Author Topic: 24 Season 8  (Read 52902 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: 24 Season 8
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »
In the preview it looks like she has escaped and Jack and Cole find or catch up to her. (See above.) Must be we will see more of her as part of the plot. At this point, I'd almost like to see her partner up with Jack and Cole, we know she knows how to use a gun effectively.  :knuckles:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2010, 03:57:08 PM »
TL, you mean Dana might not be as bad as portrayed...maybe a counter-spy?  Or whatever they call it.  Kinda like Tony Almeida?
( Good guy/bad guy/never know guy )

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
TL, you mean Dana might not be as bad as portrayed...maybe a counter-spy?  Or whatever they call it.  Kinda like Tony Almeida?

Well, yes, like Tony, she could be useful as a shooter but only if she's in front of Jack and Cole at all times and only a few bullets in her gun.

BTW, My hubby has a theory which he is sticking with, he thinks Renee isn't dead, that they just pretended that she died. I like his theory and hope he is right, but haven't much faith in this happening.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »
TL, you mean Dana might not be as bad as portrayed...maybe a counter-spy?  Or whatever they call it.  Kinda like Tony Almeida?

Well, yes, like Tony, she could be useful as a shooter but only if she's in front of Jack and Cole at all times and only a few bullets in her gun.

BTW, My hubby has a theory which he is sticking with, he thinks Renee isn't dead, that they just pretended that she died. I like his theory and hope he is right, but haven't much faith in this happening.
Well I'll be darned!  That thought crossed my mind too, TL!  But only for a second or two!  Sure not going to build up hopes, BUT!  IF Renee is still alive?  Oh my, how wonderful...and Jack will finally find his rainbow & live happily ever after.  :hearts: :jumpy: :jam: 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2010, 05:47:06 PM »
Jack looked so forlorn, I hope it happens but not holding my breath.  :'(

(Keifer should win an Emmy for his performance in that scene.)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »
Dana, we didn't know what to make of you but you went out with a bang. (Or two bangs to be precise.) Didn't see that coming.

Questions for the final four hours.

Did Jack think Dana killed Cole and is that one of the reasons he shot Dana?

Has Jack gone to the dark side and will he take out everyone who wronged Renee?

Will Madam President realize the bad mistake she's made by listening to former President Weasel or will she continue down that bad path because cover-up is the next thing to come if she does.

Will Chloe figure out what is happening and protect Jack as she has always done in the past? (I say yes!)

Will anyone ever find the dead body stuffed in CTU's conference wall by Dana? Sniff sniff...

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »
Sneak Peek:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2010, 03:55:12 AM »
Dana, we didn't know what to make of you but you went out with a bang. (Or two bangs to be precise.) Didn't see that coming.
Me neither, and must admit it was a satisfying ending to that episode.  I felt no remorse for Dana.

Questions for the final four hours.

Did Jack think Dana killed Cole and is that one of the reasons he shot Dana? 
I wondered that too.  Was sure relieved to find out Cole was still alive!

Has Jack gone to the dark side and will he take out everyone who wronged Renee?
It seems he's definitely out for revenge, but think it's a temporary reaction.  I don't think he's going to take out everyone who wronged Renee.  I think Jack's trying to save Madam President from all the damage Weasel Logan is causing & he'll save her & her office from disgrace somehow.

Will Madam President realize the bad mistake she's made by listening to former President Weasel or will she continue down that bad path because cover-up is the next thing to come if she does.
At some point, she'll realize it all and she won't cover it up.  She impresses me as honorable & respects her duty as President. If necessary, she will step down, imo.

Will Chloe figure out what is happening and protect Jack as she has always done in the past? (I say yes!)  Yup.  She will.  My best friend thinks Jack & Chloe might get together, but there aren't enough hours left for that to culminate.  Maybe the writers will give us a hint of it?  Hard to tell!  But isn't she married & has a kid?  Or am I confusing it with Jack's daughter.  hmmm...

Will anyone ever find the dead body stuffed in CTU's conference wall by Dana? Sniff sniff...
THAT has bugged me!  Why hasn't anyone smelled it yet?  But wait! We must remember the timeline is in HOURs, not Days. By the time the Day ends, we should be smelling the dead body!  yuk.
Hey TL, thanks for the great questions to ponder!  :tup: :clapping:
(what happened to our clapping emote?  Hey puddin..... )

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
I am finally caught up on 24.  Chloe can't end up with Jack....doesn't she have a husband and a child?  I thought they showed them the end of last season.  I do think Chloe will protect Jack.  I can't imagine the season ending with Jack on the dark side especially with a movie to follow.  Then again what do I know.   :duno:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
I KNEW Chloe would realize what was happening.  :yess:  She does have a son and husband, Morris, although I don't recall any mention of either of them this year.

How is this all going to end! Apparently not well for quite a few people.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »
What's the body count now? I couldn't keep track. Weasel Logan melted like a piece of tissue in the rain. Madame President is in heap big trouble and Ethan MIGHT be able to help her climb out of the sewer she finds herself in but I doubt it.

I don't have a good feeling about the end of this but I suspect that while we think it will be bad for Jack, it will still leave everything up in the air because of the movie.

No matter the preview for next week, Jack will not assassinate anyone.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2010, 07:33:36 AM »
Fini. (Or is it?)

A few loose ends and one big question...

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »
I still have 7 episodes to watch. My DirecTV lost the local channels early this year. Thus, I lost my Fox affiliate. I have so many things to catch up on.  :groan: :groan: :groan:
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2010, 08:59:23 PM »
I still have 7 episodes to watch. My DirecTV lost the local channels early this year. Thus, I lost my Fox affiliate. I have so many things to catch up on.  :groan: :groan: :groan:

OMGosh! Yes, You need to see the whole thing!  :umn:

Glad to see you back! We missed you.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2010, 02:30:07 AM »
Fini. (Or is it?)

:waves: A few loose ends and one big question...
....Jack & Chloe are both alive!!  Just no details. Drat. :duno:
I imagine Jack went to visit his daughter & family, then off for more adventures we'll never know about.  Chloe probably quit her day job to be w/ hubby Morris & child. 
The worst that happened which still upsets me if I think about it too long is Renee's horrible death. :'( TL, I so hoped your hubby was right that she wasn't really dead & Jack & Renee walked off into the sunset alive and well. :js:

Very relieved Jack n' Chloe are still alive...or so the story goes!!

Ahhh...whata great show which I'll sorely miss.  :( 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »
We will miss it as well Rudy!  However Jack fans are hoping that a movie is in the works!

24: Is the Jack Bauer Movie a Sure Thing?

Published: May 24, 2010

24After tonight, Jack Bauer is finally going to get a day off — for a little while anyway. Though 24 is going off the air, there are plans to make a movie based on the TV show. It’s supposedly going to involve Jack battling some form of evil in Europe. But, where does it stand?

Executive producer Howard Gordon recently told Movieweb, “The current status of the movie is that Billy Ray has written a draft which Kiefer Sutherland has read, and we’re all working together on the second draft.”

He cautioned, “Now, it’s not been shared with Fox or anybody so there is no official status right now. It’s very much a work in progress. Honestly, the movie division is on the other side of the lot and I don’t know and can’t measure their intentions or their timing, and certainly can’t measure their reaction to the script because they haven’t read it yet. ”

Gordon concluded, “So I think it’s all very much speculative at this point. I think our preference would be to do it sooner than later, of course, and get Jack back out in front of people within a year or two, but I don’t know. That would be just me speaking.”

Continue reading here

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
 :waves: Ohh, I forgot about the prospective 24 movie.  Hope it happens! :yess:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »
:waves: Ohh, I forgot about the prospective 24 movie.  Hope it happens! :yess:

I hope there will be a movie too.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline kavin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2010, 06:47:03 AM »
The new season begins Sunday January 17, 9/8C, a 2 night, 4 hour opener.

