Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 131234 times)

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #900 on: June 22, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
Is Leg 7 of Season 9 the only leg where the leg placements are the reverse of the team's final placements (B.J. & Tyler were 5th, ended up 1st; Eric & Jeremy were 4th, ended up 2nd; Ray & Yolanda were 3rd, and ended up 3rd; Joseph & Monica were 2nd, ended up 4th; Fran & Berry were 1st, ended up 5th)

To answer my own post, the penultimate legs of TAR 7 & 25 are the only other legs to have this distinction.

TAR 7 Leg 11 (12 if the double leg counts as two):
Uchenna & Joyce were 3rd and last on the leg, ended up 1st
Rob & Amber were 2nd on the leg, ended up 2nd
Ron & Kelly were 1st on the leg, ended up 3rd.

TAR 25 Leg 11:
Amy & Maya were 4th and last on the leg, ended up 1st
Misti & Jim were 3rd on the leg, ended up 2nd
Adam & Bethany were 2nd on the leg, ended up 3rd
Brooke & Robbie were 1st on the leg, ended up 4th (and eliminated mid-way through the final leg)

TAR 16 had it happen from leg 7 to 8 as well :angel.

That's a result flip between consecutive legs, but I was looking at result flips from one leg to the final results.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #901 on: July 02, 2017, 03:21:00 AM »
Heaviest penalty served at KOR pitstop 4 hours by Simi & Ope, Neil & Kristin and Hussein & Natasha, concidentally all of them are father/daughter teams

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #902 on: July 05, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »
Could be total bogus due to having no time to go and research  :lol:  but I think TARC 4 is the first Season not to have M/F Dating Team?  With TARC 5 being the second?  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong?  ???
Wishlist for Next Returnee Season:
Kym & Alli - Misti & Jim - Mike & Rochelle - Hayley & Blair - Ernest & Jin - Cindy & Rick - Tiffany & Krista
 - Scott & Blair - Mike & Liz

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #903 on: July 05, 2017, 11:01:53 AM »
The Amazing Race Norge 2 (Norwegian version) also did not have a dating team. :P
And it doesn't look like there was a dating team on the third & fourth seasons of the Israeli version.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #904 on: July 05, 2017, 12:05:20 PM »
Aahh Ha! I knew I'd be caught out.  :lol:  Can we just consider the English speaking versions then?  :funny:
Kym & Alli - Misti & Jim - Mike & Rochelle - Hayley & Blair - Ernest & Jin - Cindy & Rick - Tiffany & Krista

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #905 on: July 18, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »
Just like Tyler curse, we have Brittany curse since two contestants named Brittany all finish in 9th. (21 and 28)

And also France joins the elite club of countries that are visited for three consecutive seasons after India (12, 13, 14), China (16, 17, 18), Indonesia (21, 22, 23), aside from USA, of course.
We also have Kristen EP curse, two teams with Kristen never used EP, Kristen & Daren eliminated with EP in their hand, while Kristen & Steph was too strong to use EP

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #906 on: August 04, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Randomly looking through results of different Seasons, and I think TAR Asia 5 is the only Season where none of the Final 3 won more than 1 Leg.  :o

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #907 on: August 05, 2017, 04:54:54 AM »
Randomly looking through results of different Seasons, and I think TAR Asia 5 is the only Season where none of the Final 3 won more than 1 Leg.  :o
It occured because the Yield and U-turn in penultive leg, if Leg 9 were designed normally, Yvonne & Chloe would be booted due to Chloe's injury leaving F3 with Parul & Maggie, Trez & Lou, Eric & Rona

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #908 on: September 09, 2017, 04:44:29 AM »
Germany is the most-visited country that has never hosted a U-Turn, with 11 visits. South Korea and Malaysia are in second place with 8 visits.

Norway is the most-visited country with no Non-Elimination legs, with 6 visits (No-rest doesn't count)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:48:16 AM by G.B. »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Custom Search