Author Topic: TAR15 EP7:"This is Not My Finest Hour" (The Netherlands)  (Read 94886 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP7:"This is Not My Finest Hour" (The Netherlands)
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »
Back to the Roadblock question.

I keep coming back to the fact that Dutch said that the racers went here after the bicycles but before moving on to the Dance/Golf tasks...

Given the confessional pictures of racers in tradition Dutch clothing and pictures of racers wearing the Dutch clothing, I was assuming the bicycle task got the racers to the Pit Stop.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »

I keep coming back to the fact that Dutch said that the racers went here after the bicycles but before moving on to the Dance/Golf tasks...

Given the confessional pictures of racers in tradition Dutch clothing and pictures of racers wearing the Dutch clothing, I was assuming the bicycle task got the racers to the Pit Stop.

Not necessarily, it may just mean that they didn't have to get changed after the tasks. Think about it, if you had the choice of going straight to the Pit Stop or stopping to change clothes first (Belief of already last and NEL penalties notwithstanding) you'd probably go straight there instead of switching outfits.

Then again WRP might just have told them they need to wear those clothes for continuity's sake.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2009, 09:49:01 AM »

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20966.msg484730.html#msg484730

So what is here??

It appears to be the end of the quay...lots of boats, lots of water...

Given that Dutch says they stayed here a long time, I want us to look at this as a possible RB site.

What could the task be??

I'll go out on a limb :funny: and propose that it could be on or in a boat...or better yet, on or in the water!! :yess:
I thought maybe it had to do with the strongman thing that might be the roadblock? We could find that building, I know I've seen it in my travels but will I ever find it again?  :lol:
Could be a water task but then we have 4 tasks?
Belltower
Windmill to get bikes and clothing
Strongman RB?
Something to do with water?
Detours- dance or golf
pitstop
I agree they might have to ride their bikes to the pitstop  .. or do they swim  :lol: ? or is their water of something connected to the golf detour? Do the boys look wet?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
What I see from the RTVNoord video is that teams are riding in costume both into and out of the windmill parking lot. I can spot two teams--Poker and Montana. Montana is riding energetically while Poker seems very casual about it. I get that they would ride out in costume (Tiffany can be seen coming down from the ladies fitting room), but why come back?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2009, 10:05:32 AM »
^^^ Thats been bugging me forever Slowhatch, why do the Poker girls come back? was the video pieced together or was it real time? Did they forget something and have to return?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:10:49 AM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20966.msg484730.html#msg484730

So what is here??

It appears to be the end of the quay...lots of boats, lots of water...

Given that Dutch says they stayed here a long time, I want us to look at this as a possible RB site.

What could the task be??

I'll go out on a limb :funny: and propose that it could be on or in a boat...or better yet, on or in the water!! :yess:

:funny:  according to the photo below, there sure isn't much to do at the end of the quay...  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
Maybe they have to play the golf thru some water, I think the boys look wet here .. what else would make their underwear droop like that? Water weight? they look clingy. Maybe thats why Cheyne loses his spike in his hair  :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »
 :lol: I'm guessing that the dance task takes place in one of these buildings... probably not the one with the horsey.. :funny:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »
Maybe they have to play the golf thru some water, I think the boys look wet here .. what else would make their underwear droop like that? Water weight? they look clingy. Maybe thats why Cheyne loses his spike in his hair  :lol:

The white tights have gone see-through as well (Obviously) so that would support the water theory.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
2 things... could the golfer being speculated as Cheyne,  be Gary or Brian?
Also, my TAR history retention is not as good as y'alls, but would they have a general task that only 1 team member would do?  Ericka seems to be doing it, but not Brian.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
:lol: I'm guessing that the dance task takes place in one of these buildings... probably not the one with the horsey.. :funny:

Actually I think it is the one with a horsey!  It matches the shape an orientation needed for the sun shine coming in back windows.  I can't see any other building there that works.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »
I think they are taking a test ride while production gets their gear together.  We know they drove the Mercedes to the windmill.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
Maybe they have to play the golf thru some water, I think the boys look wet here .. what else would make their underwear droop like that? Water weight? they look clingy. Maybe thats why Cheyne loses his spike in his hair  :lol:

Additional information*   If your ball goes into the water you must retrieve it or take a 20 minute penalty for a new ball.  

I think the balls float.  They are probably wooden.

* Purely speculation here!

This shot was taken :here

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:12:40 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2009, 12:52:43 PM »
That location is pretty darn close to where Dutch said they went too! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »
 ;D ...now I'm not sayin' this is for sure, or anything... just an observation..  :lol:

found this photo of Farmer Klaas and his "fireworks" barn in Vierhuizen.  Must be the style of barns in the area, but note the unique stepped roofline, the arched window, the white facia board at the roofline...etc. etc.    ;)   My guess is we are looking for a building (barn) similar to this one, possibly in Vierhuizen (location of the windmill).   :duno:

here's a translation of the description that went with the photo:
Farmer Klaas Beukema solves fireworks on his farm in the Groningen Vierhuizen. Together with his colleague Klaas Heringa he hopes this year to sell 10 tons of fireworks. "This is a quiet period for us so we have space in the barns." Last year ventured Beukema and Heringa step and sold 4 tons of fireworks. The farmers, account for 200 acres of mostly potatoes and sugar beet seed, a bunker built with sprinkler system, which is inspected annually. So they fill a vacuum created by increased regulatory then had to close many sales. "Previously you could buy fireworks in many places, but new rules were North Groningen soon 20 to 30 miles away," says Beukema.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »
Dutch's maps show exactly where he heard the dancing was I believe??

Also, the dancers are a ZOUTKAMP group, not from Vierhuizen...so :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »
I zoomed the caps of the Farmer's golf, and the one picture is definitely Cheyne, as his hair appears to be wet, but blond. (He has light blond highlights with his darker blond hair.) And he's wearing blue boxers underneath.

The other would almost certainly be Sam/Dan, and nothing apparent is visible underneath the thin long legged material.

It'll be interesting to see what gets capped when the episode airs.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »
Dutch's maps show exactly where he heard the dancing was I believe??

Also, the dancers are a ZOUTKAMP group, not from Vierhuizen...so :duno:

:groan:  ummm... all the pictures of that area show an empty field or trees.  Perhaps Dutch also saw the racers build and erect the structure they eventually dance in.    :colealert: :lol:  Look about 100 yards to the east.

So who says the dancers came from anywhere else?   :res:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »
 ;D  Just a feeling, but the building next to the "ring the bell" task may eventually end up looking like this 

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »
:funny:  according to the photo below, there sure isn't much to do at the end of the quay...  :lol:

Dutch said they may have had a "brainteaser" there.  Perhaps something to do with the statue or monument at the end of the quay?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »
I thought the "dancers came from <some Dutch town> " comment said it was someplace other than Zoutkamp. He was talking about how the costumes were of a style associated with that town.  He did not like the idea that the other town might steal credit by the  recognition of the costumes.   :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »
I thought the "dancers came from <some Dutch town> " comment said it was someplace other than Zoutkamp. He was talking about how the costumes were of a style associated with that town.  He did not like the idea that the other town might steal credit by the  recognition of the costumes.   :duno:

They wore traditional clothes from Volendam and bycicled to the harbour where they talked to someone on a boat and after that they went on to dance traditionally or they had to do farmers golf a traditional Groninger sport. I'm saying this to make sure that people will know it was not Volendam that was portraited, but our beautiful small vilage groningen. Please make sure people will know this in America.

There is a dancing group in Zoutkamp. This group dances Volksdansen (Dances for the people (bad translation)). They were told very little, but they knew they had to dance on July the 30th. On Tuesday they heard that there would be camera's on Thursday July the 30th.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
I think the Volendam klederdracht is what most of us might think of as stereotypical Dutch costume. Here's another person perturbed about production choices (translated from Dutch):
Nice movie, but I just can not, in Volendam costume Groningen territory! Then the Americans think that way throughout "The Dutch" is. Why is the folk dance group "Grunneger Daansers" from Zandeweer not there to ask? They wear beautiful costumes Groningen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2009, 07:26:58 PM »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2009, 08:16:26 PM »
They went to the   church as well or "kerk" , behind the museum..

An article

thats possible...  if you watch the TV station video, you can see the bikers taking the red path around the big curve,  They would have to make a hairpin turn after going to the kerk (green path), to get back to the curve.  6 of 1, half dozen of another.   :lol:  the results the same.