Author Topic: Been to a RACE Location?? POST IT HERE!  (Read 280063 times)

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Been to a RACE Location?? POST IT HERE!
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »
Also not a race location but if you are ever in Rome, check out Gelateria Della Palma (http://www.dellapalma.it/en/) near the Pantheon. Over 150 flavors of gelato.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:00:57 PM by redwings8831 »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »
Also not a race location but if you are ever in Rome, check out Gelateria Della Palma (http://www.dellapalma.it/en/) near the Pantheon. Over 150 flavors of gelato.
150 delicious opportunities! :meme Would love to try out an item from Gelati Virtuosi, perhaps Fiori d'arancio. Never met a gelato I've didn't like.

Your photos in Jungfraujoch, Rome, Venice, Prague, and Berlin are beautifully shot! Very jealous.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »
RachelLeVega, thanks for your write-up on San Francisco. I had thought of visiting SF, but I cut that due to time constraints. I am sad to learn that Candlestick Park will be demolished soon. :(

I bought a pizza at a location visited in the last few seasons. Guess where it came from!
Lombardi's Pizzeria in Manhattan? :spy: That's the only recently visited pizza parlor in post-Unfinished Business TAR I can think of.

You did great Rachel!! Very complete tour!!
Thanks Georgia!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »
RachelLeVega, thanks for your write-up on San Francisco. I had thought of visiting SF, but I cut that due to time constraints. I am sad to learn that Candlestick Park will be demolished soon. :(

I bought a pizza at a location visited in the last few seasons. Guess where it came from!
Lombardi's Pizzeria in Manhattan? :spy: That's the only recently visited pizza parlor in post-Unfinished Business TAR I can think of.

Yep, Lombardi's Pizza!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2015, 10:36:18 PM »

Yep, Lombardi's Pizza!
I've never been to NYC before (only Buffalo, New York) so I must be missing out. I'm just scared of the daily parking rates there because the garages here in Chicago are "highway robberies".

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2015, 07:30:08 AM »

Yep, Lombardi's Pizza!
I've never been to NYC before (only Buffalo, New York) so I must be missing out. I'm just scared of the daily parking rates there because the garages here in Chicago are "highway robberies".

How about using public transport or planes to get to NYC? It's really inadvisable to drive there.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2015, 07:03:25 PM »

Yep, Lombardi's Pizza!

How about using public transport or planes to get to NYC? It's really inadvisable to drive there.
Sounds like an adventure to me! :hoot: Hopefully, I won't get lost riding the subway tunnels.
So far, my U.S. route TAR bucketlist is looking fuller,

• Los Angeles County, CA (what an exciting challenge to visit ALL the places visited) :lol:
• Washington, D.C.
• New York City, NY
• Miami, FL
• Las Vegas, NV (honestly, I have never traveled there before)
• Portland, OR
• Anchorage, AK
• Wyoming & Montana from TAR8

Visited:
• Seattle, WA
• San Francisco, CA

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2015, 02:47:26 PM »
So a few weeks ago I went to La Paz and Copacabana in Bolivia. I managed to take my family to a bunch of TAR locations from TAR13, TARLA2 and without knowing from TARLA4, and they actually enjoyed it. No fighting cholitas, even though they didn't believe me they exists until they saw a promo sign for an upcoming event  :funny:

I have a few pictures here and there, so let me know if you wanna see them.

This one in particular was a surprise, I randomly managed to stumble my way to a gallery of pretty much closed merchant stores looking for my father on the last day of the trip and look what I found... No witch hat sadly :(

Show content

Pretty sure this was one of the bikes used in the Detour of Leg 3 of TAR13, there were no more on sight

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2015, 10:21:18 PM »
So a few weeks ago I went to La Paz and Copacabana in Bolivia. I managed to take my family to a bunch of TAR locations from TAR13, TARLA2 and without knowing from TARLA4, and they actually enjoyed it. No fighting cholitas, even though they didn't believe me they exists until they saw a promo sign for an upcoming event  :funny:

This one in particular was a surprise, I randomly managed to stumble my way to a gallery of pretty much closed merchant stores looking for my father on the last day of the trip and look what I found... No witch hat sadly :(

Show content

Pretty sure this was one of the bikes used in the Detour of Leg 3 of TAR13, there were no more on sight
The wooden bikes are definitely a fascinating mystery to me. I've wondered how people are able to craft the structure of the bike so intricately and efficiently. Glad to see a larger view of one of the bikes here. Amazing travels, Vitoko!

Hope Bolivia had all what you desired to see!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »

Show content

The wooden bikes are definitely a fascinating mystery to me. I've wondered how people are able to craft the structure of the bike so intricately and efficiently. Glad to see a larger view of one of the bikes here. Amazing travels, Vitoko!

It had way more than I expected. I overlooked this city and country for that matter in terms of "Places to go" maybe because of political reasons but it was an unexpected surprise, the people were really nice to us, the city was massive and convoluted, a little on the dirty side, getting around was incredibly cheap, riding the cable cars was interesting, and the views  from higher ground was an incredible way to see how massive this city is.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2015, 11:08:15 PM »

Show content

It had way more than I expected. I overlooked this city and country for that matter in terms of "Places to go" maybe because of political reasons but it was an unexpected surprise, the people were really nice to us, the city was massive and convoluted, a little on the dirty side, getting around was incredibly cheap, riding the cable cars was interesting, and the views  from higher ground was an incredible way to see how massive this city is.
La Paz is definitely an underrated city and deserves more upbeat recognition like its inexpensive tourism when it comes to cable cars, lucha cholita shows, and shopping. Wish I could see and feel your adventure. Did you go to Moon Valley (Valle de la Luna) by any chance?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2015, 04:17:55 AM »
In April I'm going to Singapore and I'm actually going to a lot of the amazing race destinations.
I'm going to the mega zip park
The Merlion
The Fullerton Pavilion
Wave House
I will have a ice cream sandwich
I'm eating at red house
Going to Pulau Ubin
Also the Singapore flyer
And the Marina Bay sands ( not tight rope walking though  :funny:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2015, 09:16:18 AM »
You should try to meet some of our Singapore members!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2015, 09:17:57 AM »

Pretty sure this was one of the bikes used in the Detour of Leg 3 of TAR13, there were no more on sight.

Oh my gosh, you found a bike?? AMAZING!! Yes please to more pics!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2015, 11:05:22 AM »
In April I'm going to Singapore and I'm actually going to a lot of the amazing race destinations.
I'm going to the mega zip park
The Merlion
The Fullerton Pavilion
Wave House
I will have a ice cream sandwich
I'm eating at red house
Going to Pulau Ubin
Also the Singapore flyer
And the Marina Bay sands ( not tight rope walking though  :funny:)

That's awesome!  :waves:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2015, 06:03:55 AM »
Even I have not been to the mega zip park lolololol

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »
Thanks to Leafsfan I was able to scope out a bit of the Phuket leg before the episode aired!

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2015, 11:33:16 AM »
TAR 23 Ep 8 PIT STOP Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2015, 11:47:41 PM »
Thanks to Leafsfan I was able to scope out a bit of the Phuket leg before the episode aired!
These photos are great, Neobie! :hearts: Do you have pictures from TAR14's visit too?

Offline bubbha

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2015, 11:49:18 AM »
I'm very familiar with the Sathorn Pier area of Bangkok from the most recent episode (TAR26, Ep. 4). Fun to see them make fools of themselves in an area I know well.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »
Here are some from my recent trip to Europe. I'm sure I'm missing more locations.

Episode had been filmed but not shown at the time I was there, so one more:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:29:03 PM by redwings8831 »

Wadsy591

« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2015, 06:46:31 PM »
These are the locations the race has been (US Edition) that I have myself visited:

Auckland Harbour Bridge Bunjee   -    Season 5
(Roadblock - Leg 11)

Auckland Westhaven Marina  -   Season 5 
(Roadblock - Leg 11)

One Tree Hill (Logan Campbell) in Auckland -  Season 2
(Route Marker - Leg 12)

Rotorua Museum  -   Season 5
(Yield Stop & Detour Clue -  Leg 10) 

Auckland Sky Tower  -   Season 13
(Fast Forward  - Leg 4)

Mount Eden Summit in Auckland  -  Season 13
(Roadblock  -  Leg 4)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2015, 07:25:45 AM »
I was jumping up and down (well, all in my head! LOL :lol:) when I visited Amazing Race places during my trips in Macau, HK, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Singapore.

I'm just listing now, hopefully I get to upload pics here as well:

HONG KONG
Avenue of the Stars
Tien Tan Buddha
Wong Tai Sin Temple
rode the Ding Dings <3

MACAU
Senado Square
Templo de Ama
and Macau Tower
(I really need to revisit Macau)

CAMBODIA
Sad that I wasn't able to go to Chong Kneas side of the Tonle Sap...
Angkor Wat!!! (and the infamous Prasit Kothrong RB room!!!!)
The Bayon Temple
The Baphuon (TAR Oz 3)
Night Street Tarantulas (but never dared eat them)

MALAYSIA
Petronas Towers
Chow Kit Bomba (I was literally scouring the entire street as to where Charla/Mirna ate their cookies!!!)
Batu Caves (oh what fun remembering seeing Charla/Mirna descend those stairs in TAR All Stars spoilers!!)
Merdeka Square (TAR Asia 1)

SINGAPORE
The Merlion
The Fullerton Pavillon (I was actually expecting more from this... but yeah)
of course Ice Cream Sandwich in Orchard Road (which is surprisingly hard to find late at night)
Istana Park (slapped an imaginary U-Turn board ala Carol and Brandy)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »
I was jumping up and down (well, all in my head! LOL :lol:) when I visited Amazing Race places during my trips in Macau, HK, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Singapore.
I'd love to see the pictures, Cocoa! It always marvels me to see how places withstood TAR popularity or changed over the years.

Did you trek inside the Batu Caves?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2015, 02:58:02 PM »
So jealous Cocoa, what a great trip!! But next time.... I need to hook you up with other TAR fans!
RFF's Golden Rule: