Author Topic: TAR15 EP10: "We’re Not Working With Anybody, Ever, Anymore!"  (Read 71115 times)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: TAR15 EP10: "We’re Not Working With Anybody, Ever, Anymore!"
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2009, 11:41:33 PM »
This leg brought back the memories of Old School TAR. When I was watching it with the last ten minutes and still no teams checked in, I thought this was a TBC.

Don Giovanni and the Roadblock is such fun!

Detours were challenging AND FUN!

Different transportation gambles <333

This leg >>>>>>>>>>>> Past 51 episodes!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2009, 11:52:01 PM »
This leg brought back the memories of Old School TAR. When I was watching it with the last ten minutes and still no teams checked in, I thought this was a TBC.

Don Giovanni and the Roadblock is such fun!

Detours were challenging AND FUN!

Different transportation gambles <333

This leg >>>>>>>>>>>> Past 51 episodes!

I agree with everything except the last. (TAR 13 Cambodia and TAR 14 Switzerland comes to mind.)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2009, 11:56:35 PM »
CBS actually has a gallery up for this episode  ....wow

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/photos/photos.php?v=38627

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2009, 11:58:53 PM »
I know there is no editing in TAR but I keep thinking to myself that Brian and Ericka are getting the winning edit, they remind me a lot of Eric and Danielle >> All Stars. <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2009, 12:09:07 AM »
All those comments from Brian about the angels, slipping in, never winning a prelim at Miss America and then taking the crown...I am thinking the same thing.

And I do think you can make a case for a winning edit on TAR, we have seen that before.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2009, 12:52:55 AM »
Eric and Danielle never won a leg until it counted. I am not comparing Danille and Erics relationship by no means to Ericka and Brian. I think Brian is a really really really good guy and was truly more hurt than mad at Sam and Dan.
and was it just me or did Cheyne get a really ugly edit this episode and he and Meghan last week when they told their driver not to call a cab for Ericka and Brian. TAR does love the "karma" thing.  The Globies aren't getting much love either in the editing department. It will be interesting to see how exactly they go, I've been waiting for this upcoming episode for a long long time.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2009, 01:02:19 AM »
Yup! Puddin.. I dunno is it Meghan or Cheyne. But they did tell the driver dun bother to call a new cab and just drive off.
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2009, 01:17:33 AM »
It does appear that the team that got the best edit today was probably Team America. Foreshadowing?  :duno:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2009, 03:16:32 AM »

I have just watched the past seasons. Some episodes had legs where teams didn't check in until the last five minutes or so. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2009, 06:03:17 AM »
I know there is no editing in TAR but I keep thinking to myself that Brian and Ericka are getting the winning edit, they remind me a lot of Eric and Danielle >> All Stars. <3

Exactly EXACTLY PUDDIN! I'm glad i'm not the only one!

The fact that the past few episodes gave the globetrotters a bad edit.

And this episode gave Sam and Dan a bad edit, and to think even Meghan and Cheyne got a bad edit... IS JUST AMAZING.

I completely, thanks to edit or whatsoever, turned from a Meghan and Cheyne (50%) and Brian and Ericka (50%) to a BRIAN AND ERICKA fan! I mean, i still like Meghan and Cheyne.. and previously my mind was happy that if any of these 2 teams win, i'll be glad! But now, if Bricka doesn't win.. i'll be sad!!!!!!!!

I think alot of time was spent on the Detour for this leg... and i would have done the rafting for sure... RAFTING >> THE OTHER OPTION. But this is a classic case where the "faster" Detour may not necessarily be the best choice. And this means good TV! Thanks Sam and Dan for choosing to raft, i got some pretty good moments there watching them yell at each other..

The Roadblock, in actual fact.. is LAME. BUT, the fact that the guy who kept singing... suddenly went.. "HA HA HA HA HA. *straight face* NO!" Is classic. THIS IS A TAR CLASSIC. THE GUY >>>>>> JAPANESE WOMAN IN TOKYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :funny: :funny: :funny:

I loved how Ericka wants to go slow and steady but when Sam and Dan stole their cab, she immediately FIRED UP! :lol: Also like how Brian wants to keep playing fair! I think this might be the first time i actually like BOTH the male and female racer in a CO-ED team. Previously i usually prefer the female racer more and like the team because of the girl in the team (the other team that made me love both racer is UCHENNA AND JOYCE!), but this episode... seriously... made me feel as if i'm watching UCHENNA AND JOYCE race again! I loveeeee U/J and i just can't help it but Brian and Ericka totally kept reminding me of them! Uchenna playing fair = BRIAN. And wasn't Uchenna and Joyce another team in YELLOW as well?!?!?! :jumpy: :hearts: :jam: :wohoo:

OMG, this leg brought back alot of memories of old school TAR. <33333333333333333333333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2009, 06:09:16 AM »
Eric and Danielle never won a leg until it counted. I am not comparing Danille and Erics relationship by no means to Ericka and Brian. I think Brian is a really really really good guy and was truly more hurt than mad at Sam and Dan.
and was it just me or did Cheyne get a really ugly edit this episode and he and Meghan last week when they told their driver not to call a cab for Ericka and Brian. TAR does love the "karma" thing.  The Globies aren't getting much love either in the editing department. It will be interesting to see how exactly they go, I've been waiting for this upcoming episode for a long long time.

Exactly! TAR loves to play with the karma thing! And they "usually" like to give their winners a good edit. Look at BJ/Tyler.. they were one hell of an irritating team but got a good edit anyway... which saved the season because some people liked them because of their whackyness. Imagine if they just ONLY showed how they U-TURN MoJo and all the other negative stuff... more people will not like them and the season could have been a flop. Flo is another example of a "bad" edit, but she's in her own league and Flo and Zach winning = Shocking + underdogs effect = MOST. SHOCKING. RESULTS. EVER. And if i'm not wrong, many people still do like Flo and Zach. Teri and Ian was given a bad edit for one of the episodes they went up to the cab driver and told them not to help Flo and Zach....

Chip and Kim had a karma edit too, helped Kami and Karli.. and they did win. Uchenna and Joyce helped Meredith and Gretchen literally all the way to the final 4.. they gave Meredith and Gretchen money, clothes when they came in last on a NEL.. and they won.

I do believe that the karma edit seemed to be emphasized alot this season. Brian was seen helping the other teams many many times and this might play out to be actually something.

But there's really no such thing as a "winning" edit i have to agree with puddin. But you just can't help but to feel suspicious about it. Besides this time round, Bricka has a "karma" and "underdog" edit going on there.. very fishy. :funny:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2009, 06:16:32 AM »
^^I myself do NOT believe in Karma. I mean, hello, four of the teams that Yielded + one of the teams that U-Turned went on to win. :funny: Plus, production hides the bad stuff from us. Wasn't there supposedly an unaired screaming match between Uchenna & Joyce on the Peru bus? I can possibly list down negative moments for each winner, hence me not rooting for the "nice" teams for being "nice".

ETA: That being said, if Brian & Ericka win, it will be bad karma for me not being able to watch the last few episodes & relying on forums/Wiki/the site to fill me in. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2009, 08:11:16 AM »
^^I myself do NOT believe in Karma. I mean, hello, four of the teams that Yielded + one of the teams that U-Turned went on to win. :funny: Plus, production hides the bad stuff from us. Wasn't there supposedly an unaired screaming match between Uchenna & Joyce on the Peru bus? I can possibly list down negative moments for each winner, hence me not rooting for the "nice" teams for being "nice".

ETA: That being said, if Brian & Ericka win, it will be bad karma for me not being able to watch the last few episodes & relying on forums/Wiki/the site to fill me in. :funny:

It depends you see Raymond. If the team that U-TURNed or Yielded another team helps us get rid of an extremely or does it to a team everyone hates, how's that bad karma? :funny: I know it doesn't make sense.. but i LOVED it when Colin and Christie and Weavers were Yielded and although i hated Kisha and Jen being U-TURNed, the fact that they were also trying to U-TURN Tammy and Victor cancels out the bad karma? Make sense.. No? :funny:

The fact that the unair screamfest between Uchenna and Joyce just shows how much editors do NOT want to give their winners a bad edit. Isn't that exactly what Brian and Ericka are getting now.. a good edit that shows the team in a good light, minus the occasional little bickering between themselves?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »

It depends you see Raymond. If the team that U-TURNed or Yielded another team helps us get rid of an extremely or does it to a team everyone hates, how's that bad karma? :funny: I know it doesn't make sense.. but i LOVED it when Colin and Christie and Weavers were Yielded and although i hated Kisha and Jen being U-TURNed, the fact that they were also trying to U-TURN Tammy and Victor cancels out the bad karma? Make sense.. No? :funny:

The fact that the unair screamfest between Uchenna and Joyce just shows how much editors do NOT want to give their winners a bad edit. Isn't that exactly what Brian and Ericka are getting now.. a good edit that shows the team in a good light, minus the occasional little bickering between themselves?

I get the canceling karma thing. But some of the Yields weren't like, "we yield you or vice-versa" (though all the others wanted to get rid of them - I'm still pissed off the Yield wasn't used on half the other teams that season while the fun ones were Yielded - BJ/Tyler yielding MoJo for example :funny:), so there is still some karma in the sense that it was used on someone who didn't plan to use it.

As for Brian & Ericka, yup, it is. Hence, a 'good edit'. I think I may have misstated what I really meant in my previous post about edits & such. Too dense right now to type clearly. :funny: Doing Psychology homework. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2009, 09:49:49 PM »
Slowhatch got the Sheraton right!   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »
Who needs NCIS when we have the TAR Detectives  :jam:, seriously!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2009, 01:34:17 PM »
For Apskip to use on unsuspecting newbies.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:28:50 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2009, 05:01:55 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Happy Holidays Neobie  :kuss:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2009, 06:03:55 PM »
Question: Did Brian and Ericka take the wrong bus into town?

I'm looking at the route between the airport and Dejvická Station, which is a 11km/7mil trip taking no longer than 15min. The interesting thing? I don't see a tunnel on the route. So...

Online Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
It's an interesting question. First we see them at the city/centrum stop at Ruzyne. The usual connection (map here) would be line 119 to Dejvicka (Line A), then only a few metro stops to Staromestska (Old Town). And in fact we see them following Tram 20 (map here) a little later; so far, so good. But then they decide to get off next to Kavarna Arco (Kafka's hangout--viewpoint here), which means they overshot Old Town. Then we see them catch a cab a few blocks away in front of the Marriot (viewpoint here). It would be nice to see their bus number/name but I can't get a clear frame of it.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »
Got it. They missed their stop and got off at the Masarykovo Nadrazi Train Station instead. Tunnel's the Letensky Tunnel.

Shouldn't have been any traffic before that; Brian and Ericka could have proven the bus choice a wise one if they'd got off at the right stop!

TPTB failed to show us the determining factor of their loss this week.

http://czech-transport.com/index.php?id=357
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:17:26 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2009, 01:47:19 AM »
Nice work Slowhatch and Neobie!  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2009, 02:05:59 AM »
It would be nice to see their bus number/name but I can't get a clear frame of it.
Not exactly sure what I'm looking for Slowhatch  :-[ :lol:   :duno:

Online Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2009, 02:34:31 AM »
Neobie put it all together. It would have been nice to find a frame like this, but I didn't see anything this time.

There aren't many instances I can think of where it's better to take public transport:
  • When the teams are instructed by clue card
  • It's early in the race, they're more interested in saving money than time (TAR4, airport into Milan)
  • Public transport is just as fast (TAR4, airport into Brisbane)
  • All the other teams are doing it because it's the only practical solution (TAR3, airport into K.L.)
That's off the top of my head, there are probably other examples. But....final 4? I'd stay away from public transport unless the time savings were locked in--guaranteed.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:03:30 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »
Which is why teams should receive less cash, or receive less cash they're allowed to use for taxis.

Public transport always seems to work faster in Hong Kong though - is traffic that bad? In TAR 2 from the airport, in TAR:A across the harbour, in TAR:I to Causeway Bay... TAR 11 forced them to use taxis though, I'm sure the subway would've been faster either way!

(Veering off-topic here...)