Author Topic: New Amazing Race and Survivor Video games to be released! TAR Wii is here!  (Read 42373 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Pulling this from the TAR 16 start thread:

Details from the release:

The Amazing Race (Ludia Inc.)
Get ready for around-the-world competition with the video game based on the eight-time Emmy® award-winning television series The Amazing Race where team players split up in pairs for a remarkable journey across exotic locations in a race against time. Players will face frantic challenges and tasks as they navigate through detours, roadblocks and other unpredictable game elements from the show. Working together strategically throughout the game is essential as each team tries to discover hidden clues that are crucial to getting them to the Pit Stop first -- and one step closer to ultimate victory at the check-in mat. This video game will be launched throughout North America across multiple platforms in tandem with the show's 16th season.

Survivor (Mindscape)
This game is perfect for any fan of the show Survivor. Players will be able to live like the contestants on Survivor. With challenges such as fishing, collecting food and participating in Immunity challenges, players will compete to outwit, outlast and outplay in order to be crowned the ultimate sole Survivor. Available on Wii  Nintendo DS platforms.  

source: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/11/survivor-race-criminal-minds-becoming-video-games.html

So...what do you all think?

Do you buy things like this?  Have any interest? Think it will be any good?  Know the company?  How long before it reaches overseas?

I'm curious....   ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:00:04 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: New Amazing Race and Survivor Video games to be released! TAR Wii is here!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
 :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:38:15 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »
 :colors

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 10:43:59 PM »
I don't think they'll be any good, unfortunately.

I'll be buying them anyway.

On a side note: Does anybody have the Survivor: Australian Outback PC game? I do.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ubisoft Announces The Amazing Race for the Nintendo Wii

Justin Lee On August 17, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Ubisoft sends word that they are developing a new video game based on reality television show The Amazing Race. Of course, the game will feature the host Phil Keoghan and will be released in North America on October 26th 2010. Ubisoft sent along some screenshots of the game for you to check out.

Today Ubisoft and Ludia Inc., under a license from CBS Consumer Products, announced an all-new video game based on the smash reality television show The Amazing Race for the Nintendo Wii™. Now players can participate in one of the most exciting reality games ever and compete against friends to win the ultimate challenge.

Pretty pics and more here:

http://www.gametactics.com/2010/08/ubisoft-announces-the-amazing-race-for-the-nintendo-wii/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The developer's page here. The McCords might make an appearance:
Play against familiar duos like The Goths, The Cowboys, the Students and more

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member
I have a Wii so I'm looking forward to buying the game! I'm excited  :wohoo:

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
i may have to get a wii for this. are there news for a pc version?

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member
Well, my excitment kinda went away because I found out that Wii games are not region free. I will only be able to play if they release the game in Europe and I doubt it will happen   :(

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
For the record, this has been in the works for a long time. i have tried to  contact Ludia via email with no success and I couln't even get them to answer there phone. I'm hopeful for a good product, but skeptical.

And to top it off i have an Xbox 360, not a WII.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
LOL, hopefully this is not an evil plot to disguise another of those "random minigames" video games Nintendo has been releasing for a while now.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :hearts: :hearts: pictures looking good actually....can't wait  :jumpy:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
GAME INFO

Race around the world and experience the thrill of the hit reality series with The Amazing Race video game! Grab your clue, choose your transportation, and make your way to the pit stop! Just like in the TV show you’ll overcome Detours, Road Blocks, Fast Forwards, Intersections and more as you make your way through exotic locations all across the globe! And don’t forget to watch out for unexpected obstacles that could slow you down.

Meet Phil Keoghan at every pit stop as he reads your clues, introduces challenges and gives you prizes. Will you beat your competition in the race to the mat or experience what it feels like to hear him say "I'm sorry, your team is the last to arrive"? Find out as you experience all the excitement the show has to offer wrapped up in hours of fun!

Features:
- 2-player cooperative races or 4-player competitive matches
- 16 different types of mini-games
- Short, medium and long races
- 84 unique locations, 28 cities and 5 continents
- Unlock highlights from the TV show as reward for progress in the game
- Play against familiar duos like The Goths, The Cowboys, the Students and more - Travel facts and photos from around the world
- Luck of the Race – random events, like flat tires and shortcuts, give teams an extra boost or obstacle!

Out of curiosity, who are the Students? Tammy & Victor? :lol:

Something tells me they won't feature Anthony & Stephanie, though. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
I think the students are supposed to be Heave, aka Heather and Eve. If so that will be so random and hilarious.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think the students are supposed to be Heave, aka Heather and Eve. If so that will be so random and hilarious.

And who are they again?

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member

And who are they again?

I only remember them because they were eliminated in my country loool

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?

And who are they again?

The law babes that managed to overthink "Walk to the Pit Stop"

They saw their error while in a cab, and decided that the walk part meant they had to walk while at the actual location of the Pit Stop (ie- No running)

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
Out of curiosity, who are the Students? Tammy & Victor?

Andrew & Dan maybe? :duno:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
LOL, hopefully this is not an evil plot to disguise another of those "random minigames" video games Nintendo has been releasing for a while now.
Yep, and don't hope for online capabilities anyone. :P

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »
The Amazing Race Video game for Nintendo Wii HITS STORES NATIONWIDE on Tuesday November 2nd!!

Race around the world and experience the thrill of the hit reality series with The Amazing Race video game! Grab your clue, choose your transportation, and make your way to the pit stop! Just like in the TV show you’ll overcome Detours, Road Blocks, Fast Forwards, Intersections and more as you make your way through exotic locations all across the globe! And don’t forget to watch out for unexpected obstacles that could slow you down.

Meet Phil Keoghan at every pit stop as he reads your clues, introduces challenges and gives you prizes. Will you beat your competition in the race to the mat or experience what it feels like to hear him say “I’m sorry, your team is the last to arrive”? Find out as you experience all the excitement the show has to offer wrapped up in hours of fun!

KEY FEATURES:

• 2-player cooperative races or 4-player competitive matches
• 16 different types of mini-games
• Short, medium and long races
• 84 unique locations, 28 cities and 5 continents
• Unlock highlights from the TV show as reward for progress in the game
• Play against familiar duos like The Goths, The Cowboys, the Students and more
• Travel facts and photos from around the world
• Luck of the Race – random events, like flat tires and shortcuts, give teams an extra boost or obstacle!

You can Pre-Order the game directly from UBISOFT at:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.210932800/The_Amazing_Race.html

About The Amazing Race:
The Amazing Race has been a smash reality television game show hit since 2001, earning eight Primetime Emmy awards including all seven Outstanding Reality-Competition Program awards.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:26:07 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
Thanks for the pic and link, georgiapeach.  I didn't follow this thread until today.

I noticed that the tiny picture of the cover, in the pre-order link that you posted, was different, so I found a bigger version:

It'll be interesting to see who makes the final cover.  

Jaime & Cara, Mark & Michael, and Jet & Cord look to be set.

If your pic is newer, it looks like Herbert & Nathaniel, Kisha & Jen, Margie & Luke, and Kynt & Vyxsin got replaced by Tammy & Victor, Meghan & Cheyne, Monique & Shawne, and Brian & Ericka.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:11:51 PM by slayton »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 10:56:07 PM »
I couldn't enlarge the little one very well, so used an older one!! Yours is newer! May I borrow yours please?? :flirt:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »
I just grabbed the cover from some on-line retailer.  Feel free to use it, georgiapeach.

Please keep the old one up too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 11:21:24 PM »
I actually had it and didn't even realize.  :-[

RFF's Golden Rule: