The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Unfair playing field

(1/3) > >>

tet:
The latest episode of Amazing Race 15  in Amsterdam provided a challenge most women are physically incapable of completing:ringing the carney bell and/or shoe golf in less that 8 strokes. So the only team without a man, loses. Why not have the next challenge giving birth, that should eliminate all the double men teams. It's not a fair playing field.  :(

River:
I think you are partially right tet, although Tiffany was very close with the bell, and they almost were able to do the golf, I think however that a good amount of women would be able to do the tasks, I just think M/T were too tired by the time they had gotten to the detour.

mswood:
I think almost any female team in the shows history could have done one or the other.  Its just the ladies didn't have the technique to do so.

It reminds me of the rowing task in season 10 in Vietnam and everyone (racers including) talking about how tough or impossible the task was.  Yet we see 60 plus year old women who are native to the area having absolutely no problem with it.  But they knew how to row properly.  Something most of the racers (including the majority of the men) didn't.

Jobby:
What i don't understand is, why do they friggin' need to have a bell thingy before the dance detour? It was completely pointless and resulted in the girl's elimination.

theschnauzers:
I get the impression that ir made the detour choices pretty near to even in difficuley.  But I also expect Tiffany and Maria to stick with the golf once they started. Given that Meghan said she had never played folf and managed to get through it, I figured Tiffany and Maria should have been able to as well.

It wasn't much different that the lawn game croquet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version