Author Topic: TAR15 EP7:"This is Not My Finest Hour" (The Netherlands)  (Read 94216 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR15 EP7:"This is Not My Finest Hour" (The Netherlands)
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
Chateau, it's obvious that I do not agree with the 1215pm finish time for Cheyne/Meghan since my estimate of that is stated as 1102am. I don't know whether yours is better than mine or not because I used a series of assumptions to get there. It's certainly possible that they took 73 minutes longer in the total time for Dubai II tasks and transportation, but obviously I do not think so. We'll see when the pit stop release times are available at the beginning of the show Sunday night. However, my "so what" comment still applies. If they can't get that flight, they jsut get the Air France flight combination. They arrive ahead of the other teams pretty much for sure, although the amount varies with which flight or flights they get.

When Meghan and Cheyne checked in, Phil's watch (from the insider clips)  :waves:

Meghan and Cheyne

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2009, 11:35:07 AM »
Why are we back to all Amsterdam flights again? What happened to coming in and getting the cars in Bremen as an option?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2009, 11:37:02 AM »
Giving how most of the pit stops this season have been something other than the standard 12-hour pitstops, there's no reason to assume that the pit stop had to be at least 12 hours; it could have been less than 12 hours.

My guess would be that the pit stop release would have been used to get Phil on that 12:12 am flight, ahead of the Racers, and that the release time was chosen to maximize the likelyhood of the teams would get flights that would have the teams using the same later flight.

I seriously doubt that a team would likely have enough time to make a flight that departs 70 minutes after release from a pitstop.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »
Why transfer when there are already non-stop flights to Amsterdam? I'd avoid transfers at all cost (if you miss the flight, then you're screwed).

@theschanuzers: I believe the teams will make the 8:00 flights and camp out at the airport for a while.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »
Why are we back to all Amsterdam flights again? What happened to coming in and getting the cars in Bremen as an option?? ???

Peach, As I am the leading proponent of going to Bremen, I guess the answer is that the information has been on this thread but ignored by everyone so even I decided to ignore it. The flight combination stands as:

LH631 DXB FRA 0125 0555
LH340 FRA BRE 0700 0755 and those flights were pretty much on-time Wednesday July 29.

That would fit only Cheyne/Meghan.

There are no flight combinations for Maria/Tiffany, Sam/Dan, Gary/Matt and Brian/Ericka going to Bremen that are competitive with the ones to Amsterdam in their time frame.

I did not earlier address the possibility of a later flight, because I did not know that Nate/Herb would need it. There is an initial flight SQ490 to Istanbul 0410 0740. In Istanbul is the choice of 3 paths, two through CDG; the one I like best is through FRA, LH2085 0825 1035 connecting in Frankfurt with LH344 1320 1415 arriving 10 minutes late on July 29.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »
Since teams are having to drive themselves, the release clue to likely going to tell the Racers to fly to XX and then drive yourself to  YY.  They're not going to be given a choice of airports to fly to to up pick their cars.

So it has to be either Bremen for all the teams, or Amsterdam for all of the teams.  And given the hyperspeed at which this season was filmed, it's going to be whichever of the two is closer.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »
 :waves: thanks for the additional pix, puddin.

FWIW,   Braderie = Fair    ...kind of makes sense

and the meaning of Zoutkamp is Salt Camp   ;D

:carryon:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »
 :waves: vidcaps in awhile I have guy cleaning my furnace. and OMG it looks like a great episode!

Take a spooky trip to Holland on the next episode of The Amazing Race.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »
Quite a few tasks this week:
Windmill (Roadblock?)
Bikes (I think it's just transportation between two tasks)
Detour?: Dancing, Golf
Test-Your-Strength (Miscellaneous?)

Since teams are having to drive themselves, the release clue to likely going to tell the Racers to fly to XX and then drive yourself to  YY.  They're not going to be given a choice of airports to fly to to up pick their cars.

It makes more sense for the racers to fly to Amsterdam, since as people pointed out, it's easier to get there. Besides, they have to self-drive to Groningen.

TPTB have the potential to make this a really great episode, but we'll see.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
Giving how most of the pit stops this season have been something other than the standard 12-hour pitstops, there's no reason to assume that the pit stop had to be at least 12 hours; it could have been less than 12 hours.

My guess would be that the pit stop release would have been used to get Phil on that 12:12 am flight, ahead of the Racers, and that the release time was chosen to maximize the likelyhood of the teams would get flights that would have the teams using the same later flight.

I seriously doubt that a team would likely have enough time to make a flight that departs 70 minutes after release from a pitstop.

I'm going with a non-12 hour Pit Stop.  Probably something like 18 hours.  Whatever it turns out to be here is the shocker I propose:

Cheyne & Meghan are the ones who met Steffie Sunrise !!!   :neener:

Hey Cheyne, how does it feel to be considered an 'older couple'?   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »
Farmer's Golf in long underwear!   :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2009, 03:33:36 PM »
Since teams are having to drive themselves, the release clue to likely going to tell the Racers to fly to XX and then drive yourself to  YY.  They're not going to be given a choice of airports to fly to to up pick their cars.

So it has to be either Bremen for all the teams, or Amsterdam for all of the teams.  And given the hyperspeed at which this season was filmed, it's going to be whichever of the two is closer.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I value yours although I do not agree with all of them. The closer airport to Groningen is clearly Bremen at 52 miles. I did the calculation of distance from Schiphol Airprot to Groningen and it I remember it as either 113 miles or 103 miles. Bremen is over an hour closer and favored particuarly since no driving in an Amsterdam rush hour would be required.

I do not agree that all teams have to go to the same airport. It is not probable but certainly possible that all teams will not be directed to one airport. If so, that airport should be Bremen for a number of reasons, most notably its proximity to Groningen. But, as Caelestor says, we'll see. Indeed we will.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:51:10 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »
:fan:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:52:17 PM by puddin »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2009, 03:49:55 PM »
OMG - Brian has lost his left arm. :groan:

Is he allowed to check in at the pitstop without it!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »
Looking for the campsite for the pitstop, how about Camp Lauwerszee?

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5411292
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=53.360163&lon=6.2919152&z=17&l=0&m=p

No farmer Brown though  :lol:

We bid you welcome!

Bert Jan & Saskia Harens
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:10:01 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
I'm not trying to be too sneaky  :lol:

I only know that the shot of Brian & Ericka looking at the bell twoer was taken at the near end of the day.  So, since I am stubbornly sticking with the idea that they arrive and have to wait for their cars to be available in the morning, that means this afternoon shot has to be after the dress-up/bike-ride and Detour part.  I guess the bell tower does not have to be a Roadblock.

So for me it's bell tower at the end of the leg.  Now about that confessional ...  :duno:

I like the tower at the end of the day...but suppose it is the 29th and not the 30th?

We have Steffi seeing a team the morning of July 29 in Dubai wanting to call about flights.

So can we get them to Groningen in time for late afternoon shots at the bell tower on the 29th??

And then an overnight for some reason and the rest of the tasks the next morning on the 30th??

And the campground will be likely one of these two... it is also where the teams campout for their pitstop for the next 36 hours :lol:

http://www.robersum.com/index.php?lang=nl

http://www.camping-lauwerszee.nl/index.php?taal=nl

Have already sent a message to Dutch this morning asking which one is likely.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »

http://www.robersum.com/index.php?lang=nl

Have already sent a message to Dutch this morning asking which one is likely.
No Farmer Brown there either  :groan:

Joost & Carolien van Dam

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »

I like the tower at the end of the day...but suppose it is the 29th and not the 30th?

We have Steffi seeing a team the morning of July 29 in Dubai wanting to call about flights.

So can we get them to Groningen in time for late afternoon shots at the bell tower on the 29th??

And then an overnight for some reason and the rest of the tasks the next morning on the 30th??

I like that idea peach, maybe the belltower is for departure times for the next morning?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
Wow! Wooden Clogs, reminds me of season 4!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
Some pics

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2009, 04:32:18 PM »
puddin...what am I looking for? Can you repost the house with the straw doll in the window please? I went all over these sites this morning but didn't know I had something to compare to.

Heee...Farmer Brown is a euphemism :lol:

:knuckles:

Sorry about that... :-[   ;D
RFF's Golden Rule: