Author Topic: First Season of TAR?  (Read 12912 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: First Season of TAR?
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 03:20:53 PM »
The first soilers I saw were the Season 10 ones. Anyone here remember the Mauritius beach spoiler video? I was lurking around that time.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 05:59:32 AM »
The first soilers I saw were the Season 10 ones. Anyone here remember the Mauritius beach spoiler video? I was lurking around that time.

It was the same for me too! That was one of my first RFF spoilers! But the main ones i remembered were Freddy and Kendra, Uchenna and Joyce and Linz Family deemed to have won because of the betting spoiler, then for Allstars.. i remembered TAR 10 just ended and i was seriously pissed that Tyler and James won and Lyns didn't win... when i found out that my top 2 all-time favourite teams were in allstars and spotted in the final 5 in Malaysia. (Uchenna and Joyce, Oswald and Danny)

:funny: Those were the times.... :funny:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 06:11:45 AM »

It was the same for me too! That was one of my first RFF spoilers! But the main ones i remembered were Freddy and Kendra, Uchenna and Joyce and Linz Family deemed to have won because of the betting spoiler, then for Allstars.. i remembered TAR 10 just ended and i was seriously pissed that Tyler and James won and Lyns didn't win... when i found out that my top 2 all-time favourite teams were in allstars and spotted in the final 5 in Malaysia. (Uchenna and Joyce, Oswald and Danny)

Funny how I could replace 'Uchenna and Joyce' with 'Charla and Mirna' and it'd apply for me. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 08:40:18 AM »
Finale leg of Season 8. But the first full season was TAR9.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 10:46:17 AM »
First episode - Season 6 (the Sri Lanka episode)
First full season that I watched on CBS - Season 7

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
i remembered TAR 10 just ended and i was seriously pissed that Tyler and James won and Lyns didn't win...

I have lost all respect for you.  Lynn and Karlynn they ran a terrible race...

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »
I actually got hooked to TAR after watching TARA 1. I didn't use to watch AXN that much and only flicked through it so TAR never caught my eye. But as TARA was so heavily advertised I noticed it but I didn't watch it until I heard 2 of my friends talking about (and also my sister who stays in the US once mentioned about TAR), so I decided to watch it. And after watching Leg 7 of TARA1, I just got addicted, caught up with the whole season when they showed the marathon and never missed a single episode yet! One of the reasons I liked TARA1 so much was because Zabrina & JoeJer won, I was on such a high after the TARA1 finale :funny:

Then I caught a TAR10 marathon (after the whole season had aired) so that's the first season of TAR I watched. But later on I also watched re-runs of TAR9 and TAR All-Stars was the season I watched the first airings of.

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »
I dont even remember advertising for Season 1.
Season 2 i was bored so i was channel surfing and i saw teams riding down the Sand Dunes in Namibia so that caught my interest. Yet; i forgot about the show till the "Aussie Slang" Roadblock in Sydney; and from there....i've been hooked.
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »
I started watching Season 10 after watching Treasure Hunters (my flatmate at the time always laughed at the way Laird spoke, and his nose), being in the UK and not having satellite meant not really seeing much of it, but kept seeing people mention it on various chat rooms and torrent sites so started with season 10, got hooked proceeded to get access to seasons 1-9 and sat watching them all one after another (sometimes staying up all night to watch a season!), have stuck with it since although kinda lost it last season.

My fave season would have to be 3 mainly due to my home town being the end of episode 3 start of episode 4 (my friend actually did some static camera work on that season, but only told me he had worked for Jerry Bruckhiemer). I enjoyed season 8 probably because i'm not from the US and found it interesting to see the different places they were going.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »
Amazing race 5

Offline valor boreal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • OS Race Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 09:24:14 AM »
bump

The first episode I saw was in season 3, when they had to put the bikes together in Switzerland.  The second episode I saw (on PayTV) was from season 1 with Paul and Amie getting lost in the desert.

The first full season I watched (more or less) was season 5.

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 02:53:04 AM »
I think the first season I've watched was season 4. I forgot the first episode that I watched though

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 09:59:24 AM »
A Sony Channel here in Spain showed from season 2 to season 6, and I started watching it when the F5 in TAR 3 was shown. Therefore, my first entire season of TAR was TAR 4, which I loved.

I'm now willing to watch TAR1 and 2, and the first half of TAR3, but I don't know if schoolwork lets me,  :lol3: