Author Topic: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"  (Read 88983 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
11/08 Amazing Race 15 - This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life (Sweden)
:barline
 Stockholm, Sweden 8/1

Blog by sparkibaken.se
The first team in front the wide counter in order to try few tickets to the air transport.
After a long air trip, I am now home again. The air trip did not become however entire ointressant. In Amsterdam so came it first forward a guy and girl and called out about it there some that wanted to transfer its tickets to them then they were with in a TV programme and needed come to Stockholm fastest possible. No bitten however, but they succeeded nevertheless to come with on their stand village tickets.
Apart from the team with the pair (that also are visible on the picture) had time to three other teams with product in photographer and sound guy with. A team asked me about I where from Stockholm, and when I said that I where it became I filmed when I portrayed the fastest road to take themselves from Arlanda to green grove. I might also type on a paper that I the my approved possible participation. I asked what the where pursues programmes, and I did not get the name on it, but they come in all cases from USA. Reminded little about Amazing race thought I. It was in all fall comfortabley with little performance after it 10-timmars the long first flight.

Terese @ sparkibaken.se kindly repiles
The teams I saw was the boy and the girl (that are in the first picture), a african american team with two guys with Harlem Globetrotter-jackets, a team with a guy with pink(?) hair and then the last team with two black haired guys (I think one or two of them had glasses). It was the last couple who asked me about the fastest way to Gröna Lund and they wondered what was the highest point there.

Blog thanks to Terese@ sparkibaken.se

2009-08-01

eta picture data DateTime : 2009:08:01 05:13:51  

For those unfamiliar with the reference Arlanda is the name of the Stockholm International Airport (hence airport code ARN) and Grona Land is an amusement park in Stockholm. Here is a description of a visit there, including a picture desribed by Richard Bannister:

Grona Land Visit

:lol:  OK, I'm bored... places we know in Stockholm...so far...  :res:

...BTW airport is 20 miles from downtown, but park is less than 2 miles to the ferry terminal

Stockholm forum

Russia bastard
 The Amazing Race 15

A little insider info for all TAR fans: Season 15 will buy you a visit to everyone's favorite Stockholm! Detailed fixed Gröna Lund. Saw it with my own eyes

Just passing thru  :lol:

update..

Russia bastard

It was very hush hush over the whole. The few people who were involved were forced to sign confidentiality papers (I am not one of those, however, so I can babble freely  ). ****ing fast to cover up the envelope box with black refuse sacks, they were also, as soon as the participants were not in the vicinity.

What I understood the whole situation as it was a "Detour" (only a few were run), the task was to go tilt. A strange detail is that there is still something on the roof at Jetline: an arrow in the TAR colors that point in the direction of the Jet Rock. What it used to, I know not ...

Quote:
Originally Posted bySnotric
You stole clue?

No, even if it scratched in the fingers. Before the park had opened the box was relatively unguarded with only a few camera people with their backs on it, but I dared not look into the  

A Grona Lund sighting; Peach agrees with me that it refers to a 1 p.m. sighting of two men with backpacks.
I heard from someone that was a witness @ Grona Lund .. she/he states the Globe Trotters were among the first to arrive and Brian & Ericka among the last. I know it doesn't help much though.

eta: she/he wrote  "I think Brian/ericka gets eliminated but i might be wrong."

Not exactly sure what she/he witnessed though

They took a boat from Stockholm sweden to Estonia.I live in Stockholm and spotted few of the teams few days ago it was exciting but won't tell about them else than that their next destination was Estonia.

Sweden it is. But it's one of the later legs. It's gonna be a good leg since i happen to know what they are doing there
There is this kind of park but didn't think this park was gonna be in the race but yah.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:36:30 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »
Zapit

The Amazing Race 15: This Is the Worst Thing I've Ever Done in My Life
One team encounters a speed bump while racing through Stockholm; a team returns to the site of a roadblock.
------------------------

CBS
Sunday, Nov. 8   THE AMAZING RACE (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   —While racing through Stockholm, one unlucky team faces a speed bump and, for the first time in the series' history, teams return to the site of an infamous roadblock.  Phil Keoghan hosts

Revised:
ONE TEAM STRUGGLES WITH COOPERATION AT AN EXPLOSIVE DETOUR AND THE RACERS RETURN TO ONE OF THE MOST INFAMOUS ROADBLOCKS IN SERIES' HISTORY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 8 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"This is the Worst Thing I've Ever Done in My Life (Sweden)" — The lack of cooperation hinders one teams efforts at an explosive Detour, and during the series' first ever "Switchback," Teams return to one of the most infamous Roadblocks in the history of the show, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:21:20 PM by puddin »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:24:47 AM »
What could be the worst thing someone has ever done in their life? I'm feeling a hay bales vibe.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »
What could be the worst thing someone has ever done in their life? I'm feeling a hay bales vibe.

