Author Topic: S19 EP9: "Tastes Like Chicken"  (Read 23256 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S19 EP9: "Tastes Like Chicken"
« on: November 05, 2009, 10:57:53 AM »
Thursday
November 12
   Survivor: Samoa
Tastes Like Chicken

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S19 EP9: "Tastes Like Chicken"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:06:29 PM »

JP: Next week on Survivor ...
Dave: Russell, Natalie, Mick, Jaison
JP: the old Galu declares open season on Russell
Kelly conf: Russells the most conniving player in the game right now like he needs to go
JP: now hes out of Idols
Laura conf: it was the dumbest move for playing that Idol
JP: low on friends
Jaison: its gotta be Russell
JP: and in the need of luck
Russ conf: this is the first time I'm struggling on what to do

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 10:12:36 PM »
IMO, if Russell didn't act paranoid and use his immunity idol, Erik might have sensed that and used his.  I think Russell is amazing.  Thanks to the spoilers, we know he makes it to F3, so who is going next week?  How are we voting?  Any clues yet?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:39:06 AM »
NEXT TIME ON… SURVIVOR
So where does the game stand now?

It’s an interesting thing that often happens in this game. You lose enough people from your tribe, your numbers get so low that you have absolutely no other choice but to rely on each other and stick together. Foa Foa is at that point. In order to have any shot at actually winning the game, they cannot risk betraying anybody on their tribe. This gives them four votes in the new tribe. That is significant because as we saw last night – within Galu there are lots of possible sub alliances and cracks to be exploited.

Give me your predictions. Will Galu regroup and get rid of Foa Foa? If so, what order do you predict Foa Foa will be voted out?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/06/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-samoa-episode-8/

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:17:46 AM »
I think Laura will go home 6-5 with John and Shambo flipping
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 05:47:27 AM »
The guys could be gunning for Russell, but he's safe guys.

I believe Laura might be next, with Foa Foa (Yes.. Jaison too) + John and Shambo.

BUT, it could also be that Russell wins immunity and Jaison goes home. But i believe it's Laura because then it makes sense for Shambo to go far in the game if she flipped over to join the Foa Foa alliance... :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »
    A PLAN IS SET IN MOTION THAT LEADS TO ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE TRIBAL COUNCILS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY, ON "SURVIVOR: SAMOA" THURSDAY, NOV. 12

"Tastes Like Chicken" — Motivated by extreme hunger, an unexpected castaway kills a rat in an effort to provide for her tribe, on SURVIVOR: SAMOA, Thursday, Nov. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
    A PLAN IS SET IN MOTION THAT LEADS TO ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE TRIBAL COUNCILS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY, ON "SURVIVOR: SAMOA" THURSDAY, NOV. 12

"Tastes Like Chicken" — Motivated by extreme hunger, an unexpected castaway kills a rat in an effort to provide for her tribe, on SURVIVOR: SAMOA, Thursday, Nov. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

I'm betting my entire money on Shambo. Unless Natalie is really really smart to win the hearts of her tribemates to do this. I can't foresee Kelly/Monica/Laura doing this.

And, the most memorable TC? Wasn't last week good enough?!?! If it's memorable, then i guess it's really close and someone from Galu goes. Must be yet another blindside.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 09:43:10 AM »
I will have to say how my gut feels and say it'll either be Laura or Dave. We know why Laura, but my gut tells me Dave because he would seem to fit the second Juror, challenge-threat role. And if this season will indeed turn into Survivor Tocantins, with Erik suitably as Brendan, Dave could be this season's Tyson.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 11:41:53 AM »
Hmm... One of the most memorable Tribal Councils? Sounds good, but what could be memorable, I wonder. Perhaps it's a Laura-blindside and they'd call that huge since Laura's kinda running things at Galu and to blindside a leader role would be huge even if it isn't huge to us. Or maybe, it's a John-blindside, seeing that he's another cocky and arrogant one. Anyhow, I can't wait for the next episode!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 11:44:07 AM »
It is tickling me that you all are posting in the spoilers without having read the spoilers.

IF you want to know more, then DanieuBleau at Survivor Skills has done an excellent job of compiling the missyae spoilers, which have been spot on so far. Use caution if you don't want to know!!!!

http://www.survivorskills.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=96;t=6894;st=0

If you want to speculate unspoiled, you can also try over here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21041.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 12:19:37 PM »
^^ but there are no spoilers who goes next peach .. not yet anyway.

TDT
BOOT: Laura? Monica? Jaison?

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/index.htm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »
thanks to Survivor Phoenix

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:21:13 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 04:17:56 PM »
From CBS

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »
^^ but there are no spoilers who goes next peach .. not yet anyway.

TDT
BOOT: Laura? Monica? Jaison?

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/index.htm

TDT also thinks that Jaison, Monica, and John are simply "jury", Brett and Dave as "mid-late jury?" and Kelly, Shambo, and Laura as "late jury?" with Russell, Mick, and Natalie as final 3.

I personally hope it's Jaison as he's a whiny baby, but I'd be ok with Monica going too...

TDT has updated their BOOT choices to just Laura and Monica and said Jaison's "safe for a while".

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
I agree, Jaison getting voted off would not make for the hyped up TC.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
I agree, Jaison getting voted off would not make for the hyped up TC.

Agreed. If this is really going to be "one of the most memorable tribal council ever" I'd say it would be Laura going home as she is kind of the unoffical "I'm running things" leader of Galu and her oust would come as a surprise. Plus Jeff said during (what looked like) the IC "It's a race between Russell and Laura!" (or something like that) so they might consider her a physical threat.

Maybe it'll be a 6-5 vote with John and Shambo flipping being the "memorable" part. I hope not, since last week's TC was one of the best recently and I don't like having things hyped up just to fall short.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 10:50:13 AM »
FWIW, when Jeff says, "Laura" "Russell" "It's a race," that sounds really edited to me.

But my guess would be that Russell wins immunity, and I'm guessing no male/female double immunity this week?

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »
There's a possibility that Monica gets the boot. It wouldn't be THAT surprising if Laura gets booted, since they've already been gunning for her since the previous episode, but she won Immunity. But then again, what makes the TC memorable might not be the boot, but the process leading to the boot. So we never know.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 06:12:46 PM »
There's a possibility that Monica gets the boot. It wouldn't be THAT surprising if Laura gets booted, since they've already been gunning for her since the previous episode, but she won Immunity. But then again, what makes the TC memorable might not be the boot, but the process leading to the boot. So we never know.

It does say "a plan is set in motion that leads to one of the most memorable tribal council in Survivor history" which makes me think that the tribal council is more exciting.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »
TDT

REWARD CHALLENGE: Kelly, ? go on sliding rocks reward

A bunch of people run around, swim, break things, and/or untie things, with the eventual goal of doing puzzles, all while enduring Jeff Probst's constant bellowing. Then somebody wins something.

No idea what the challenge is yet, but from the post-Ep8 preview and the web promo, we think Kelly gets to go on the reward, and from the waterfall visible in the background (and her swimsuit), we think the reward may be a trip to Papase'ea Sliding Rock, a river with a small waterfall you can slide down. Not clear if Kelly herself wins, or if the person(s) she's with do, though.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: Grappling hooks? - ? wins?

The contestants face off in a battle for the blessings of the all-powerful necklace. Not sure yet if this is the challenge in which they do so, but it's all we have to go on so far.

