Author Topic: Celebrity Apprentice 3  (Read 20592 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 09:52:28 AM »
How catty things got with the women  last nite! :meow:  The women are just scratching at the surface of drama! Holly gives off a vibe even i can feel thru the screen! even though i think she's great. I don't think she knows how to release the controling part of herself. It may just do her in!

I'm glad Sharon is back. Holly bitching about her getting special treatment is true! She does have another show with NBC so i doubt very much if Donald would fire her  unless it ws to do with a task as project manager. but holly for pete's sake stop your gripping! :groan:

IT'S FOR CHARITY! tsk tsk tsk!

OK sooo Bretttttttt shoulda been fired. he took control and ran with it. goldburg really didn't do anything overly productive and  that was his downfall! when he let trump know he didn't!  :res:

TRUMP! he seemed drunk or something! he was talking about  the ladies photo shoot package to trace and  asked if he was a "skin guy" when trace said no everyone seemed to be uncomfortable in the board room.  then trump went onto to make some more uncomfortable "men type" jokes to which only he got the giggles from. Like i said he musta been drunk or something!! :iok:

so trump throws solid rock a bone next week by splitting up the teams.  I'm sure a cat fight will result from this with Cindy and Holly! :meow:

WTG Cindy!   :jumpy: you rocked it out!  and what a great singer  she had to work with!! :tup:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
I thought I recalled, back in the first episode, when they show scenes of boardrooms, tasks, bla bla bla, and in one boardroom scene which was Goldberg seemingly getting pissed off at Cyndi while Cyndi says 'I'm saving you' or something like that. I can't recall that happening in any of the episodes though? Maybe I forgot, but if so can anyone clarify?

And final 7 already. Wow. And yah they had better switch it up. Poor men.  :groan:

As for today's episode, Maria, that stare when Emily gets her photoshoot...really, really scared me. Her statement about 'idols ruined' also got way beyond personal. It's business, you can't get personal. But still, wow, harsh. I still love Cyndi but she really needs to start being able to stay put and listen for a few minutes, even seconds. That would've been appreciated. Surely what we saw on TV is not how she's done her job, right? Hope it's the power of editing, then.

Sharon is back, yay!! Miss her voice and judgement!

The task was unique. I really liked it. And I feel I've heard/seen the name Emily West before.  ??? Anyway, cool task.  :tup:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
I missed 5 episodes. I'm nearly caught up but wow! What happened to the men?  :ascared :lol:

Loved last night's episode. Sharon should have let Bret call for money as well. Rocksolid's routine was great and looked like a lot of fun.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 08:13:49 PM »
Just a fun fact: Bret Michaels has been on Yahoo.com's 'TRENDING NOW' section (right hand side on homepage) for almost 2-3 weeks I think, possibly more? And right now he's at number 2 as we speak, and the other subjects there weren't there regularly, but I ALWAYS (except once) see Bret Michaels on that list!! Is the Apprentice increasing his popularity?

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
poor Summer :'(

She didn't have it in her to throw Curtis to the wolves.. even though she delegated work she still did alot of work!

From what we got to see as viewers it seemed like Curtis was just hanging around with limited constructive suggestions thru the task.

on the other hand i can't believe she didn't use both Holly and Cyndi in a more productive manor- collaboration as  opposed to letting them do their own thing.

I felt bad for Cyndi having lost her voice. I'm sure that put concern on Summer's choices as well.

It was too funny when they were in the board room and Cyndi was talking about Ben Franklin :lol3:  but I think this has become a really a bad showing on the editors. Seems like they are taking the brilliant creativeness of Cyndi and MOCKING HER and this isn't the first time!

I do not like the underhanded talking from the others regarding Cyndi. oddly enough it's just what Cyndi said she's  not in HS anymore. I wonder how she feels now that she's watching  what we are watching? :(

HANG IN THERE CYNDI!! :hearts: I love your genuineness

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
I don't like her (Cindi) editing either. Or the way she has been treated by Summer and Holly, as if she's an imbecile that needs to be kept locked in the closet.

I think it will be a Sharon/Holly finale. Bret being sent back to the Tenacity team sort of solidifies it for me. Either Bret will outdo Holly or he's gone. At least that's the way I see it.  :umn:  :lol: 

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 01:25:58 AM »
Personally I have had enough of Holly.  She should have been fired tonight.  Her style was what the judges didn't like.  Although I like her charity the most.   :duno:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 08:43:01 AM »
UH oh!! I hear that truck beeping sound!!  oh wait that was a CRASH!!

Poor Cyndi!! she said it all along that it was just like HS.  :meow:

Holly is a CONTROL FREAK!! she complains that Cyndi never listened to anything anyone had to say while she was PM but what does Holly do 2x's??? yeah NOT LISTEN!! It would have been smart game play for Holly to say " hey lets go along with Cyndi's idea's this way IF it flops she will be sent packing."(which she was anyway) and then she would have seen that Cyndi's creativeness would have brought her more $$ for her charity and possibly some respect  at how she interprets Cyndi as a whole.

I really feel that even though Cyndi was "told" she can have the red room, the way we got to see it(editing)the room was completely ALL OF CYNDI's ideas! i.e.  the disco balls to which Holly was SOOOOOOOO against.

again poor Cyndi.. :'(  I now appreciate you more now  than before and woman you were already on top! :tup:

Bret.. you sat there like a whipped husband! :ugot  not getting involved. stick by your words man!!(btw hope you are feeling better :D)

ok Sharon and Maria are just fickle with their  likes and dislikes of people!! they are actually making me dizzy with how often they change thier minds and attitudes towards people!! :iok

Curtis i think you pulled out your magic hat and  charmed the women! wtg!  :yess:
I wonder what will happen next week with a double elimination!!  :wohoo:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:58:30 AM by ugot2bekidinmeny »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »
Cyndi was thrown under a two ton bus and run over several times.

Whipped husband!    Perhaps he was thinking when your enemies are destroying each other, get out of the way.  :lol3:

I don't like Holly, she's slick though, I give her that. She is extremely talented in taking credit and covering her rear end doing it. She told Cyndi to paint the room red and Cyndi tells Trump this and that's a reason to be fired? More like an excuse. She should have been the one fired. The apartment was cluttered and the colors were all over the place, especially the green walls and discordant green throw pillow on the bed.  :colors 

RockSolid's rooms were more contemporary and expensive. The celeb room was blah though.

Who do we think final 2? I'm certain that Sharon will be a finalist. Is Maria the woman Bill Rancic says has lost her fire? Bret and Curtis have performed well, do they get fired?

A comment about Sharon. I think she has a gift for working with people as she did with Cyndi, Curtis and Bret. Bringing out the best in them.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »
I really think Trump made the wrong decision this week.

The judges rated the Zen Den best, not because of the color of the walls, but because of the entire concept, which was Cyndi's.

Tenacity lost for two main reasons, according to the judges.  The biggest failure was the choice of sea foam green for the master bedroom.  The second reason was the whole rest of the color scheme and the cheap look of the apartment.  All of this should have fallen squarely on Holly's shoulders.

That said, Bret probably stands a better chance working with Holly next week, than if he had to work with Cyndi alone. (I guess they're not working together next week.)

It was good to see Curtis working well with Sharon and Maria.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:52:23 PM by chill_sd »

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »
Cyndi was thrown under a two ton bus and run over several times.

Whipped husband!    Perhaps he was thinking when your enemies are destroying each other, get out of the way.  :lol3:

I don't like Holly, she's slick though, I give her that. She is extremely talented in taking credit and covering her rear end doing it. She told Cyndi to paint the room red and Cyndi tells Trump this and that's a reason to be fired? More like an excuse. She should have been the one fired. The apartment was cluttered and the colors were all over the place, especially the green walls and discordant green throw pillow on the bed.  :colors 

RockSolid's rooms were more contemporary and expensive. The celeb room was blah though.

Who do we think final 2? I'm certain that Sharon will be a finalist. Is Maria the woman Bill Rancic says has lost her fire? Bret and Curtis have performed well, do they get fired?

A comment about Sharon. I think she has a gift for working with people as she did with Cyndi, Curtis and Bret. Bringing out the best in them.

My guess:
5th: Curtis
4th: Maria (or Maria & Curtis swap)
3rd: Bret
F2: Sharon vs. Holly
Holly shoe-in, unless Joan uses her magic and compares her to Annie in terms of her plays in editing-wise. You know, big money, enemy with Cyndi, who seemed like half of Joan this season, the other half being Sharon. Sharon would be questioned of her inactivity, but fights hard for her spot, while Maria's probably the guy commented as 'lost fire', being held back by personalities and not being the most serious of the bunch. Curtis will be the easiest out as he has done very little, too UTR for their liking. Bret has been just recently questioned about his activeness, and that's usually a bad thing in this situation. So, they will fire him for that.

I would be fine either Bret, Sharon, or Holly won. Or even Maria. Those four, along with Cyndi, have been my faves. <3

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
Holly and Bret!   :wohoo:  wow and Holly got Curtis and sneaky Maria!!  :lol:

I hope bret pulls it together before  it's too late. :duno: but if anyone has come from behind the eight ball it's Bret!

Poor Sharon..  :'( :'( it's soo hard to watch her fight for her charity and still hold her head up  with having cancer and  all.  She just emotionally lost it. too bad. it would have been fun to watch her and holly duke it out!

next week will be fun to watch! :jumpy:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »
I can't wait!! What a great season this has been. No wonder Trump was on TV saying he hoped Bret would recover and be able to attend the finale. I didn't see the finale with Bret but he has done well and I expect his commercial to be great like the last one. Every year there seems to be a clinker for someone to deal with and this time it's a dolly. I am betting he will find one in order to shoot the way he wants it to be.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 06:59:40 PM »
I wonder if Brett will only be on camera from the hospital.  Can't image he will make the finale.  Boy has life dealt him some tough blows lately.  I hope they can fix his heart and this is the end of his health problems for awhile.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 07:13:57 PM »
You're right bee! He's had another setback, a hole in the heart.

Bret Michaels Hospitalized for Heart Problems

Originally posted May 20th 2010 2:40 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Bret MichaelsBret Michaels was rushed back to the hospital this week where doctors claim they found a "hole in the heart."

According to Bret's rep, the singer was complaining about "numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands."

After a series of tests, doctors concluded that Michaels had suffered a "Transient Ischemic Attack -- more commonly referred to as a "warning stroke."

During the tests, the doctors say they found that Bret had a Patent Forum Ovale -- which is essentially a hole in the heart.

Doctors say Bret's condition is "operable and treatable." The docs also don't believe the "warning stroke" is related to Bret's brain hemorrhage.

Bret will be treated with outpatient care -- which includes a daily injection of a blood thinner.

Bret's rep also notes that the singer is in "good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK."

The rep concludes, "He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/20/bret-michaels-hospitalized-heart-hole-warning-stroke/#ixzz0oc22H8oD

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »
More:

Michaels to attend `Celebrity Apprentice' finale
The Associated Press
Published: Friday, May 21, 2010 at 2:43 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, May 21, 2010 at 2:43 p.m.

Bret Michaels is expected to attend the season finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice" despite suffering what doctors called a warning stroke earlier this week.

His publicist, Joann Mignano, said the rocker is receiving outpatient care and will be in in New York on Sunday for the season's final episode of the NBC show.

Mignano previously confirmed Michaels had been diagnosed with a patent foramen ovale, or hole in the heart.

Doctors said the condition is operable and treatable and likely unrelated to the brain hemorrhage he suffered last month.

The 47-year-old, rocker-reality TV star was hospitalized this week after experiencing numbness on the left side of his body, particularly in his face and hands.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100521/APE/1005210722

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:50 AM »
I am so happy, Bret being able to attend the finale and better yet, winning. I thought he had the better commercial and even if the Trumps don't realize it, a lot of people drink diet beverages.

:hearts: 

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 08:26:07 AM »
CONGRATS BRET!!!!! :wohoo: I'm glad you won!

I think both holly and bret deserve it. and  snappled  must have too since they donated 250g's to each of thier charities!!

this puts Holly as the highest charity funds reciever of all time with over 1/2 mil!!

they both are winners in my book!!! :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »
My hubby noticed that Bret was limping when he entered the set last night. I really hope he recovers fully.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:02 PM »
Yeah he was limping, :'(  and all those break away teasers they had of him prior to his entrance .. i was like boy he's not looking that great.. but he pulled thru it! I think all of the support gave him energy and spirit!

This morning on the Today Show he stayed seated  but he still looked drained., Happy!! but drained..

he said he's going on tour but he's going to take it one day at a time and see how he feels.

what a trooper! :tup:

On another note.. boy did Cyndi rock it out last nite! love her new song!! ♫ ♫ ♫  :jumpy:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »
Yeah he was limping, :'(  and all those break away teasers they had of him prior to his entrance .. i was like boy he's not looking that great.. but he pulled thru it! I think all of the support gave him energy and spirit!

This morning on the Today Show he stayed seated  but he still looked drained., Happy!! but drained..

he said he's going on tour but he's going to take it one day at a time and see how he feels.

what a trooper! :tup:

On another note.. boy did Cyndi rock it out last nite! love her new song!! ♫ ♫ ♫  :jumpy:

Now that's just asking for trouble, going on tour right now. He needs to have surgery to fix the hole in his heart. I knew Bret had it when Ivanka gave the "Thanks for the good job Holly" speech.

Loved Cindi's song and laying on the table in front of The Donald was hilarious.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »
As a major contributor to this thread, I am way behind with my recaps. However, I should finally catch up this week. I will offer two of them that are already done today and the other 4 later this week.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:39:01 AM by apskip »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
Excellent! Thanks apskip. I wondered where you were.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »
CA3 ep. 5 Shooting with the Stars

Selita gets to present the $20K check for Shine a Light on Sierra Leone. Sharon is still out sick. Trump asks Michael how it feels to have lost rod from Rock Solid. Michael attempts to restrain his glee, but can’t quite pull it off. He was embarrassed by rod and happy to see him gone.

Michael announces to Trump on-camera (as he had certainly done so prior off-camera) that he has to return home immediately due to unspecified personal issues. Trump makes absolutely clear what happens by stating that Michael will not be allowed to return to the competition at any later time if he voluntarily withdraws. Michael says he understands. Trump wishes him well. One of the potential finalists for CA3 has removed himself from the field and weakened Rock Solid as a team. Bret revealed that his daughter is being tested for diabetes, which he has had since childhood, and that he is anguishing over this so his ability to focus is limited. Bret stated that he doesn’t want his daughter to be a diabetic like himself.  Curtis assured him that his teammates are there for him and they proved it throughout this task by allowing him unusual space. Bret admitted that “the task saved me; it took my mind off my daughter.”

The task for this episode is to market Right Guard deodorant’s new Total Defense product with advertising copy and separate 30 second and 10 second videos that will be a TV commercial and a viral Internet ad. Trump introduces it on a basketball court and says that Clyde Drexler and Scotty Pippen, two NBA greats from the past, will be working with the teams. Trump then took a foul shot and made it (how many takes did that require?). One by one, the individuals attempt to match him. Holly came close but it rimmed out. Maria steps up in her 4 inch heels and swishes the shot for $10K for Holly’s charity.  

Curtis volunteered to be Project Manager. Holly was PM for Tenacity. Both teams get right to it, as Drexler and Pippen both have to leave soon for other commitments. Curtis asked Michael for the team that Drexler, who was selected by Rock Solid, played for. Michael says it was the Houston Rockets. The initial Rock Solid photo shoot of Drexler with two young African American boys and a basketball is very funny. Cyndi missed the first day as a result of being at the White House with President Obama but she did call in (although that annoyed Holly). Tenacity came up with the theme “Funky Godfather” with one boy having an underarm odor that is wiped out when his funky godfather places the product on his armpits. This is labeled by the boy’s mother as “his first moment in funk.” Ew! Do the women really think this is going to be a winner? It’s all about the mom (what a surprise!) and not really about the boy. The women say that is reasonable since the mom makes the Purchasing decision.

Cyndi is questioned by her teammates when he decides to overdub the jingle that Holly had composed and sang for the TV ad. Cyndi says that “I just happen to have worked in my field for 20 to 30 years” as qualifications for doing what she did. There are aspiring singers on her team, especially Holly who was upset, but none of them has experience at the same level as Cyndi in music.

The teams make formal presentations to Eric and Dan from Right Guard, who were judging the videos and viral ad copy for their company, and to Trump, Ivanka and George. Eric and Dan tell the women that the focus should have been on the male 12 to 18 year old age bracket. They were also criticized for Holly’s decision necessitated by inadequate time management of their task to use some of the same footage from their TV video in their shorter viral ad video. They looked pretty much the same to me and right Guard wanted them to be quite different. The men’s ad did not get a lot of public comment at that point. Trump in the Boardroom tells the teams that he considered the Men’s video to be the funnier. Ivanka added that the Men’s presentation was phenomenal and that they had done a very good job. George stated that it was original, with good physical comedy. Since the Right Guard executives chose Rock Solid as the winners the final outcome is now clear. Curtis has won $20K for his charity Feeding America and Tenacity will stay in the Boardroom for a difficult session with Trump.

Trump started by asking whose idea the jingle was? Holly stepped up and said it was hers. Trump says that the Right Guard execs loved it.  Trump always wants to know who the weakest link on a team was. Maria stated that Selita wasn’t in the right place when needed, the classic throw-her-under-the-bus move from Mari's wrestling days. Although this was true there were extenuating circumstances so it should not have made a difference. Selita defended herself by saying she was organizing information, but the truth was that she had volunteered to be Pippen’s Go-For person. Trump stated he does not intend to fire either Cyndi or Holly, making it clear that it will be Summer, Maria or Selita. He asked Holly what she thought. She responded that there was a glitch by either Maria or Selita at the end of the CD that had cost precious time, which prevented her from doing her best good on the final presentation script. Goldberg in the Rock Solid lounge stated that Holly is not going down on this one. Trump gives the understatement of CA3 by telling Cyndi that she apparently does not like Holly. Summer is asked by Trump for an opinion on whom he should fire. She responded that Holly was the strongest (meaning I won't tell you whether it was Maria or Selita). Trump revealed that Cyndi’s participation had been too marginal to warrant her being at risk. He then released Cyndi and Summer from the Boardroom.

Someone, I think Ivanka, noted that Selita apparently had little energy (note that this is the kiss of death preceding the coup de grace). Trump questioned all three women briefly and then stated that Holly was strong, tough and smart and Maria was the same. He told Selita that description does not fit her and for that reason he was firing her. Was that fair? I don’t think the reason was valid because Selita had a different (quieter, but equally effective most of the time) style than the others. Cyndi has high apparent energy level but her disorganization causes a lot of unnecessary conflict as her team responds to it. I would have attempted to find out more by questioning Summer on what she contributed if I were Trump.

I have to interject that the conflict between Holly and Cyndi is raw and obvious to the viewer. Are we being set up for a Cyndi/Holly finale? Trump (or is it Mark Burnett?) certainly likes to pit the two individuals who hate each other most against each other in a finale. However, in order to that to happen Cyndi has to make it to the finale. Her competition is too talented and organized for her to prevail over them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:48:48 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 09:35:22 AM »
CA3, ep. 6 Music Makeover

Curtis is cooking at the NYC Rescue Mission with Clyde Drexler as his sous chef gets to present a $20K check to the director of Feeding America, his charity. Drexler surprises the audience with a matching $20,000 check from Right Guard. Due to their exceptional efficiency and volunteers for the labor parts of creating meals, the food purchased with $40,000 will serve 280,000 meals.

Trump, Donald Jr. and Trace Adkins (distinctive with his 6’7” height and black hat) arrive and face off with the remaining competitors. You can anticipate that there must be music in the air if Trace is there. Trump notices that Sharon has not rejoined Tenacity yet, although I believe that this is all being stage managed and they know exactly when Sharon will be ready to return. Trump notes that the setting is the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame Annex. He states that he expects Cyndi Lauper and Bret Michaels to end up in a music hall of fame one day. The task is to take an up-and-coming young country song artist and give him/her a makeover, creating promotional materials and leading to a live performance in which the degree of forward progress made by that artist under the tutelage of the Tenacity and Rock Solid celebrities will be assessed. Cyndi Lauper is the obvious choice for the women’s Project Manager and Bret is the obvious choice for the men, but Goldberg wants to win some money for his charity and feels obligated to take a turn at being PM. This will create clear issues since the music expert on Rock Solid is Bret. Summer notes that Tenacity is no longer a cohesive group. Holly accuses Cyndi of preventing the members of Tenacity from asking questions, ironic since Cyndi has earned the reputation of being the individual wanting to ask a million questions.

The artists to be enhanced are Emily West and Luke Bryan. Both artists are personable and passionate, but it turns out that somebody in casting erred in selecting them since neither of them is really an up-and-coming country music singer, as they both have “been around the block” and have a track record of performances going back years. Luke in fact was winning two awards at the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards show on 4/19/10 while this episode of Celebrity Apprentice 3 was competing against it. Emily has much less previous career development.

The first step is determining which team gets which artist to work with. Tenacity wants Emily based on her music performance style and her personality being a good fit for them. Rock Solid has Bret make phone calls on which one is better and the answer Bret comes back with is there are about the same. Rock Solid elects to “give the ladies what they want” as Goldberg puts it by allowing them to take Emily and having the men work with Luke. As Goldberg puts it, “I don’t like negotiating with people I can’t beat up.”

This has one immediate side-effect, which is that when Luke turns up at their work quarters, he is exactly the same shirt size as Curtis. This gives Rock Solid an instant wardrobe edge. However, Luke also expresses a desire for minimal makeover as he is comfortable with who he is rather than an aspiring person (like Emily) who wants to be different. Luke is typed by his team as an Elvis/Gomer Pyle combination. 

The judging criteria play a key role in how the workload is divided up. The factors are promotional materials to create an image (meaning that at least one team member should be dedicated to that), makeover (meaning that at least one should take charge of the wardrobe decisions and makeup) and coaching preparation for future stardom (meaning that someone has to improve the artist’s profile and ability to work with the press/publicity types). Goldberg sends Curtis out to shop, does some miscellaneous work himself and leaves Bret to handle the image/promotional materials and coaching issues, but also in complete creative charge of the entire project. Bret sees his main challenge to get Luke out of his comfort zone by trying out new concepts and ideas.

Cyndi appeared to be personally responsible for everything Tenacity did. As was typical, she demonstrated no respect for any of her team except Sharon (who has just returned from illness). She used the disparaging term “young ‘uns” to refer to Maria, Holly and Summer. Cyndi assigned Maria to redo Emily’s hairstyle according to a 1950s photo of Brigitte Bardot. Holly kept her head down and focused on the promotional materials. I think that the best exchange of this episode came as a result of “young ‘uns” attempt at a makeover came up with Emily looking many years older. Cyndi on observing the results commented “You air brushed her? You spray painted this kid. She's twentysomething. You don't spray paint them. You spray the old buzzards, not the kids.'' Absolutely right on. One of the things I really hate to see is a beautiful woman like Maria Kanellis way overpainted with lipstick and makeup. When she is just looking normal with minimal “enhancement” Maria is totally stunning. With enhancements, I have to look away.

