of there wins had more to do with factors outside their control then what how they actually performed).

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »
Oh and Belle and Ruth

Just in case I sound preachy.  I am just looking at the racers, in my views.  Everyone has likes and dislikes and favorites.  Yours are just as valid as mine.

I know for example that I like most of the alpha male teams (because for one I generally like teams that do well, and the 2nd they have usually like other racers, locals and other teams).  I tend to also like teams that seem to really like each other.  Whether its teams like Kris & Jon (who seemed like disney characters should have been following them) to those who are more expressive (like Sam & Dan who do seem to really care for each other or couples like Amanda & Chris (who cussed like a sailor, or Jon & Kelley who did fight and used crude humor a lot but I never felt they didn't deeply love each other).

The great thing about the race in general is that in each season (at least for me) is that there are always a few teams that appeal to the type of people I like.  Some make it one leg, some make it to the final.  Its one of he great strengths of this show (thank god).