Author Topic: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)  (Read 112052 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2009, 01:20:46 PM »
try try again, the episode 8 confessional

Original Video - More videos at [banned image hosting site]

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2009, 01:57:01 PM »
I do believe, and smell a penalty coming for FT/BE.. it seems as though they really did push Sam or Dan down. It was pretty foul play. Just replay the video a few more times and you'll realise that Sam/Dan was in first.. but FT or BE caught up and sort of grabbed/pushed them??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »
What if Flight Time says that Dan shoved him first justifying his actions? We do see FT go down first then he comes back to tackle Dan. I'm telling you I expect a slow motion replay at the pitstop  :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2009, 04:33:04 PM »
I hosted it quick on photobucket, thats why it so sucks peach. I'll make a better one later. I assume its the pitstop in Estonia as thats what Sam and Dan are wearing plus there is that confessional with the Globetrotters in the web promo at the same location stating they were not going to let, the brothers I assume, take that cab away from them or something. I'm uploading a sports promo so can't check at the moment what exactly the Globetrotters said but the video is up a few pages back
And Hooky ,,,,,, the Brothers MUST know if the Globetrotters are still in the race or not seeing as they clash on the way to the pitstop.

No, no, no. I meant that when they say the Globetrotters are the only other male team, that does not mean that Gary & Matt are not still in the race. Plus, sometimes the teams give retrospective confessionals in order to keep them from spoiling the outcome. So the Globies could still be eliminated on this episode, and the producers just had Sam & Dan give that confessional segment to keep from spoiling the outcome.

But I do think that Gary & Matt will be eliminated this time. :'(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »
But here's the thing that actually doesn't make sense. Gary and Matt ARE an all male team, (unless we don't know something that they do...)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2009, 06:48:23 PM »
But here's the thing that actually doesn't make sense. Gary and Matt ARE an all male team, (unless we don't know something that they do...)
I would think that with "the other all-male team" Sam & Dan were just referring to another possible threat.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »
I would think that with "the other all-male team" Sam & Dan were just referring to another possible threat.

First..thank you for the video puddin!! :hearts:

Next...does anyone else think that is EDITED? There is a definite jump..a pause...between the words "They are the other"....and......"all male team". I know enough to know that the racer's words are often used out of context and edited to fit what TPTB need. Soundbites are frequently edited to fit the need.

With that kind of gap...the original line could have been something like "They are the other fit, athletic all male team".... see how editing makes a difference?  We could be getting some classic misdirection here.

I am totally not saying that the Gary/Matt are not the ones who go, but I find I am reluctant to base that on this confessional alone.

I also have that nagging feeling about the sighting in Prague.... G/M could have been decoys...but if so should NOT have been with M/C, are not usually at the PitStop at all, and it would be very unusual for a source to invent a pink-haired team.

My feeling is that we honestly don't know for sure who goes this time, between G/M and the Trotters.  But a footrace to the MAT for last place would be amazingly tense..and a little heartbreaking too. And might explain the altercation, whether intended or accidental.

Just thinking out loud!

But boy...makes a big difference in placements if we think Dan/Sam and the Trotters are fighting it out for second place, as compared to last!  :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2009, 08:40:39 PM »

I also have that nagging feeling about the sighting in Prague.... G/M could have been decoys...but if so should NOT have been with M/C, are not usually at the PitStop at all, and it would be very unusual for a source to invent a pink-haired team.

Someone went through a lot of trouble to fabricate the Masada supposed spoiler as well as the Mauritius fake spoiler.

Meghan and Cheyne are seen working together to get to the roadblock
Gary and Matt have a speedbump .. somewhere and then the detour
It appears Cheyne and Meghan arrive first at the mudpit
from the eyewitness Brian/Ericka The Trotters and the Brothers arrive together at the detour, share the same cab ..and they all arrived earlier than anticipated, hours early.
We don't know the other detour and if Brian and Ericka choose that? They could be first to the pitstop too?
I think I see a team or teams being filmed behind Sam and Dan, assuming here that they have completed the detour and are on their way to the pitstop with the Trotters in tow.
We lose Matt and Gary after their street scene in Tallin looking for a taxi probably. Not seen at the detour but doesn't mean they aren't there.
And come on, wouldn' the male teams have an edge in the volleyball pit? My take is the way they are running they are racing for first place.

just my 2 cents which could be completly off but its what I think and Gary and Matt, sadly are eliminated. All they need is a bad cab driver/bad directions to put them even farther behind.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2009, 09:03:35 PM »

Someone went through a lot of trouble to fabricate the Masada supposed spoiler as well as the Mauritius fake spoiler.

