Author Topic: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)  (Read 112053 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2009, 10:00:39 AM »
What do you think about having a TBC in this season? Some people said something about it, but I really think that, maybe, there can be a TBC in Vienna, as last season. The TBC didn't require teams to leave the city where they were, and maybe the same happens this season, making this Tallin's leg a EL, and the last NEL (that would be in Vienna) as a TBC. Maybe this makes sense to some of you?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »
I think Vienna will be an NEL of some sort because in recent history they have done it that way.

Season 14- Beijing
Season 13- India (Can't remember the city, but they stayed there)
Season 12- Japan

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2009, 10:17:57 AM »
DavidMV,
Are you certain you havn't mistaken Vienna for the actual city for Episodes 10 adn 11? CBS has confirmed Prague with their Map and RFF has known it to be Prague for months.

I do agree with you major point that it would be ideal for a TBC. I love TBCs compared to NELs. I hope that the renewed trend staretd by AR14 of having one TBC in a season continues.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
To me, it looks like Flight Time trips, grabs Dan because he's the closest thing, and falls. I mean...

He walks off the path and as a result, trips and falls.

And for the "second fall", what type of person tackles sideways? So... it really seems more like a trip to me...

Guess we will have to watch and learn...  ;D

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
DavidMV,
Are you certain you havn't mistaken Vienna for the actual city for Episodes 10 adn 11? CBS has confirmed Prague with their Map and RFF has known it to be Prague for months.

I do agree with you major point that it would be ideal for a TBC. I love TBCs compared to NELs. I hope that the renewed trend staretd by AR14 of having one TBC in a season continues.

Sorry, just made a mistake. You're right, it's gotta be Prague!

PS: These two capital city are so near between them that I get congused sonetimes. Sorry.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »
David, I believe there will be NO TBC's this time. :angel
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »
David, I believe there will be NO TBC's this time. :angel

Remember we're just speculating, :funny:  We should still take into account every single possibility.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2009, 10:54:21 AM »

Matt/Gary are not seen at the ferry. Is that because they had already gone thru before primefun arrived?? Or did they come through after he left to go chase the teams. That could be the difference between first and last at that point. Have asked primefun which he thinks is more likely, hope to hear.

I thought they were seen on the ferry? I definitely remember seeing Cheyne/Megan and Brian/Ericka on the ferry, I could've sworn the pictures were of Matt and Gary getting interviewed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2009, 10:57:43 AM »

Matt/Gary are not seen at the ferry. Is that because they had already gone thru before primefun arrived?? Or did they come through after he left to go chase the teams. That could be the difference between first and last at that point. Have asked primefun which he thinks is more likely, hope to hear.

I thought they were seen on the ferry? I definitely remember seeing Cheyne/Megan and Brian/Ericka on the ferry, I could've sworn the pictures were of Matt and Gary getting interviewed.

Yes they were on the ferry.

But they are not seen getting OFF the ferry in primefun's videos...that's what i mean.

Hang on...incoming!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2009, 10:59:07 AM »
Okay, I know I am puzzling this half to death but I really want to make all our pieces fit. I asked primefun what he thought about Gary and Matt at the ferry...could they have been first off? Was he there in time to see them? Could they have been last off, and hence missed??

I also really think that there is a good possibility G/M finish the RB in first place, before heading off to do the Speedbump.

So I sent my list of Q's off to primefun, and here is what he kindly replied.

- I was waiting at the ferry like an half an hour before the teams finally arrived, so i was there like 9:30 a.m. just standing there and waiting, was plotting to leave my car somewhere near to give them a ride if needed which made me nervous cause my car was parked in an illegal spot lol. So i was there nothing was happeneing and then suddenly BOOM! all these teams and cameramen ran out, it all happened so fast that i personally cannot remember any details, I was so busy filming it and all of this is in the first video... so like i said it all happened very fast and i think it is highly likely that i might have missed a team although i did get my camera out asap but there is a great chance one team could have ran also into the other side of the taxi stand, if you look at my first video at 13 seconds you can see there is some running/commotion goin on at the other side of the taxi stand too.

