Author Topic: TAR15 EP7:"This is Not My Finest Hour" (The Netherlands)  (Read 94443 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR15 EP7:"This is Not My Finest Hour" (The Netherlands)
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
Dutch's maps show exactly where he heard the dancing was I believe??

:groan:  ummm... all the pictures of that area show an empty field or trees.  Perhaps Dutch also saw the racers build and erect the structure they eventually dance in.    :colealert: :lol:  Look about 100 yards to the east.

Boingo: this is the picture I was referring to, where Dutch marked both the Farmers Golf and the Dancing for us. While the Golf is an an empty field, I think the dance area is not??

I am no where near as good at GE as you are, but I was wondering if this building where Dutch marked could possibly actually be the dance hall? But I can't get a side view so :duno:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2009, 08:44:33 PM »
 :groan:  ... it's deja vu all over again...  check out post #182 again, peach.  All will be revealed.  Dutch's dance "blob" is pointing to a open field.  Post #182 answers everything.  Let's move on...please. :waves:

Sorry to be off topic, look what you get (see pix below) when you Google Images with the keywords "vierhuizen museum".   :funny: :lol:   .....it's speading like a virus, I tell you....   :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
:lol: I'm guessing that the dance task takes place in one of these buildings... probably not the one with the horsey.. :funny:

can you show us where this is on a map please Boingo??

If by chance it is on Nittersweg, then it may be part of the campground de Rousant, which also has a winery.

Sorry if I may have overlooked the map. ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »

Belltower
Windmill to get bikes and clothing
Strongman RB?
Something to do with water?
Detours- dance or golf
pitstop
I agree they might have to ride their bikes to the pitstop  .. or do they swim  :lol: ? or is their water of something connected to the golf detour? Do the boys look wet?

How about the dancing in a building at the bottom of the wind mill?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2009, 02:13:37 PM »
Back to the Roadblock question.

I keep coming back to the fact that Dutch said that the racers went here after the bicycles but before moving on to the Dance/Golf tasks...
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20966.msg484730.html#msg484730

So what is here??

It appears to be the end of the quay...lots of boats, lots of water...

Given that Dutch says they stayed here a long time, I want us to look at this as a possible RB site.

What could the task be??

I'll go out on a limb :funny: and propose that it could be on or in a boat...or better yet, on or in the water!! :yess:

What if the strongman stuff is at the three buildings (orange roofs) next to each other in the picture above?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »

How about the dancing in a building at the bottom of the wind mill?

No, the dance hall has been found by Boingo :jumpy: and is posted upstream, it is in the area Dutch pinpointed for us .

And that strongman building may be a typical farmhouse architecture  (backside)....so could be anywhere between Vierhuizen and Zoutkamp. Remember that Dutch was there at the harbor, he might have known if there was a task that could have been seen there. I wonder about something near the windmill for that though...maybe that is why Maria and Tiffany come back??  or perhaps at the campground itself. Still not clear in my mind what sort of task it is though.

RB could of course be possible but seems a wimpy task for a RB.....and I do really  believe that something IN or ON the water will be involved somehow for the RB.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »
A couple of things that I have been trying to piece together from previous posts here...
I know earlier posts were discussing the possibility of the teams getting there in the early evening and doing the Bell tower first, then the next morning doind the bikes & detours.  I would assume that would mean a 24 hour pit stop?  Would that work in regards to the spoiler from the girl (Steffi?) in Dubai?
Have we totally ruled out the Bell tower as the roadblock?  We see Ericka doing it, but not Brian, so could this possibly be the roadblock?
Has it been totally ruled out that the comp at the end of the quay isn't the strongman comp?
Thanks, just trying to get it all sorted out in my head.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2009, 05:16:34 PM »
littlewop,

Peach's inside information has already settled the question of the pit stop legnth. It is a 36 hour pit stop in the Netherlands before flying to Stockholm.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: October 31, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »
I'd also like to know if the teams arrived on the 23th or 30th, if the bell tower comes first, is a general task to get route info or departure times the next morning? Why does it appear Brian is not helping Ericka, rather hes comforting her.
We know at the mill there is a cluebox and this is where the teams get their clothing and bikes
Bike to the strongman? is that the roadblock? we see Maria (her turn) and Herb (his turn) doing this task. It can't be at the end of the quay, theres nothing there.
Then we know the detours are golf == Cheyne/ assumes Meghan  & Dan/Sam
Dance, Herb/Nate and maybe Gary/Matt as we see them in the dutch clothing in their pitstop confessional.

If there is something with water does it have something to do with the golf detour? go to the end of the quay and get to the other side of the harbor to golf?

Again this is the end of the quay

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: October 31, 2009, 06:18:23 PM »
littlewop,

Peach's inside information has already settled the question of the pit stop legnth. It is a 36 hour pit stop in the Netherlands before flying to Stockholm.

I was referring to the Dubai pitstop.  Some have speculated that they arrive at night, do the bell tower, then the bikes the next day.  If Meg/Chey are realeased at 12 hours, they should arrive in the morning.  If they don't arrive until late afternoon, early evening, it would most likely be a 24 hour pitstop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2009, 06:47:03 PM »
Best picture I have seen of that puddin!! :hearts:

Littlewop, my best guess is that Dubai 2 is a non-standard pitstop, perhaps 16-18 hours?? But that is a guess. TPTB don't hold to a 12 hour one much anymore.

And nothing is confirmed as to what exactly the Bell Tower is...again, a guess is that this is a spot a something (gnome??) for best AM departure time to Vierhuizen/Zoutkamp.

And the task at the quay is spec also. Dutch tells us they "were there for a while". There is nothing much there BUT water and boats, Dan/Sam are wet...ergo>>possible task in the water.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »
Okay...I sent this picture to Dutch earlier. He agreed with the possible farmhouse/barn idea, which Boingo proposed here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20966.msg488805.html#msg488805
which fits with my limited but firsthand Dutch farmhouse knowledge :funny:

Just heard back again, he has apparently shown the pic to friends and

someone I know thinks it is at de Rousant.

Since we know that is where the dance is....Idea only...if this is listed as a Braderie (fair), then maybe dance is only a part of the task? Dance+strongman+/- something else?? Maybe the team member dressed as the man (Maria) does the Strongman thing and the one dressed as a woman does _____.  :duno:  Really, have no idea where/how this fits in.

It would be wonderful if we could match the back of the dance hall or the main rousant building with this...but I can't find anything conclusive and I spent a whole day looking. If anybody wants to help look...try de rousant camping or winery, or camping Zoutkamp and go from there.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:08:12 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »
This is Boingo's pic of the dance hall location, which seems to be at the De Rousant address. There are several buildings which could fit the angled roofline there (both front or back sides), even if we can't see the white soffit thing from this angle.

Just a possibility, others can analyze the photos far better than I can!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »
It makes sense to keep the Braderie close to the Boerengolf in case teams want to switch. As far as the starting times go, why not hand them out at the church (kerk)? Production has done it before.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2009, 07:21:51 PM »
Church is good too! :hearts: But then what was Ericka doing up the BellTower in Groningen?? ???

Gosh, we have a wealth of tasks this time!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2009, 07:50:21 PM »
From Slowhatch's link, so thats what these are?  :groan:

De Rousant:

Sanitary facilities are widely scattered over the grounds!

What would you say of the two life-size zeeboeien, Which is part of the ever Marshall, the Netherlands in 1947 helped to his feet.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
Yes, you've got it.  :jam: Click on the panoview and go to campground 4. It's a sandbar between two of those rocket-ship toilets.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »
From this link , which links to us!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
Yes, you've got it.  :jam: Click on the panoview and go to campground 4. It's a sandbar between two of those rocket-ship toilets.
Oh what fun Slowhatch! I totally missed that pano!  :jam:
http://www.panoview.nl/vekabo/rousant/

Maybe the same maybe not, saw it in my travels, haha
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 08:48:16 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2009, 09:10:46 PM »
I've spun that pano till I am dizzy...but JUST superzoomed.

Any chance THIS is our strongman challenge house?? From campground 2:  In the pano you can zoom in much closer...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »
 :badhorse:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #221 on: October 31, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »
I just have to say, I am in awe of your detective abilities folks.  I can barely find my street on Google map, and y'all can search out specific buildings across the globe.  My hats off to you!

:jam:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2009, 12:50:40 AM »
From Slowhatch's link, so thats what these are?  :groan:

De Rousant:

Sanitary facilities are widely scattered over the grounds!

What would you say of the two life-size zeeboeien, Which is part of the ever Marshall, the Netherlands in 1947 helped to his feet.
They were built as part of the Marshall plan? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan
Your tax dollars at work...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2009, 01:07:40 AM »
I compiled the videos into 1 ..
Note the sports promo has a scene from last weeks Dubai ....  :meow:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2009, 07:21:22 AM »
We have so much information, yet we will still have surprises when we watch tonight's episode.