This looks like a direct repeat of a challenge last seen as "Snag, Drag & Bag" in S18: Tocantins, which was used as the Ep10 IC. In that challenge, the contestants used grappling hooks to collect three bags. The first three to do so then proceeded to the next stage, where they moved a ball through a tilting table maze (leading to Coach's "Dragon Slayer!" challenge win). Since they've already used the second half in the ill-fated challenge in which Russell Swan collapsed, it seems unlikely they'd use it again here.
    So far from the promos, there's no evidence of a second stage (or for that matter, a necklace). It looked to us like Russell might be in a different position in the shot with the purple flag behind him, but with more shots (the one with Laura and Natalie), it looks like it's all at the same time. Although in the NFL ad's audio, Probst yells "Laura... Russell.. it's a race!"

BOOT: Laura?

One would think that the prior week's targets (Monica, Jaison, Laura) would remain as such this week.

To boot another Galu member, the Foa Foas need Shambo (who remained outside on the Erik vote) plus one other person. Laura and Monica made clear they weren't falling for Russell's hidden idol schtick in Ep8, but John potentially remains in allied with Russell, at least on the surface. So a Galu could go, and while John would probably prefer that person to be Monica, Russell might suggest "90%" Laura (a choice that would easily attract Shambo's vote).

Update: Further evidence for Laura being this week's boot:
- The "Russell was stupid to play his idol" clip featured in the post-Ep8 preview seems likely to be from right after (the previous) tribal council, and as such, may be the opening scene of Ep9. That never works out well for the lucky victim, which would be Laura here.
- Also, as noted at Blows (by SquidProQuo and Corvis), Probst included this passage in the original version of his EW blog for Ep8: "Erik could not have been cockier. He was absolutely certain the outcome was set. He never-saw-it-coming. Neither did Laura, nor most anybody else on the former Galu." Shortly thereafter, the Laura line was removed (current version here). Although to be fair, it's unclear if it was removed for spoiler reasons, or because it simply made no sense. Maybe he'll blame it on Zyrtec again.
- Finally, Laura has had public viewing parties in Salem for at least the past two episodes, but has announced none for this week's one (as far as we know). Pretty flimsy evidence, but slightly better than none at all.

If not, the default Foa Foa boot would appear to be Jaison, although from the post-Ep8 preview, it looks like Russell is the decoy boot, so having it really be a different Foa Foa would be a bit odd. Plus the Foas need their numbers, and there are still plenty of Galu cracks to explot.
Update: never mind, Jaison's safe for a while.

http://www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/index.htm

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »
I think 2 people need to go at one TC somewhere along the line! What about tonight making for a great TC! Think about it:

11 People Left, One Goes - Day 24
10 People Left, One Goes - Day 27
9 People Left, One Goes - Day 30
8 People Left, One Goes - Day 33
7 People Left, One Goes - Day 36
6 People Left, One Goes - Day 37
5 People Left, One Goes - Day 38
4 People Left, One Goes - Day 39
FINAL 3 - Day 40

Doesn't work unless two leave at one Tribal Council then it works perfectly. Get my drift?!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 03:08:00 PM »
Kiwi I don't understand your thinking?

11/12/09 (Th.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1909) Tastes Like Chicken          from 11 to 10
11/19/09 (Th.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1910) Day of Reckoning, The       from10 to 9
11/26/09 (Th.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1911) N/A                                     from 9 to 8
12/3/09 (Th.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1912) (Projected Date)                  from 8 to 7 << not a recap
12/10/09 (Th.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1913) (Projected Date)                 from 7 to 6
12/17/09 (Th.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1914) (Projected Date)                 from 6 to 5

12/20/09 (Su.) 10:00 PM CBS (Projected Date)                               final 5
12/20/09 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1915-120) (Projected Date)            final 3

CBS finally put some press pictures up, I'll just link to MayanSun's SurvivorFever's as posted at sucks .....

http://www.survivorsucks.com/sreply/5318275/t/S19E09-Tastes-Like-Chicken.html

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 06:46:12 PM »
Re-read please. To make it 39 days and not 40 we need a double elimination because obviously noone else quits or is medevaced right! So there will most probably be a double elimination soon