Author Topic: TAR15 EP1505 : "I知 Like Ricky Bobby" (Dubai)  (Read 156418 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP1505 : "I知 Like Ricky Bobby" (Dubai)
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2009, 12:16:06 AM »
 :lol:  Looks like the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve is about 35 miles from the Dubai Mall, an easy drive along E66.  (Note: The Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa is somewhere contained in the Desert Conservation Reserve, just as a point of reference)

...looks like I guessed right on the desert location... who says you can't tell one sand dune from another...  :funny: ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »
Good job Boingo  :yess:
I'm going to quit watching now and rewatch when there aren't so many interruptions  :colors  .. off to watch the insider clips  :waves:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2009, 05:43:50 AM »
...looks like I guessed right on the desert location... who says you can't tell one sand dune from another...

:funny: :funny:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »
 :lol:  It may be obvious to y'all but let me say it for the record... this looks to be the Netherlands pitstop confessional (based on the species of tree behind Ken & Barbie Meghan and Cheyne).   ;D ..or is it Sweden, or Estonia, or Prague...   :res:   :snicker:

eta: ...oh wait, it could also be the European Hornbeam  :groan:

Dutch tree guide
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:28:33 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »
Nice Boingo!

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »
My takes on this episode:

It was nice to see the Burj Dubai. Too bad there was no bungee-jumping, since the building was under construction.

The water task was intriguing. The detour was meh. Of course, quite a few times waste their time with the "find a needle in the haystack" option. On the other hand, the judges this season are way too generous. Interesting to see the snow in the desert though.

The fast forward was useless (and too easy). One a season? You should just get rid of it altogether. Would have been interesting to see Meghan and Cheyne racing this episode.

The self-driving made this episode so much more interesting by shuffling the order. Also liked the interaction in this episode. That made this episode the best so far this season. It gets a 9 out of 10.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »
My takes on this episode:

It was nice to see the Burj Dubai. Too bad there was no bungee-jumping, since the building was under construction.

The water task was intriguing. The detour was meh. Of course, quite a few times waste their time with the "find a needle in the haystack" option. On the other hand, the judges this season are way too generous. Interesting to see the snow in the desert though.

The fast forward was useless (and too easy). One a season? You should just get rid of it altogether. Would have been interesting to see Meghan and Cheyne racing this episode.

The self-driving made this episode so much more interesting by shuffling the order. Also liked the interaction in this episode. That made this episode the best so far this season. It gets a 9 out of 10.

This was the best episode so far, indeed! But I'm VERY discouraged by the "once a season" Fast Forward. What is the point? Bring it to at least 3 a season! And we all know that we need self-driving back! Navigation skill is an important part of the race.

The tasks this season are also way too stereotypical of the countries they visit. I'm not learning anything new about the countries by watching this. It has become too much about cheap entertainment rather than enlightenment.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2009, 01:28:40 PM »
I thought the Fast Forward was dumb, all Meghan had to do was stand there and worry about being out of control in her own mind. :lol: . How many FF have we had where only 1 team member had to perform a task?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2009, 01:31:18 PM »
I thought the Fast Forward was dumb, all Meghan had to do was stand there and worry about being out of control in her own mind. :lol: . How many FF have we had where only 1 team member had to perform a task?

Uchenna/Joyce?  :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »

:lol: Well that doesn't count but good one!  >>  :( = Joyce

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »

:lol:  sure you don't mean "lazy ass Kim"  ;D

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2009, 08:31:07 AM »

Flo/Zach? They had to get the attention of the surfer, and all Flo did was pout at the riverbank.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »
Meghan and Cheyne - This is certainly the team to beat, they're just whizzing through the race all the time! I'm really happy that they're still doing well and working so well together. I'm starting to really love this team! But I thought that the Fast Forward was really lame, they should have asked for both team members to complete the race. Hmm.

Brian and Ericka - This was a great leg ran for them! They seem to have such good luck, finding the little snowman so quickly and all. Perhaps it's really karma, seeing that Brian's always so nice to everyone, and I just love that. Love how they're so in love with each other too. Let the good karma and love continue!

Flight Time and Big Easy - I didn't get much from them this episode, other than the fact that it was nice of them to tell Mika and Canaan how cold it was in the ski building, preparing them for the cold. They're still doing well.

Gary and Matt - Honestly, I wouldn't have expected this team to be working so well together, and doing so well on the race. They're one of the teams that has been really consistent ever since the second leg. It was impressive how they were near the back of the pack initially, but made up so much time.

Sam and Dan - Nice guys, love how they're always wanting to help Maria and Tiffany, even waited for their replacement car to arrive.

Maria and Tiffany - You've just gotta love these girls. Shrewd they might be, liars they might be, but they certainly aren't bad people. It was sweet of Tiffany to offer to let Sam/Dan use her ladle. That was really nice, she'd have had to wait for him, costing some time. And this isn't the type of behaviour we would expect from a team of liars I guess. But then again, they've only lied about their profession, otherwise they're still pretty nice girls to me. =)

Mika and Canaan - I thought that this team would be able to pick themselves up and do much better in the legs to come since episode 1 but till now, they're still hovering at the back so... Yeah, it won't be surprising if they're gone soon.

Lance and Keri - I actually thought that Lance wasn't all too annoying this episode. In fact, he was really nice at the pit-stop, even though they were last. I'd have expected some kind of meltdown and tremendous blaming placed on Keri but he took it very well and for once, I can say that I'm alright with this team, but I'm still not too sad to have them gone.

And we're now down to seven. It's getting evident that there are 5 more dominant teams, and 2 that will never do that well no matter how hard they try. Hmm. The all-male teams are really rocking this season aren't they. Anyway, here's my current ranking of teams:

1. Brian and Ericka
2. Meghan and Cheyne
3. Maria and Tiffany
4. Sam and Dan
5. Mika and Canaan
6. Gary and Matt
7. Flight Time and Big Easy

In fact, I like all seven teams remaining! :)
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Burj Dubai (also known as Burj Khalifa) is now open!
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2010, 05:24:24 AM »
Burj Dubai (also known as Burj Khalifa) is now open since Jan. 4, 2010 and here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5U109VOD-k&NR=1

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2010, 09:31:17 AM »
Wow, that was some show!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.