Author Topic: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"  (Read 88988 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 12:06:32 AM »
Eh, anyone is thinking in tune with me?

Why the hell did Meghan choose to do it? :groan:

She looks most like Lena???  :lol3:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 12:07:53 AM »

Obviously Meghan is being set for a meltdown. (The hookahs last leg, the golf this leg... :funny:)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2009, 12:08:24 AM »

She looks most like Lena???  :lol3:
Maybe they didn't think it was that physically demanding, or they skipped Season 6
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 12:15:25 AM »

She looks most like Lena???  :lol3:
Maybe they didn't think it was that physically demanding, or they skipped Season 6

Most people would probably only watch after Ethiopia. :funny:

I am really curious if Dan is telling Sam additional clue info, or if he just remembers the episode.  Because if its off memory good for Dan awesome for being a terrible brother.
maybe each leg they go for a different race archetype, dubai 2 they were alpha male, netherlands they were the token gay team, and in sweden they'll be the psycho siblings

Weren't Lena & Kristy sisters? :funny:

And for the explosives: where in Sweden could they possibly do it? And what does it have to do with friggin' Sweden? The invention of the dynamite? :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:38:26 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2009, 12:31:20 AM »
Yup, Lena & Kristy were and probably still are sisters. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2009, 12:54:27 AM »
I think Meghan says the title quote... Uhoh... She's the only woman doing the task this time...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2009, 01:01:26 AM »
I think this could be a TBC,

BUT, as we all know... Phil told the teams, whoever crosses the finish line after TWELVE legs will win the 1 M Dollars... so chances are, we might have only 12 single legs this season too...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2009, 01:36:20 AM »
opps

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2009, 08:05:03 AM »
I bet Maria's going to do the roadblock. Just like the female team before them, that will be their downfall.  :'(

The strategy of Tiffany doing all the tough ROADBLOCKs is about to have its ugly consequences exposed. The RB balance count is after episode 7 Tiffany 5 Maria 2. That means it is almost certain that Maria will be doing the next ROADBLOCK whatever it is.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2009, 08:20:05 AM »
Raymond, you are right on the money. Doubtless you have heard of the Nobel Prizes in selected fields. They are funded by a trust fund set up initially by Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite, patented in 1867 and still a huge seller worldwide. Alfred Nobel was Swedish and his first factory was in Sweden. I have no doubt that the World Race Productions are honoring him with a general task or DETOUR involving dynamite. Actually, I think that will make a poor task because there is lengthy safety instructions needed, there will be to no opportunity for little place changes among the teams. So what if there is a big bang that is visually appealing.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 08:21:22 AM »
I bet Maria's going to do the roadblock. Just like the female team before them, that will be their downfall.  :'(

The strategy of Tiffany doing all the tough ROADBLOCKs is about to have its ugly consequences exposed. The RB balance count is after episode 7 Tiffany 5 Maria 2. That means it is almost certain that Maria will be doing the next ROADBLOCK whatever it is.

Was I the only person that watched yesterday's episode? Tiffany and Maria are gone folks.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 08:21:50 AM »
Not the haybales again!
 :groan:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »
I bet Maria's going to do the roadblock. Just like the female team before them, that will be their downfall.  :'(

Was I the only person that watched yesterday's episode? Tiffany and Maria are gone folks.
I think that people we really confident it was a NEL...But I watched it!
:lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 08:28:13 AM »
I beleive that all teams except Maria/Tiffany had completed their tasks. remember that they would have arrived in the Groningen area by about 9am. The obvious flight choice from Amsterdam to Stocklholm is nonstop flight:

KL8223 AMS ARN 0715 0915

Should there not be room on that for all 5 or 6 teams on Sunday morning August 2, here are some additional connecting flights to leave at essentially the same time and get there later:

AF8223 AMS CDG 0715 0840 connecting in Paris to CDG ARN KL2062 0940 1210

LH2689 AMS MUC 0715 0825 connecting in Munich to MUC ARN LH3002 1010 1215

KL1141 AMS OSL 0705 0900 connecting in Oslo to OSL ARN SK490 1200 1300

For those of you who join Peach and I as fans of the Bremen route, unfortunately we are out of luck on the flights to Stockholm. There is are no flight combinations out of Bremen to there that make any sense.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:39:12 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 08:35:48 AM »
Coutzy and Snooky,

You have to ask yourself why would the ending of episode 7 not be revealed. Would there be any drama if a team were doing poorly but eliminated at the beginning of telecast #8 (I feel only the part after the REVEAL can be considered episode 8)? No, there wouldn't. There has been ample evidence that episode 7 was a NEL. Would Phil have allowed a team to quit if by taking a DETOUR penalty (usually 24 hours) they will still be in it. That puts them a day behind the other teams, but it is conceivable although unlikely that bunching could get them back in it.

I don't think Phil eliminates them because if he were going to we would have seen that as the end of episode 7. I don't know how he gets them out of this mess, but I predict that WRP/Phil find a way. They can be very inventive.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 08:41:24 AM »
As per Tiffany Michelle's Blog:

1.THE QUITTING THING: Technically we didn’t “quit”, we took a penalty for not completing the Detour which happens to be a 24hr penalty (for an unfinished Detour)... mind you, that was AFTER over THREE HOURS of attempting both challenges. Obviously we knew that by giving up on the Detour and asking for the penalty we could VERY likely be eliminated, it was unlikely that we could withstand a 24hr penalty unless it was a non-elimination leg but “quitting the Race” was not what we did, technically we took the penalty (although they worded it differently when Phil came out to the field) and at the point that Brian & Ericka checked in we were then eliminated.

Also, wikipedia has them listed as eliminated (as much as we can trust that), and also has them down for calling the Elimination Station and informing teams of their elimination. (I can't verify this as ES is not available in Australia)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 08:59:43 AM »
Interesting information, Coutzy. There is two ways to read it:

1. When Brian and Ericka checked in for the pit stop in Vierhuizen Maria and Tiffany were eliminated, which does not seem possible since that had not stated a desire to take thet 24 hour penalty.

2. When Brian and ericka checked in for the pit stop at the end of episode 8 in Sweden Maria and Tiffany were eliminated. This is what I think happened. How can you have  SpeedBump in Sweden if there is no teams that earned it?

We will see at the beginning of telecast 8.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:05:10 AM by apskip »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 09:28:25 AM »
I suspect that TPTB planned for it to be an NEL, but that with the super penalty, figured that the other teams would be able to finish the leg in Stockholm before M/T departed from Groningen and so decided to eliminate them outright (much like U/J in All-Stars).

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »
As per Tiffany Michelle's Blog:

1.THE QUITTING THING: Technically we didn’t “quit”, we took a penalty for not completing the Detour which happens to be a 24hr penalty (for an unfinished Detour)... mind you, that was AFTER over THREE HOURS of attempting both challenges. Obviously we knew that by giving up on the Detour and asking for the penalty we could VERY likely be eliminated, it was unlikely that we could withstand a 24hr penalty unless it was a non-elimination leg but “quitting the Race” was not what we did, technically we took the penalty (although they worded it differently when Phil came out to the field) and at the point that Brian & Ericka checked in we were then eliminated.

Also, wikipedia has them listed as eliminated (as much as we can trust that), and also has them down for calling the Elimination Station and informing teams of their elimination. (I can't verify this as ES is not available in Australia)

Yup. Just watched ES and they phoned in. But like what zackattack said, probably this was an NEL before and then they had to shift the NEL to this leg.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »
Maria/Tiffany are gone, kaput, TOAST!!!!!

They will not be reincarnated next week. They have already called into the Elimination Station.......Pooffffff......they are history!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »
I believe we have confirmation that the speed bump (no CAPS) referred to in the press release is actually the new feature, the Switchback (Capital S).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »

Or NOT. :duno:

Extensively discussed in the Ep 7 thread.

Yes, they were eliminated per Tiffany.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:45:03 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »
I just noticed tiffany and maria and kelly and christy from season 12 came in 2nd on their previous legs before being eliminated 6th and both are all-female teams. looks like we will have to wait next season if a all-female team finally wins the amazing race. it's been 15 seasons. :(

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »

That's a good question.  She just did the Bell counting RB.  I don't know what the balance is between her and Cheyne.

According to Wikipedia, Meghan and Cheyne have done three RBs each (because of the FF in Dubai). Everyone else is on a 3-4 balance.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »
Chart thanks to Slowhatch, scroll to the bottom for the RB balance.

http://homepage.mac.com/yakc/tv/tar15.html