Author Topic: S19 EP9: "Tastes Like Chicken"  (Read 23327 times)

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: S19 EP9: "Tastes Like Chicken"
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 11:41:21 PM »
WOW!! Loved it!! Good for FOA-FOA!! :hearts:

And don't tell anyone...but ole Russell is growing on me!! :lol:

Haha even though he is arrogant and villianous, you gotta admire his efforts to play and try stay in the game. Thats passion you have to like. :tup:

Yea, he's arrogant but in a funny way. It's not like he was arrogant like Laura was, "Russell is going, no question."

Russell became vulnerable for the first time in the game but in a way, he was still confident as long as the Galu members wouldn't vote for Natalie.

Whether you like him or not, you have to respect the approach he has taken in playing this game from a whole perspective(his strategy, his ability to find idols without clues).

He seems like an a-hole but he has a charm about him at the same time. It's a perfect combination. It's a lot like what we saw with Will from Big Brother.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2009, 12:34:12 AM »
I really really don't know why people are counting out Russell to win this season? Erik's  :yess: and interviews make me think Russ has at least his vote. Kelly might be another story though  :lol:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »
I've got to admit, Russel has grown on me as well. Finding two idols with no clues. I have no doubt he can do it agian. He's setting a new standard. You can bet in any further seasons of Survivor people will be searching for hidden idols before any clues are received.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »
Jeff Probst said in one of his earlier blogs that there would be an underdog that  we would be rooting for and I'll be damned if at the time I would ever imagine that it would be be Russell! I thought maybe he meant Shambo but to me its Russell!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
Well yea, I'm oddly starting to root for Shambo also. Why? Why? I really don't know.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 03:11:14 PM »
Firstly, is it me or was Jeff Probst deliberately emphasizing Natalie's strategy on voting out Erik when he was recap-ing the previous episode? Natalie's strategy... Thanks to Natalie... Hmm, interesting.

Secondly, I JUST LOVE THIS EPISODE. I liked Kelly and it didn't particularly please me that she was gone but WOW, this was indeed one of the best Tribal Councils ever. Looks at Galu especially Dave's SHOCKED expression when Russell presented the HII. Classic, classic, classic! And much as I really hated Russell, gosh, he's one of the smartest players to ever play this game. Finding the HII TWICE and TWICE without clues? THAT is something. But that doesn't mean I'm rooting for him. And it's gonna be way interesting if week after week HE finds the HII and week after week it gets hidden again. Lol.

Bye Kelly. You must have been SO SHOCKED. =(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 05:20:47 PM »
The show spent the 3mins recap telling the viewers how Natalie was the one who orchestrated the blindside against Erik.

Then it spent the next 5mins showing the viewers how Natalie, who looks like a blonde and everything, caught a rat... and even eat it because she's just so hungry.

Fishy fishy business here... probably the editor is letting Natalie grow on us, which probably means she either wins, or goes really, really far.

And i nearly fainted, when the whole of Foa Foa lost another reward again!!

But it was a good lost! It allowed Russell to spend the whole afternoon looking for the idol and alas, he found it! I have a suggestion to the producers, which is to bury the idol at a location and spot, but not to hide it.. because the survivors are on the island 24/7 and come to think of it.. it might be a big island, but how many places are they really allow to go? The places which Russell searched for are really valid and to be frank, if you take about 2 hours to search the entire camp as a tribe.. it is not impossible to find the idol.

As for the immunity, loved it when Russell hooked, gave his evil smile... and LAURA returned with the bag first. Boy, that taught you to be less prideful. I'm skeptical about Russell still. Although he is now the underdog and showing many never seen before stunts to win.. and i normally rooted for the underdog, but i just can't bring myself to love Russell. It's a love/hate situation for me. I am NEVER going to root for Russell to win though. My heart's with Natalie! <3

Loved the Tribal Council, and loved the fact that Erik is so emotional and can't say anything. Maybe he should continue doing that and get many screentime every week. :funny: Can't wait for his jury speech if 3 Galus made the F2/F3!! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »
And definitely not rooting for Shambo either... she's nice and everything. But she definitely doesn't know what she's doing on Survivor. :lol: