Author Topic: Been to a RACE Location?? POST IT HERE!  (Read 82659 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Been to a RACE Location?? POST IT HERE!
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2017, 02:50:46 AM »
On Monday I shall go on a six day trip to Copenhagen and Berlin  :conf:

Im actually staying in the Park Inn Alexanderplatz which is the building teams jumped off of in S22 and I hope to also do the jump aha. Photos will come :)

1000  :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2017, 06:37:36 PM »

Im actually staying in the Park Inn Alexanderplatz which is the building teams jumped off of in S22 and I hope to also do the jump aha. Photos will come :)

Cannot wait, BritishTARFan! And don't forget to go to the Ida Davidsen sandwich restaurant in Copenhagen. I've always wanted to taste one of their sandwiches after seeing that episode. Her sandwiches look like sushi - beautifully crafted and rich with flavor. I'll be damned if you didn't go. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH September 2017
"This is not my finest hour." ~Ericka (from Brian & Ericka; season 15, leg 7)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2017, 05:34:39 AM »

Cannot wait, BritishTARFan! And don't forget to go to the Ida Davidsen sandwich restaurant in Copenhagen. I've always wanted to taste one of their sandwiches after seeing that episode. Her sandwiches look like sushi - beautifully crafted and rich with flavor. I'll be damned if you didn't go. :lol:

Definitely will go! I may not eat the sandwiches featured on TAR however as they didn't appeal to my taste aha. I'm even popping over to Malmö to see the Stortoget.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2017, 01:10:52 PM »

Definitely will go! I may not eat the sandwiches featured on TAR however as they didn't appeal to my taste aha. I'm even popping over to Malmö to see the Stortoget.
Fantastic stuff! Are you flying or driving/ferrying between Denmark and Germany? If you are driving, I would definitely visit Hamburg en route to your main attractions.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH September 2017
"This is not my finest hour." ~Ericka (from Brian & Ericka; season 15, leg 7)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2017, 01:29:29 PM »
Most definitely flying, AirBerlin is a steal  :funny:, I'm only away for six days as I just had a week of doing nothing in Turkey.

Offline geographynerd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2017, 10:18:47 PM »
Me and my family just got back from Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Copenhagen and Oslo, so I'll go through our pictures and see if we went to any race sights! And yes we also flew AirBerlin from Berlin to Copenhagen  :funny:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2017, 12:46:30 PM »
I've recently been to Beijing!

Visited:
* Jingshan Park (TAR1)
* Meridian Gate, Forbidden City (TAR10)
* Beijing Railway Station (TAR10)
* Dandong Station (TAR14)
* Niao Chao / Bird's Nest (TAR14)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2017, 03:06:02 PM »
Well, even if it is my own country, guess I should share a recent TAR Canada location from this current season I've been to :)

Pictures from when I was in the town of Rouleau, Saskatchewan in '07 (site of the Leg 9 Speed Bump/Detour/U-Turn) where the sitcom Corner Gas was filmed. Was fortunate enough to be there on a filming day and passed two of the stars on the street, Lacey (Gabrielle Miller) and Emma (the now-late Janet Wright).

The first two are of the main components of the set, the gas station and Ruby café, the second is looking into the gas station window. These were torn down last fall, a while after the Corner Gas Movie (which had Jon Montgomery in a 1-minute cameo) finished. The race was about 6 months too late.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:12:05 PM by Maanca »