Trace Adkins comes to evaluate the progress of Tenacity. He notes a lot of dissension on that team. As he leaves he tells Sharon that she has to be careful about the man she works with on a daily basis. For those who don’t get the joke, that is Trace’s bitter rival Piers Morgan, not Ozzie Osbourne.

There is a Photo Shoot for Luke between 4pm and 5pm. The makeup artist arrives but Bret knows Goldberg and Curtis were returning late and stalled for time. Everything that needed to be done supposedly was under Bret’s direction. The most that Luke was willing to change was the placement of a chain around his neck to lighten him up. Goldberg did repeat the mantra “Smile.” often throughout the Photo Shoot.

The makeover of Emily proceeds with the final attire all-black, a new look for her and a fairly successful one for the mournful song she will be singing in performance. Maria feels that Cyndi has made all the decisions without taking any input from her team. Summer states that Cyndi is the PM and has the ultimate authority, so why worry about what is clearly within the accepted practices of Celebrity Apprentice behavior (PM railroading their team). Sharon says that Cyndi’s leadership was disorganized (do I hear the second coming of Bret Michaels?) but it did get things finished as needed.

Maria did the coaching of Emily on how to be interviewed. When Cynthia Sanz of People magazine interviewed her, she did well. Bret knew from observation that Luke was looking very tired after a long day’s work when his turn to be interviewed came, so he coached him to admit that up front and still smile. Luke did OK. He even got on a recent cover of People Country magazine, which I attribute partially to his CA3 exposure.

The judging team for the live performance of Emily’s “Blue Sky” and Luke’s “Rain Is a Good Thing” consisted of a, Cynthia Sanz and a disc jockey. I found both performances to be highly polished, even though I strongly prefer the type of music Luke was singing.

In the boardroom, the fact that the women won the Makeover and the Men the Promotional Materials was quickly established. That left the change/image question to decide which team won. Trump wanted to go off on a tangent about how Bret should have put Luke in a bandanna, but Trace Atkins intervened and told Trump “Enough already about the bandanna.” He is one of the few people that have the guts to attempt to shut Trump up.

Trump initially questioned Tenacity about their roles. The conflicts between Maria and Cyndi came out in sharp contrast. Cyndi admitted that Maria was starting to get on her nerves.  Maria got the last word by stating that her image of her childhood idol Cyndi Lauper had been shattered. Holly and Cyndi have equally serious conflicts that I am sure we will see in future episodes. Poor Summer has been laying low, so we don’t really know what she thinks about Cyndi’s overall style.

Donald Jr. asked if the women took their change campaign far enough. Trace states that Emily sang the way she always sings. So as an audience member at this point, which team do you think won? Most should say Rock Solid. However, it is all a misdirection play. Tenacity actually won because Luke changed his image very little and I would agree that Emily changed it more. The women are dismissed as Cyndi won $20K plus a royalty form the sale of the records “Blue Rain” and

So, it’s Goldberg, Bret and Curtis who actually are at risk. Trump quickly dismisses Curtis as not being central to this episode’s tasks, so would it be Goldberg the PM or Bret the creative genius who makes mistakes who will pay the price? Goldberg loses credibility by initially saying 95% of the creative direction came from Bret, the later he says 85%, then even later he says 70%. Which was it, Goldberg? There was lengthy discussion of how Goldberg should never have allowed himself to be PM on a task where someone else would be in creative control.  Trump got Goldberg to admit that he made the wrong decision in stepping up as PM. For those prevarications plus the fact that occasionally the losing PM should go down with the ship, Trump decided to fire Goldberg. I felt that was quite fair although Bret Michaels is the original cat with 9 lives.