Author Topic: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"  (Read 88989 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »
I heard something-boggan during Matt and Gary's direction confusion
I wouldn't spend extra time on it. I can definitely place them at Karlaplan (compare the windows and flagpole), probably heading south to Grona Lunds (from where the cap was taken, all they had to do is take the next right and go south on the alameda). The other buildings and streets were probably just stuff they passed by while lost.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2009, 10:57:31 PM »
That's really amazing slowhatch,  Thank You!!

They can run, but they can't hide from the sharpest eyes in town! :jam:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2009, 11:14:51 PM »
In Season 7 Leg 9, teams had to bring their gnome to the Pit Stop. All 4 gnomes had a different form of transportation on them, and the team with the plane on the bottom of their gnome won the prize for that leg (which, ironically, was last place Ron & Kelly).

Just throwing that out for clarification. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »
From Facebook:

The Amazing Race On the next Amazing Race: One team encounters a speed bump while racing through Stockholm and & much more! Check out this preview!!

They are emphasizing the speed bump thingy, but I think that does not mean literally. It may be a personal struggle, or just one of the difficult challenges to complete, but NOT the REAL SPEED BUMP!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2009, 12:10:45 AM »
^^ I'm not going there again uycocoa   :groan: :colors :badhorse:

And nice work as always Slowhatch!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2009, 12:14:04 AM »
^^ I'm not going there again uycocoa   :groan: :colors :badhorse:

And nice work as always Slowhatch!

oops.. sorry. Im just putting another period in a period. :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2009, 12:19:08 AM »
Here are my little mysteries for this leg:

** What sort of explanation re Maria/Tiffany's  lack of an official elim will we see?

**Why does a spoiler source, who is on site, call the Grona Land clue a Detour? Sounds like something he would have had to have overheard. (Note that I am not suggesting it is a Detour, just an oddity>)

It was very hush hush over the whole. The few people who were involved were forced to sign confidentiality papers (I am not one of those, however, so I can babble freely  ). ****ing fast to cover up the envelope box with black refuse sacks, they were also, as soon as the participants were not in the vicinity.

What I understood the whole situation as it was a "Detour" (only a few were run), the task was to go tilt. A strange detail is that there is still something on the roof at Jetline: an arrow in the TAR colors that point in the direction of the Jet Rock. What it used to, I know not ...

** Where/What is the other Detour? They need to be not outrageously far away from each other. Are we totally not seeing any of Stockholm this time??

** How do team GET to the RB? Train and bicycles again? Just train? Or a continuation of the self drive??

**Will Lena and Kristy appear as greeters? >> I will never forgive CBS for missing an opportunity if they don't, esp after all the hype.

And hmmm...WHERE is the PITSTOP anyway??

In season 6 it was at Af Chapman. The intriguing thing here is that it is a YOUTH HOSTEL. and I am still looking for the youth hostel Phil told us they stayed in along the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Af_Chapman

Note that I am also not suggesting it is, just wondering.

** And my biggest question! Why does Meghan do the RB?? She and Cheyne are even at 3 each and they have a "spare" since they did the FF> I smell the hand of Bertram in this, I am sure he wanted to see at least ONE female unrolling the bales, since Tiffany and Maria are not here now to struggle at this one.  I'll bet TPTB were VERY disappointed to not have a F/F team to do this RB.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2009, 12:27:10 AM »
** And my biggest question! Why does Meghan do the RB?? She and Cheyne are even at 3 each and they have a "spare" since they did the FF> I smell the hand of Bertram in this, I am sure he wanted to see at least ONE female unrolling the bales, since Tiffany and Maria are not here now to struggle at this one.  I'll bet TPTB were VERY disappointed to not have a F/F team to do this RB.

Exactly. Are they the victims of the SwitchBack, which is actually a twist which forces the other team member to complete the Roadblock after the first team member has done it? I can totally see one of those all-male teams using it on Meghan and Cheyne to slow them down to kill them out of the race.... because they're simply doing so well and racing so fast.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2009, 01:34:35 AM »
 B:)

Teams fortunate enough to avoid the surprise elimination and compete for the $ 1 million prize will face the "Switchback," which sends Teams back to the site of one of the series' most infamous Roadblocks

For the first time, one team will be booted at the start of the trek, and racers will have to tackle the Switchback, a new twist that sends teams back to one of the series' most challenging "roadblocks." 

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2009, 01:51:56 AM »
I think the Switchback is just another way of saying Roadblock. Meghan's not the only one to become all pissed off while she's working on it. Other RB racers are having trouble.

Maybe it's the way the task is set up. When they first did this, it was 20 clues in the haybales. Maybe there's fewer clues?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2009, 05:11:06 AM »
I think the Switchback is just another way of saying Roadblock. Meghan's not the only one to become all pissed off while she's working on it. Other RB racers are having trouble.

Maybe it's the way the task is set up. When they first did this, it was 20 clues in the haybales. Maybe there's fewer clues?

Because there are fewer teams this time, I think it's only far, if they either reduce the number of haybales, or increase the number of clues. Of course, the Amazing race is never about being fair.

PS: Sweden, the land of gnomes...

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=is%20sweden%20a%20land%20of%20gnomes%3F&w=all&s=int&referer_searched=1
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:14:27 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2009, 06:47:01 AM »

Exactly. Are they the victims of the SwitchBack, which is actually a twist which forces the other team member to complete the Roadblock after the first team member has done it? I can totally see one of those all-male teams using it on Meghan and Cheyne to slow them down to kill them out of the race.... because they're simply doing so well and racing so fast.

If Cheyne does the hay bales the first time and then Meghan, it means a team is ahead of C&M to switch them back.

Maybe the bottom of the gnome holds the "info" for the SwitchBack.  Sam & Dan have the X and do not have to SwitchBack.  Cheyne & Meghan have no X on their gnome and must do the round bales again.  Pure speculation on my part!

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2009, 08:18:02 AM »
What could be the worst thing someone has ever done in their life? I'm feeling a hay bales vibe.

I think it might be Meghan who said this?  Just a hunch! LOL

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2009, 08:52:16 AM »

If Cheyne does the hay bales the first time and then Meghan, it means a team is ahead of C&M to switch them back.

Maybe the bottom of the gnome holds the "info" for the SwitchBack.

But the gnome is an inshow promotion from Travelocity, that's why they are there. I don't expect the gnome to be anything other than a "who gets a trip" prize.

BUT I am still VERY puzzled by why Meghan is choosing this RB to do. As fans of the show, I would expect all of the teams knew exactly what they were getting into when they saw the haybales.

So a new game twist as Joab and gator suggest could be VERY interesting and might explain Meghan's choice (LACK of choice??) in doing this RB. It also gives the TPTB one more shot at having a woman doing this task again, which I am sure they were desperately hoping for.

Viewers have been proposing a new RB twist for sometime, there are whole threads about it across the boards. Maybe TBTB that be finally paid attention??

We do need to remember that at this point that we have NO EVIDENCE that the switchback is anything other than a revisit to an old RB site. But giving that revisit a name {{Switchback}}} that could fit with Detour/Roadblock/U-turn, combined with the very puzzling (to me) fact of Meghan choosing this RB to do when she clearly doesn't need to, is making me think that a NEW RB twist could actually be possible after all.

It will be fun to see how TPTB handle all this!!

And yes, pure speculation, but in the realm of possibility:

IF this is a new game twist.... WHO would be inclined to "Switchback" Meghan and Cheyne??

A panicked Brian/Ericka who are desperately trying to escape last place? the Trotters, who were foreshadowed in Dubai saying we will do ANYTHING it takes to stay in the game?? Dan and Sam getting competitve??

Okay, I am convinced! :funny: I've gone to the dark side! Now I'll be disappointed if it isn't anything but a RB revisit. :lol:

But not as disappointed as I will be if there is no Lena.

edited to add:

Okay, still thinking this through here.

Would be really have a new RB twist  AND a NEL?? Even if the NEL may not have originally been meant for this leg??

More mystery!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:52:43 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2009, 10:15:08 AM »
I'm pretty much convinced that Meghan is doing this because she wanted to, rather than she was forced to do this, which leads to poor decision making on their part.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »

Aww Well, maybe Cheyne did it the first time and found the rotten clue that now, Meghan had to do it too?  But Cheyne looked so pretty at the roadblock watching Meghan. Looked like he hadn't done a 'blasted' thing!  Which brings me to... I wonder if they did the Explosive Detour? They were the only team NOT shown in the promo's and commercials.  So, either they did something else, or they got there before anyone else and were gone before anyone else or they suffered a terrible fate, yield? OR they were the very last to arrive...

However, the way the teams have talked recently, I think they would all like to see the Trotters gone and if they had a chance to use a yield, it would be on them?  JMO

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2009, 10:59:50 AM »
Maybe Cheyne has bad allergies and thats why Meghan choose to do the Roadblock? Or its just that she likes being in control? 

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
Maybe Cheyne has bad allergies and thats why Meghan choose to do the Roadblock? Or its just that she likes being in control? 

That very possible puddin!  Allergies!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »

OMG! :faint:

Now I am all muddled again, lol!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2009, 11:49:15 AM »

I'm still hoping for a Roadblock twist because if we have a U-TURN which sends a team back to do a U-TURN, then a Switchback which forces the other team member to complete the task would be a great idea. But i think i'm probably looking into too much, because they will probably tell and explain to the viewers about the new twist like when the U-TURN was first introduced. Maybe some of the producers read our comments posted and will incorporate our ideas into the race next season... :funny:

OFFTOPIC: I'm starting to miss Intersections. :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2009, 02:49:37 PM »
UGH I hated the intersections! Cow lips ewwwwwww

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »

Maybe Meghan decided to do it to honor the sisters
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
I will offer my hypothesis on why Meghan is doing a known potentially difficult ROADBLOCK. The answer is the ROADBLACK BALANCE RULE, which says that there is a maximum in ROADBLOCKS that Cheyne can do. I have never found out what the magic formula is, but I believe that it will result in maybe 7 Cheyne to 4 for Meghan (they have one less in total than other teams due to the FAST FORWARD). With the uncertainties of the last 4 legs ahead, they could be setting their team up to have Cheyne do all the remaining 4 Roadblocks. Or Meghan could do all but one of them. That kind of flexibility is invaluable in the upcoming most competitive legs of AR15. They will be thinking that they will need it to compete against the Globetrotters or Sam/Dan.

Let me move on to the related subject of the number of bales to expect. I think that the relative proportions of clues in the bales to remaining racers will be maintained. There were 270 bales in AR6, ep.3, 20 clues, and 9 racers competing. This time there are 5 racers competing, which scales down to 150 bales and 11 clues if they want the relative conditions to be the same. Remember that all teams except Lena and Kristy had little trouble with this ROADBLOCK. It became epic only because Lena apparently missed a number of clues in her bales (which could happen again). I think Cheyne and Meghan are gambling that Meghan, who appears to be a fairly strong and athletic type, will be able to handle it.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2009, 03:48:13 PM »
I agree with apskip.  I think Meghan does the roadblock because 1) she thinks she can handle it no problem, and 2) you never know what the RB's will be down the road, so pick 1 now that she feels confident in and have the freedom for her to be able to skip any future ones that may be even worse.

Peach also said that the eye witnessed thought that the amusement park was the detour.  He/she may have been confused by hearing the teams mention Detour when reading the next clue.  Wouldn't they get the clue after the gnome, stating DETOUR...go to point A for this task  OR go to point B for that task?  And the fact that they said that there very few detours, there is usually one each leg of the race, so maybe another indication of some confusion on the witnesses part.

And regarding the speedbump this week....Just Kiddin' Puddin'!!    :funny:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »
Puddin, did you notice that these images are recycled from Season 6?     (:;)

Check out this from slowhatch  (season 6 vid cap on left):

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders