Author Topic: Ep#8: Which team apparently likes to roll around in the Hay all day?  (Read 8769 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1.  Do we see Lena?

2.  With this Switch back, what are some of the detours and Roadblocks that you wouldn't mind see coming back?

3.  Ok, we have another amusement Ride.  Do you think Mika could have done this?

4.  Do you think CBS would seriously bring Lena back as a greeter?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Ep#8: Which team apparently likes to roll around in the Hay all day?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 10:41:42 PM »
I can think of one other possibility -- that this is the leg where the viewer learns that Maria/Tiffany's 24 hour penalty eliminates them from the Race before the penalty expires.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »
I hope we get an explanation, of course. But the viewers already know they are eliminated.... CBS had the ES video up on the site immediately.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 11:05:35 PM »
Lord, what I meant to say is the production on occasion doesn't show penalties if they have no real bearing to the race.  Or no large drama to promote.

I can't see any reason for them to bring up Maria & Tiffany.

If it was a non Elimination leg, then frankly it still doesn't matter.  24 hours would kill them.  And I couldn't see the show wasting footage on that.

If it was an Elimination leg, then there is nothing to see, teams have had penalties not shown when they are eliminated because it hadn't no drama to the race.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:13:10 PM by mswood »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 11:16:06 PM »
1.  Do we see Lena?
PLEASE!!!!
2.  With this Switch back, what are some of the detours and Roadblocks that you wouldn't mind see coming back?
Duh, the Plow/Fowl Detour (broken ox + duck herding <3), the coffee bean hunt (sorry Tammy :lol:), almost all other animal tasks :funny:
3.  Ok, we have another amusement Ride.  Do you think Mika could have done this?
Oh heck no. :funny:
YES!!! :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:20:13 PM »
If CBS does not bring back Lena and Kristy for this, I will think they are nuts for sure. What an opportunity for a truly memorable moment.

Although IIRC, Lena and Kristy passed on some press opportunities, so they may have no interest in this either. I'm sure this is well in their past by now.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:24:47 PM »
1.  Do we see Lena?

We will see her during a flashback.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Broken Ox make a return.

No. Just no.

No, but they should.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 12:21:28 AM »
If CBS does not bring back Lena and Kristy for this, I will think they are nuts for sure. What an opportunity for a truly memorable moment.

Although IIRC, Lena and Kristy passed on some press opportunities, so they may have no interest in this either. I'm sure this is well in their past by now.
Maybe they bring Lena and Kristy back and they swim with dolphins in Tanzania, this way peach gets 3 of her wishes in 1 jam packed episode  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 12:33:19 AM »

Maybe they bring Lena and Kristy back and they swim with dolphins in Tanzania, this way peach gets 3 of her wishes in 1 jam packed episode  :hearts:

And Antarctica. :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 12:51:34 AM »
^Peach beat me to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 01:05:45 AM »
How could I forget Antarctica ?  :grins:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 01:09:07 AM »
Brian & The Shrew

Brian and puddin (an ill-tempered scolding woman)  :yess:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 05:01:43 AM »
1. Flashback
2. I think it's going to be the broken Ox next or the coffee bean <333 OMG! We'll keep an eye for Season 16!
3. Nope. She'll cry like a baby... "Save me! Save me!"
4. YES YES YES!

ETA: Chances with the broken ox next season is VERY SLIM. Victoria Laguna has been damaged by the ****ty typhoons that attacked the Philippines one after the other...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 05:52:10 AM »
1.  Do we see Lena?
No

The cholita roadblock in Bolivia in Amazing Race 13, but I don't think it will be that soon.

No way, she'll freak out

Maybe

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »
1.  Do we see Lena?  Only in a flashback, I'm afraid.

2.  With this Switch back, what are some of the detours and Roadblocks that you wouldn't mind see coming back?  The "broken ox" one and the donkeys one from Season 12.  Loved seeing Nathan & Jennifer's donkey hee-hawing the way it did!

3.  Ok, we have another amusement Ride.  Do you think Mika could have done this?  No way!

4.  Do you think CBS would seriously bring Lena back as a greeter?  They'd seriously consider it.  The issue is whether Lena would agree to it.

And it's a non-elimination leg.

Belle Book

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »
(meant to click the Globes in the poll)

1. In a flashback.
2. Plow/Fowl in the Philippines, Count the Numbers/Run the Numbers in Switzerland, the Aussie Slang roadblock
3. ...no.
4. Not unless she's Swedish.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 01:15:45 PM »

1.  Do we see Lena?  :yess:

2.  With this Switch back, what are some of the detours and Roadblocks that you wouldn't mind see coming back? Meat eating in Argentina (but that one was good because of Rob)

3.  Ok, we have another amusement Ride.  Do you think Mika could have done this? No

4.  Do you think CBS would seriously bring Lena back as a greeter?  That would be awesome!

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 07:43:36 PM »
1.  Do we see Lena? That predates my Amazing Race watching. SO I really have no idea who Lena is.

2.  With this Switchback, what are some of the detours and Roadblocks that you wouldn't mind see coming back? Argentenian meat eating. Yup. That would be fun.

3.  Ok, we have another amusement Ride.  Do you think Mika could have done this? Um... NO WAY.

4.  Do you think CBS would seriously bring Lena back as a greeter? I doubt it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 08:46:06 PM »
1.  Do we see Lena?
Yes, as a Flashback.

The Ho Chi Mihn Roadblock (with the Rikers and without Flo); The second Thailand detour from TAR 1; the sheep roadblock from TAR 3; the Fournault detour from the Rome leg of TAR 1; the Orangatuang ff from TAR 4.

No.

They've only brought back former Racers once, ever, as a "local," but it's not likely.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 01:34:25 AM »
Now that I've had some more time to think, here are some more tasks that I wouldn't mind seeing again.

The walking with the Tigers Roadblock from TAR 1. (Even if it wasn't much of a task per se, it was still cool)
The Metal Detectors from TAR 2 (With Blake as a special guest to involve you in a scheme.)
Basket Boats from TAR 3 (Not on the elimination station though, tyvm.)
The brutal Ascenders (Make it a general task that both team members have to complete) from TAR 5
The Centrifuge Machine from TAR 8 (Say what you want about the season, that task was cool)

And finally,

The EZ Pass task from TAR 10. :lol3:

DavidJunior

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »
1.  Do we see Lena? I wish

2.  With this Switchback, what are some of the detours and Roadblocks that you wouldn't mind see coming back? You know, that one roadblock from Season 6.  The one with the hay bales.  You know, the one in Sweden... :P

3.  Ok, we have another amusement Ride.  Do you think Mika could have done this?  :funny:

4.  Do you think CBS would seriously bring Lena back as a greeter? Again, I wish

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 08:05:33 AM »
I can think of one other possibility -- that this is the leg where the viewer learns that Maria/Tiffany's 24 hour penalty eliminates them from the Race before the penalty expires.

There is always the chance that at the beginning of tonight's eppie, it shows Phil checking the girls in at the end of the 24 hour penalty mark, making their elimination official.