Exactly what I was thinking. And now, is it possible that the quote was recycled from the first time?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 01:02:22 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking. And now, is it possible that the quote was recycled from the first time?

Maybe. And this airs here on my birthday. I better not get what I don't want to happen. :groan:

You have the same birthday as me!

But if this is the Switchback and it is the hay bales, I still don't think it's going to be a big unlucky incident for one team. More likely they will just do it and move on. Just throwing that out there.

And just so you know, I doubt that the quote comes from Season 6, if that's what you meant. In aired footage nobody ever said that exact quote, to the best of my remembrance.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 12:30:01 PM »
There's also the possibility that BVM would pull out unaired TAR 6 footage to use for the black and white flashback and possibly that quote. If they're going to do this, they might as well ramp up the suspense and prolouge as much as possible.

I might have to pull out my copy of that episode and check during this coming week. (Not today, it's my little schnauzer's seventh birthday and I need to go do something with her; I keep getting a paw on my leg.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »
There's also the possibility that BVM would pull out unaired TAR 6 footage to use for the black and white flashback and possibly that quote. If they're going to do this, they might as well ramp up the suspense and prolouge as much as possible.

That could be a possibility as well, since there was not much aired complaining from Lena & Kristy.

Or perhaps another team said that quote? ???

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »
IIRC, there was something in the Tallinn sightings about Brian/Ericka being far behind. Maybe they get bad luck at the haybales and end up leaving last, a la Adam/Rebecca every leg?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »
CBS has just issued a press release bundle that includes a press release on the highlights of the November sweeps month (link) to the CBS Press Express website (click on press bundles link and look under October 27  to download the Word document.):

Quote from: from CBS
Sunday, Nov. 8   THE AMAZING RACE (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   —While racing through Stockholm, one unlucky team faces a speed bump and, for the first time in the series' history, teams return to the site of an infamous roadblock.  Phil Keoghan hosts.
So we have confirmation of the Switchback task and an NEL for the leg in The Netherlands.

There's also this for the Estonia leg, which a mod can move when there's a thread for it:
Quote from: from CBS Press Express site
Sunday, Nov. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   THE AMAZING RACE
—Teams travel to Estonia and decipher a message in an ancient brotherhood lair and then slog through the bogs to play a wild muddy game of volleyball.  Phil Keoghan hosts.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:17:18 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »
The haybales is in my mind the perfect RB to revisit, difficult but doable. Can't wait to see it again, and oh please TPTB, bring back LENA as the greeter!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 06:29:02 PM »
And they should have her hide the clues in the hay bales too !
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 07:21:40 PM »
Do we know for sure that Hollnd is a NEL? There's nothing in that quote that suggests it to me.
While racing through Stockholm, one unlucky team faces a speed bump

Unless its an actual speedbump in the road that Maria runs over going too fast and damages her vehicle... :neener:

I think that it's quite time for an NEL...

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »
If the Switchback happens to be the Haybale Roadblock; enjoy this video from 9 seasons ago:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2sr2PY5QTek
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 07:48:38 PM by colav10 »

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
Yeah... OK. Next week on the Amazing Race. Teams have a blast in Stockholm (cue explosion) and the Switchback Roadblock. And there's a Travelocity roaming gnome.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 08:06:17 PM »
gnomes

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »
The Title quote mean the Haypales Task alright!!  :funny: :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 08:16:28 PM »
Wow explosives.. Neat!! One hell of the task next week..

Haypales! Explosives!! Gnome!! Wow!!  :ascared :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 08:17:22 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 08:19:19 PM »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 08:20:17 PM »
If I remember correctly...there was a Yield before the Haybale task...could it be that there will be a Switchback near and the other team mate will be forced to do the roadblock?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »
Do we know for sure that Hollnd is a NEL? There's nothing in that quote that suggests it to me.
While racing through Stockholm, one unlucky team faces a speed bump

Unless its an actual speedbump in the road that Maria runs over going too fast and damages her vehicle... :neener:
OK, since the Netherlands leg is a NEL but the problem is both Maria and Tiffany failed to attempt on both detour tasks, is there a time penalty for them after that?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
Topaz, Maria and Tiffany are not coming back, they quit   :waves:

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 08:25:15 PM »
Is this the same place it occured in season 6?? Or a new place??

Think they go somewhere get the gnome and do the RB..

I guess Explosive the Detour..

Maybe Airport -> Gnome ->Yield/Switchback->RB (Haypales)-> Detour-> Pitstop (Lena Greeter??)  :funny:

Just realise the explosives, they are holding the gnome.. Hmmm.. So Detour first or RB??
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:32:05 PM by autowil »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 08:31:56 PM »
They also go to Gröna Lund for a task, the first task as they asked the witness at the airport in Amsterdam for directions ..read the first post please.