The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Been to a RACE Location?? POST IT HERE!

<< < (43/72) > >>

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: Vitoko on February 11, 2015, 09:24:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on February 10, 2015, 10:21:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Vitoko on February 10, 2015, 02:47:26 PM ---So a few weeks ago I went to La Paz and Copacabana in Bolivia. I managed to take my family to a bunch of TAR locations from TAR13, TARLA2 and without knowing from TARLA4, and they actually enjoyed it. No fighting cholitas, even though they didn't believe me they exists until they saw a promo sign for an upcoming event  :funny:

I have a few pictures here and there, so let me know if you wanna see them.

This one in particular was a surprise, I randomly managed to stumble my way to a gallery of pretty much closed merchant stores looking for my father on the last day of the trip and look what I found... No witch hat sadly :(

Show content
Pretty sure this was one of the bikes used in the Detour of Leg 3 of TAR13, there were no more on sight
--- End quote ---
The wooden bikes are definitely a fascinating mystery to me. I've wondered how people are able to craft the structure of the bike so intricately and efficiently. Glad to see a larger view of one of the bikes here. Amazing travels, Vitoko!

Hope Bolivia had all what you desired to see!

--- End quote ---

It had way more than I expected. I overlooked this city and country for that matter in terms of "Places to go" maybe because of political reasons but it was an unexpected surprise, the people were really nice to us, the city was massive and convoluted, a little on the dirty side, getting around was incredibly cheap, riding the cable cars was interesting, and the views  from higher ground was an incredible way to see how massive this city is.

--- End quote ---
La Paz is definitely an underrated city and deserves more upbeat recognition like its inexpensive tourism when it comes to cable cars, lucha cholita shows, and shopping. Wish I could see and feel your adventure. Did you go to Moon Valley (Valle de la Luna) by any chance?

BritishTARFan:
In April I'm going to Singapore and I'm actually going to a lot of the amazing race destinations.
I'm going to the mega zip park
The Merlion
The Fullerton Pavilion
Wave House
I will have a ice cream sandwich
I'm eating at red house
Going to Pulau Ubin
Also the Singapore flyer
And the Marina Bay sands ( not tight rope walking though  :funny:)

georgiapeach:
You should try to meet some of our Singapore members!

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: Vitoko on February 10, 2015, 02:47:26 PM ---So a few weeks ago I went to La Paz and Copacabana in Bolivia. I managed to take my family to a bunch of TAR locations from TAR13, TARLA2 and without knowing from TARLA4, and they actually enjoyed it. No fighting cholitas, even though they didn't believe me they exists until they saw a promo sign for an upcoming event  :funny:

I have a few pictures here and there, so let me know if you wanna see them.

This one in particular was a surprise, I randomly managed to stumble my way to a gallery of pretty much closed merchant stores looking for my father on the last day of the trip and look what I found... No witch hat sadly :(

Pretty sure this was one of the bikes used in the Detour of Leg 3 of TAR13, there were no more on sight.

--- End quote ---

Oh my gosh, you found a bike?? AMAZING!! Yes please to more pics!

Genius:

--- Quote from: BritishTARFan on February 16, 2015, 04:17:55 AM ---In April I'm going to Singapore and I'm actually going to a lot of the amazing race destinations.
I'm going to the mega zip park
The Merlion
The Fullerton Pavilion
Wave House
I will have a ice cream sandwich
I'm eating at red house
Going to Pulau Ubin
Also the Singapore flyer
And the Marina Bay sands ( not tight rope walking though  :funny:)

--- End quote ---

That's awesome!  :waves:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version