Meghan and Cheyne are seen working together to get to the roadblock
Gary and Matt have a speedbump .. somewhere and then the detour
It appears Cheyne and Meghan arrive first at the mudpit
from the eyewitness Brian/Ericka The Trotters and the Brothers arrive together at the detour, share the same cab ..and they all arrived earlier than anticipated, hours early.
We don't know the other detour and if Brian and Ericka choose that? They could be first to the pitstop too?
I think I see a team or teams being filmed behind Sam and Dan, assuming here that they have completed the detour and are on their way to the pitstop with the Trotters in tow.
We lose Matt and Gary after their street scene in Tallin looking for a taxi probably. Not seen at the detour but doesn't mean they aren't there.
And come on, wouldn' the male teams have an edge in the volleyball pit? My take is the way they are running they are racing for first place.

just my 2 cents which could be completly off but its what I think and Gary and Matt, sadly are eliminated. All they need is a bad cab driver/bad directions to put them even farther behind.
how about a surprise back-to-back NEL? Last season we thought the TBCs were gone but we all know how that ended. I wouldn't like to discard the improbable and unexpected.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

NoluckBoston

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »
I agree with Puddin -

Unless the other task involved farming of some sort; you know Gary and Matt would choose the mud task. The editing up until now has always had them say things like they enjoy getting dirty.

I just feel that they are going to choose that mud task. Its very possible they are the team being video taped behind Sam.

I have thought about this scenario if you were Sam/Dan or the Trotters.

Meghan and Cheyne  Have left the detour and are on there way to the pitstop.
Brian and Erika are missing and may have already completed the the other detour.
Now Gary and Matt show up and you don't want them catching up to you to the pit stop.
This would cause panic and flight

I think both teams are running so not to fall behind to Gary and Matt back at the detour.

Just some guess on this very rainy night.  

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
Okay TAR historians, have we ever had a NEL followed immediately by a TBC?   Could TPTB be trying to shake things up this year?

It seems very unlikely to me that Gary/Matt actually do so well this week, given the promos & the speedbump, that they beat both of the other male teams to the pit stop.
But the spotting of them in Prague makes me question whether they really are eliminated this week.

So we either have some creative editing (regarding Matt's difficulties) 
or the trotters get a penalty that knocks them out
or the sightings in Prague are misleading
or a TBC leg....hmmmm ?????????

I think, for me, this is the most anticipated episode of the season...so many questions need answered.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »
Raining here too NoLuck and is as mild as hell for mid November.

I'm watching the videos over and over and can't see where peach sees the TWO people in that video. peach you could take screenshots, have at it  :tup:

There are two people in that shot...heading past the mudpit.

I do agree that the other detour has to be very nearby, so always possible another (non-mud) team could come by as well??

I have no idea if it is a team, or production, or random Estonian volleyballers.

But if the PitStop IS the Watchtower, they may be heading that way...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »
Okay TAR historians, have we ever had a NEL followed immediately by a TBC?   Could TPTB be trying to shake things up this year?
This has happened only once before and it was in the Family Edition. The Weavers got the NEL in Salt Lake City, Utah, and then there was a TBC before the Godlewskis got eliminated.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2009, 11:00:02 PM »
Of course, Tallinn could be another NEL. The probability is low, though.
Besides, I would be mad if it is.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2009, 12:22:43 AM »

I'm watching the videos over and over and can't see where peach sees the TWO people in that video. peach you could take screenshots, have at it  :tup:

Okay I have fiddled this picture up, down, and inside out, and I'm going to give you this one. Your pics are much clearer than what I was working with, and I think I was seeing a ghostie due to the size, and not the second person I first thought.

Sorry...   :-[ :-[ :-[    new glasses on order!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2009, 12:26:22 AM »
This one I have played with as well...

And I see a camera guy racing directly behing Nate...but cannot be clear about any other filming. I wonder if this is just the production "huddle" ?? There is one at every task...production, sometimes BVM, aides, in this case maybe extra volleyballers.... but there could be more going on re another team, I just can't be sure.

ALL SPEC :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2009, 01:07:16 AM »
SO trying to think this through...and I am just speculating so feel free to tell me if/where I go astray:

Matt/Gary are not seen at the ferry. Is that because they had already gone thru before primefun arrived?? Or did they come through after he left to go chase the teams. That could be the difference between first and last at that point. Have asked primefun which he thinks is more likely, hope to hear.

Primefun saw Gary/Matt in PIKK street first, clue in hand already, right? SO presumably after Matt had done the RB. He had time to chase them for a bit, before returning to the Blackhead house and starting to follow M/C, D/S, and  B/E.  SO at that point there was a fair bit of bunching.

But if he saw G/M already with the clue before the other teams....does that imply that they were FIRST at that point?? If they slipped off the ferry before he arrived, it could be possible. NOTICE I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS FACT, just trying to cover all of our bases. :lol:

But as puddin says, placement at that point doesn't really matter, a bad taxi could negate all lead they might possibly have had anyway. But then again, with a good taxi.... 

Just wondering. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2009, 01:12:03 AM »
Oh one more thing...I watched that video over and over again too...

Suppose Herb didn't tackle Dan, just stepped into a hole (he kinda disappears, big splash) and takes Dan down accidently too??

I can't wait for this part, I'm with puddin, I want SLO-MO too! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2009, 02:09:17 AM »
SO trying to think this through...and I am just speculating so feel free to tell me if/where I go astray:

Matt/Gary are not seen at the ferry. Is that because they had already gone thru before primefun arrived?? Or did they come through after he left to go chase the teams. That could be the difference between first and last at that point. Have asked primefun which he thinks is more likely, hope to hear.

Primefun saw Gary/Matt in PIKK street first, clue in hand already, right? SO presumably after Matt had done the RB. He had time to chase them for a bit, before returning to the Blackhead house and starting to follow M/C, D/S, and  B/E.  SO at that point there was a fair bit of bunching.

But if he saw G/M already with the clue before the other teams....does that imply that they were FIRST at that point?? If they slipped off the ferry before he arrived, it could be possible. NOTICE I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS FACT, just trying to cover all of our bases. :lol:

But as puddin says, placement at that point doesn't really matter, a bad taxi could negate all lead they might possibly have had anyway. But then again, with a good taxi.... 

Just wondering. :duno:

Could this "other clue" actually be the speed bump because Matt had a hard time finding the Candle. :duno:
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2009, 07:25:24 AM »
This one I have played with as well...

And I see a camera guy racing directly behing Nate...but cannot be clear about any other filming. I wonder if this is just the production "huddle" ?? There is one at every task...production, sometimes BVM, aides, in this case maybe extra volleyballers.... but there could be more going on re another team, I just can't be sure.

ALL SPEC :lol:

Who owns the scarlet & gray backpack?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
Oh one more thing...I watched that video over and over again too...

Suppose Herb didn't tackle Dan, just stepped into a hole (he kinda disappears, big splash) and takes Dan down accidentally too??

I support this theory.  Through the Sam & Dan filter it would be purposeful tripping.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »
jerseydude...yes, that's what it looks like.

Gator...scarlet and red is cameraguy I think??

And I am trying to thingk the best of everyone here. I would much rather believe that it was just a "hole"-y accident, ...but I am not sure I can, based on our screencaps. But we'll see, the camera won't lie.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2009, 08:07:54 AM »
jerseydude...yes, that's what it looks like.

Gator...scarlet and red is cameraguy I think??

And I am trying to thingk the best of everyone here. I would much rather believe that it was just a "hole"-y accident, ...but I am not sure I can, based on our screencaps. But we'll see, the camera won't lie.

From what I've seen it looks as if FT trips first and then makes a wild grab for anything that can hold him up. The Anything in this case being Samuel and Daniel.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »
I do believe, and smell a penalty coming for FT/BE.. it seems as though they really did push Sam or Dan down. It was pretty foul play. Just replay the video a few more times and you'll realise that Sam/Dan was in first.. but FT or BE caught up and sort of grabbed/pushed them??

What if Flight Time says that Dan shoved him first justifying his actions? We do see FT go down first then he comes back to tackle Dan. I'm telling you I expect a slow motion replay at the pitstop 

I too have watched the video over and over again.  Although CBS could be editing the heck out of this, it looks to me like Herb fell twice or at least almost fell and then did fall.  GT's were behind the brothers so for Herb to say the brothers started it would seem to be a lie.  Herb definitely had his hand on Dan's shoulder at the last fall.  So what it looked like to me was that Herb fell or almost fell, recovered and grabbed Dan's shoulder as he was falling again.  Was it to deliberately take Dan out or was he simply trying to break his second fall?  Either way, Dan was back on his feet before Herb and most likely S/D beat the GT's to the pitstop.

IMO If Herb deliberately tried to take Dan down, they need to incur a penalty.  The Luke and Jen thing doesn't even come close to this.  It was kind of even there.  Jen pushed him, he elbowed her.  (Love you Luke!  :-* )  If Herb was merely trying to break his fall ...  :duno:  If he was close enough to be able to grab hold of him, he should have gone around him!   :knuckles: CBS might not be hyping this up because they want us to form our own opinions of what went down and tune in to see the outcome.   If they hyped it up with talk of a penalty, most would definitely think, and possibly rightly so, that the GT's would be eliminated if they got a penalty.  That would kind of spoil it, right?   ;)

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »
To me, it looks like Flight Time trips, grabs Dan because he's the closest thing, and falls. I mean...

He walks off the path and as a result, trips and falls.

And for the "second fall", what type of person tackles sideways? So... it really seems more like a trip to me...