- So i basically left right after shooting the first video but this obviously gave the teams a head start as compared to me plus at the old town you cannot park everywhere thus i was struggling finding a parking spot upon arriving in pikk street, i think thanks to this i lost another couple of minutes, so it is hard to tell if i was there before the teams but i would think i was the last to arrive. Upon arrival next to the House of the blackheads i saw gary and matt and no other team (i think this might have been around 10:15 a.m.) and started following them into wrong direction, then ran back and saw ericka/brian and cheyne/meghan and took the 3rd video. So all together it is difficult to say what was going on as some teams might had arrived while i was following gary/matt (for only like a minute) or the other teams might have been inside the house of the blackheads.

I would think that gary and matt had already completed the task in the house of the blackheads upon my arrival but it is bizarre why they ran into the wrong direction as all other teams went to Toompea. As for placing gary and matt i would think they might have been in the first place.

So my take on all this is that G/M must finish the RB in the lead, or at least ahead of B/E, M/C, and S/D.  

What happens next?? No idea.  But I tend to think G/M may be safe this week.

Feel free to convince me otherwise, we have 8 hours to speculate!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2009, 12:34:17 PM »
Peach, my gut tends to agree with you that G/M may be safe this week.  But that darn S/D confessional keeps replaying in my mind.  That makes it sound like the Trotters are in and G/M are out. 
But if it was edited/spliced together in anyway, which is possible since we don't actually see them the entire time they are talking.  The GT remark could be an old remark.  Also, the athletic remark could be said about M/C, and since G/M are an all male team, they could have been talking about them, with the GT part added from another time.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »
I think Vienna will be an NEL of some sort because in recent history they have done it that way.

Season 14- Beijing
Season 13- India (Can't remember the city, but they stayed there)
Season 12- Japan

Japan had only one leg. India was in New Delhi, then Old Delhi. However, it was merely two legs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »
Peach, my gut tends to agree with you that G/M may be safe this week.  But that darn S/D confessional keeps replaying in my mind.  That makes it sound like the Trotters are in and G/M are out. 
But if it was edited/spliced together in anyway, which is possible since we don't actually see them the entire time they are talking.  The GT remark could be an old remark.  Also, the athletic remark could be said about M/C, and since G/M are an all male team, they could have been talking about them, with the GT part added from another time.

All I know is that I think G/M were leading after the RB...what happens next could propel them into first, last, or somewhere in between.

This will be a great episode to watch!! Lots of questions...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »
What do you think about having a TBC in this season? Some people said something about it, but I really think that, maybe, there can be a TBC in Vienna, as last season. The TBC didn't require teams to leave the city where they were, and maybe the same happens this season, making this Tallin's leg a EL, and the last NEL (that would be in Vienna) as a TBC. Maybe this makes sense to some of you?

At the beginning of TAR 14, Phil said there would be "a number of legs," and the map had 12 legs on it. This allowed for the TBC in China, which I believe they intended to have as a surprise for viewers. But in this season he said there would be "12 legs", and the map only has 12 legs on it, thus I don't believe there will be a TBC in this season. But I wouldn't be surprised if it happens anyway. It doesn't seem like they value being honest anymore. :groan:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »
I speculate that Gary & Matt may have to do the Speed Bump before the Roadblock, and then they struggle at the Roadblock. I don't know if they would have had time to complete the Roadblock that fast and yet still have struggled at it. But it could just be a minor problem edited to look like they are doomed. It's hard to know. :duno:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2009, 05:25:18 PM »
 Could you refresh my memory Hooky? When and where the speedbump appeared in past seasons?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »
Could you refresh my memory Hooky? When and where the speedbump appeared in past seasons?

Like on which part of each leg? Hmm...

List of Previous Speed Bump Route Marker Locations, By Season:

Note that this is where the ROUTE MARKER appeared, not necessarily the actual task.

Season 12:
Leg 8: At the Detour cluebox (Chauhan Alteration Tailors)
Leg 10: At the Roadblock cluebox (Acrobatics Jeep)

Season 13:
Leg 7: At the Detour cluebox (Charity Birds Hospital)
Leg 10: At the Detour cluebox (Sokolniki Park)

Season 14:
Leg 6: At the Detour cluebox (Johari Bazar Road – Ramniwas Ramgopal Puppet Store)
Leg 9: At a Route Info cluebox (Hair Salon)

Season 15:
Leg 2: At a Route Info cluebox (Bến Tàu Du Lịch Dock)
Leg 9: My guess is right before the Roadblock

Is that what you wanted? ???
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:00:15 PM by Hooky »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »

They usually appear mid-leg.

TAR 12 Mumbai leg (8): Right before the detour/u-turn.
TAR 12 Taiwan leg (10): Right after the roadblock.
TAR 13 India leg 2 (7): Right before the detour.
TAR 13 Moscow leg 2 (10): Right before the detour.
TAR 14 Jaipur leg (6): Right before the detour. (India has quite a few speedbumps!)
TAR 14 Guilin leg (9): Right before the roadblock.
TAR 15 Cai Be leg (2): Right at the start.
TAR 15 Tallinn leg (9): I predict it's between the roadblock and the detour.

EDIT: was beat to it  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2009, 05:45:44 PM »
gotcha Hooky, how could I forget this!?

This leg's Detour required teams to choose between Paste 'Em or Thread 'Em. In Paste 'Em, teams made their way to a marked underpass in Tulsi Pipe Road of Dadar West Bridge and used the provided supplies to properly paste a 6-panel Bollywood movie poster onto the wall. When the advertisement was complete, they would receive their next clue. In Thread 'Em, teams made their way to Dadar Flower Market and found a marked flower stall called Shyam Pandurang Bhagat where they had to create a traditional wedding garland by threading 108 flowers in an alternating pattern (red, orange, yellow). When the judge agreed that the garland had been properly made, teams needed to deliver it to a nearby bridegroom and exchange it for their next clue. In this Roadblock, one team member had to load a bicycle cart with six tanks of propane gas, pedal to the two addresses listed on their order slips, deliver three tanks to each address, and then take a receipt from the homeowner's door as proof of delivery. Once their deliveries were complete, they had to hand the foreman their two order slips and two receipts to receive their next clue. The Speed Bump task requires Kynt & Vyxsin to find the Yoga Master and successfully perform a series of Yoga poses before being allowed to continue the race and do the Detour.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »

They usually appear mid-leg.

TAR 12 Mumbai leg (8): Right before the detour/u-turn.
TAR 12 Taiwan leg (10): Right after the roadblock.
TAR 13 India leg 2 (7): Right before the detour.
TAR 13 Moscow leg 2 (10): Right before the detour.
TAR 14 Jaipur leg (6): Right before the detour. (India has quite a few speedbumps!)
TAR 14 Guilin leg (9): Right before the roadblock.
TAR 15 Cai Be leg (2): Right at the start.
TAR 15 Tallinn leg (9): I predict it's between the roadblock and the detour.

EDIT: was beat to it  (:;)
Maybe the producers won't be up for it, but in TARLA the first two speed bumps to appear happened at the beginning of the leg and right before the Pit Stop, respectively. Estonia could be the former? Though, I'd guess it would be right after the Roadblock.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2009, 08:24:05 PM »
Does anyone think Brian's choice of Halloween Costumes is a big spoiler on who would have won?

I would ask in that thread but it isn't a spoiler thread.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2009, 08:25:42 PM »
I think I might have missed it, but who said the title?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
I missed it too.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
I think I might have missed it, but who said the title?

Brian said it right after the detour.  Almost at the end of the episode.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
Does anyone think Brian's choice of Halloween Costumes is a big spoiler on who would have won?

I would ask in that thread but it isn't a spoiler thread.

Hmmmmm... Maybe Brian beat them??  :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....