Can't Wait!

you link is not working, I have watched this episode already. It's really wonderful episode.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2013, 05:25:11 PM »
It's been a long time:

FROM EW.COM:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/10/24-return-episodes/

'24' return scoop: 13 episodes planned
by James Hibberd

May 10 2013 01:49 PM ET

'24' return scoop: 13 episodes planned
by James Hibberd

With Kiefer Sutherland and Fox plotting the return of Jack Bauer, we’re hearing some additional details about the plan.

You already figured this out, but now we can say with certainty: Touch isn’t coming back for a third season. The mystical drama was shifted to Friday nights this season where it struggled in the ratings. Even without a 24 revival, it was considered pretty much dead in the water.

For 24 miniseries/limited series, we’re hearing Fox is actually currently looking at a 13-episode order for the show. For a cable series, that’s actually a full season (heck, for HBO’s Game of Thrones, it’s more than a full season). So that would be a pretty significant potential order to bring back Bauer.

Fox had no comment. Hopefully there will be clarity at the network’s upfront presentation Monday.

Of course, a 13-episode order does raise the question: Will 24 continue in its real-time format, but just follow Bauer over the course of 13 hours? That would sort of botch the title, though, right? Or will Bauer face another 24-hour adventure, but the narrative will skip time? It would be great to see Bauer get on L.A.’s 405 freeway at the end of one episode and arrive at his destination two hours later at the start of the next episode — now that would be realistic action!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
I've watched every season of 24 but I just wonder if it can come back and be as good. I guess we'll see!  :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »
FROM ZAP2IT.COM:
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/05/24-will-live-another-day-in-2014-fox-confirms.html

'24' will 'Live Another Day' in 2014, FOX confirms
By Rick Porter

May 13, 2013 11:10 AM ET

Jack Bauer is officially back: FOX has confirmed its plans to bring "24" back to its airwaves next year.

The show will return in the summer of 2014 as an event series called "24: Live Another Day." Kiefer Sutherland has signed on to play Jack Bauer again, with the story picking up several years after the last season, which aired in 2009. There's no word yet on any other casting.

"Live Another Day" will run for 12 weeks and keep its real-time format, but FOX Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly says it may skip hours here and there.

"As [executive producer Howard Gordon] would design the season, the spine of the 24 episodes was really about 12 hours. Those were where the big events occurred, and then there were little twists and connective tissue in between," Reilly told reporters on a conference call Monday (May 13). Each episode of "Live Another Day" will still unfold over the course of an hour, but viewers won't see as much of the in-between hours. "It may go 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m.," Reilly says, depending on how the story comes together.

Reilly says the return of "24" grew out of the network announcing it was making a push into limited-run series, and Gordon and the "24" team's frustration at trying to design a feature film based on the show.

"As they got into the feature film, I think they all agreed that '24' compressed into two hours is not '24,'" Reilly says. "Talking about it over the last couple of years, they kind of got their juices flowing again, and when we announced this new [miniseries] franchise, a little light bulb went off for Howard. He said, 'Wait a minute. Why are we killing ourselves trying to crack a feature when this is the perfect format?'"

"Live Another Day" will probably be paired with another scripted series in the summer of 2014 -- Reilly mentioned the drama "Gang Related" as one that might hold until then. Another limited series, the thriller "Wayward Pines," is currently set to launch in the late summer next year and carry into fall.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »
Rumors indicate that the new 24 miniseries will air on next April.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2014, 03:31:22 PM »
Fox has released yesterday during the Super Bowl the first promos of "24: Live Another Day":

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l0MuhJFS-R4?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l0MuhJFS-R4?hl=es_</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgk8bl6oH7k?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xgk8bl6oH7k?hl=es_</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zo1Esna_D_w?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zo1Esna_D_w?hl=es_</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vx__oqcTcUU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vx__oqcTcUU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fo4_r5RlBII?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fo4_r5RlBII?hl=es_</a>

The new season will air on May 5th.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
I have a few months to get ready for another 24 onslaught. It's a good thing, I'm not ready yet!  :o