Author Topic: TAR 16 Start Date?  (Read 63322 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR 16 Start Date?
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
Two-hour premiere March 14?  :jam:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
Some things about dates to keep in mind in trying to out-reason CBS on TAR 16.

The Winter Olympics end Sunday, February 28th.

The first and second rounds of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament starts March 18-21. Question is whether CBS can get the tournament to avoid scheduling the final round 2 games to interfere with the Sunday primetime schedule in the east and central time zones. SOme years it has and other years it hasn't. Two of the first/second round cities are Spokane and San Jose.

Mother's Day in 2010 is May 9th; and Memorial Day is May 31st.

And keep in mind that Survivor 20 is a Tenth Anniversary All Star edition, so CBS will want to milk that for all its worth schedule-wise. I would expect that finale to be later than Mother's Day since its so early in May in 2010.

But this is a challenging puzzle isn't it, trying to get all these pieces to fit within what we know?
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 09:38:52 PM »
I had an interest in tracking the May holidays, so I looked them up. May 9 is indeed Mother's Day. It is only two days earlier than average, as Mother's Day is the second Sunday in May, which means it must fall from May 8 to May 14.

Memrorial Day used to be fixed on May 30 whatever day of the week that was, but some years back the U.S. went to a system of 3-days weekends with Memorial Day being the final Monday of May. That means it now falls from May 25 to May 31.

What does that mean for  Amazing Race 16 scheduling? I believe it will start on March 7, meaning there will be 4 episodes telecast in March. Each year there are delays from the NCAA tournament running late, but that is not really different than what happens with football delays. I just expect that they will happen. April will have 4 episodes. May will have at least 3 and maybe 4. That still leaves May 23 for the Survivor finale. As I have demonstrated, it can fit. Starting any later is problematical, as that would push Survivor to May 30 or later. It is also possible that there would be at least one double episode of AR16. We'll have to wait for the CBS schedule before that would become clear.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
Premiering TAR 16 against the Oscars? Bad idea imo.

Three Rivers will be gone from the schedule by then (maybe Flashpoint will air in its place). Still going with the two-hour premiere, and maybe a two-hour finale. :jam:

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 10:30:19 AM »
After looking again at the filming data that walkingpneumonia provided, I think it is important to note they have never been out filming over Christmas.  I would think every family member of the crew would want to kill them.  There was only one time it filmed in January (season 2) and this is possible since it will probably premier later.
I would put my money on tradition and a start very soon.  The biggest clue would be anyone going missing (anyone know any astronauts, pro wrestlers or beauty queens who were supposed to be over for Thanksgiving?)
As to where they start from, how about the Kodak Theater?  It's in LA, they could premier it the night of the Academy Awards and poach some viewers from ABC and it's much prettier then a recent large drainage ditch.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »
If Bert pllans to have TAR 16 filmed and in the can before December 6th, then filming will have to start by this weekend. (Do the math.)

So I think folks should have their antennas up, just in case.
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2009, 01:20:29 PM »
If Bert pllans to have TAR 16 filmed and in the can before December 6th, then filming will have to start by this weekend. (Do the math.)

So I think folks should have their antennas up, just in case.

Where does the Dec. 6th date come from? If they are filming in December I would guess that tptb would want to be done by Dec. 22nd.

I don't think Phil or anybody else needs to be in NY for the finale...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:23:58 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline alittlebird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »
Why would Phil be in NYC for the finale of 15?

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2009, 03:17:48 PM »
I don't know specifics but from what I have heard it will be filming by the very end of November (def. by beginning of December) and will finish up just before Christmas (around the 20th I'd guess). Will post more details if I find out.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »
With one exception (for the filming of the All-Stars TAR 11) Phil has always been in NYC to present the winner's check on the Monday morning following the airing of the finale. He hasn't always been at TARcon, but he has been on the Early Show.
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
I don't know specifics but from what I have heard it will be filming by the very end of November (def. by beginning of December) and will finish up just before Christmas (around the 20th I'd guess). Will post more details if I find out.
Macaroons knows all  :winner :ty3: :<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2009, 08:47:53 PM »

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »
Awesome

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2009, 05:37:23 PM »
Twitter from Phil -
Just completed the Source to the Sea http://www.sourcetosea.co.nz/ excellent event, got back to Westport where my family is from 22.5mph ave    about 4 hours ago   from web

Apparently he finished 6th in solo riders - but the important thing to note is that Phil was in NZ on Nov. 14th - so the race isn't starting today or tomorrow - unless it starts in NZ.  :duno: ;D
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »
Westport, Auckland. Not far from me (Yay!). Just throwin that out there
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

DavidJunior

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2009, 01:20:34 AM »
Westport, Auckland. Not far from me (Yay!). Just throwin that out there

I'm pulling for San Jose, CA start myself... *crosses fingers*

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2009, 01:31:42 AM »

I'm pulling for San Jose, CA start myself... *crosses fingers*

You're from the valley too? There's not much to see here though...a Presidio start would be nice though.

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2009, 10:19:09 AM »
Heading out for the holidays tomorrow and will have my camera ready.  Hope somebody gets a clue soon and posts it quickly. 

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2009, 06:41:07 AM »
November is ending by the next few days... do we have new updates for our beloved race?  ;D
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2009, 06:46:16 AM »
November is ending by the next few days... do we have new updates for our beloved race?  ;D

Yes, filming definitely starts in the next few days. Possibly Saturday the 28th (going by last season starting on a Saturday). Crew is leaving like now. Yesterday and today. They get back just before Christmas so if you give them a day or two after the Race ends, the Race probably finishes about the 20th of December. That puts the start date around the 28-30 of November.

Everyone be on the lookout. Maybe someone can check for filming requests like last time??

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »
YAY!!!

However, I struggle with my show of excitement here, LOL
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »
I want to say TAR 16 starts filming next Monday (after all the Thanksgiving travel has subsided).

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
Keep in mind that with the 3-week filming cycle that now used, the filming could begin as late as December 10th, and still be completed by New Years.

We haven't heard an official word from CBS to greenlight season 16, and it sure is confusing as to why that might be.  I suspect CBS is still fiddling with the spring schedule, especially for May, with Memorial Day weekend being May 29-31.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2009, 03:30:30 PM »
This gets me really excited, but I have barely even been keeping up with TAR 15!
 :hearts: :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
I am still doubting that TAR would deliberately have the filming go over the holidays, they never have yet (except one near call, that was an accident). These cameraguys and Production people have families too.

But sounds as though it will be sooner anyway!

This gets me really excited, but I have barely even been keeping up with TAR 15!
 :hearts: :jumpy:

Snooky,   :naughty:

:lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.