Author Topic: TAR 16 Start Date?  (Read 63330 times)

K2Review

TAR 16 Start Date?
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »
Anyone have any info around the start date for TAR 16?  I think the teams will be leaving in as little as 3 weeks, but don't have any credible intel...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 16 Start Date?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 04:24:45 PM »
If the application holds true filming Nov/Dec so take what you will from that.
:hithere: K2Review

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
My guess? Mid to late Nov, everyone home for the holidays....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
It would be nice to get the official word that TAR has been renewed first, aside from BVM's Emmy words.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 05:19:25 PM »
Agreed, would hate to see this put off till spring.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »
A couple of things to keep in mind,

First, the Winter Olympics are in February, so I think TAR 16 would not brgin airing before the final Sunday when the Olympics close in Vancouver. Second date to keep in mind is December 6.  While its a projected date for TAR 15 to finish, it's based on how, with the exception of TAR 12, fall airings of TAR tend to finish on the third Sunday preceeding Christmas since CBS likes to have Survivor on the second Sunday prior to Christmas.

This would point to three spans of dates. A 21 day period ending just before December 6th, the period just after December 6th (which meand filming past Christmas and possibly New Year's), or after New Years since TAR wouldn't start airing until the latter half of February or early March, so it would finish airing in May.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
The Olympics is a great point, it is always possible we could see a later start this time.

I am not entirely sure though that the finale date of TAR 15's airing would in any way affect the start date of TAR 16....  We all know Phil has missed TARcon's and check presentations before, due to filming.

Always assuming we are going to HAVE a spring season this time...  although there is a buzz for a November filming.

I'm with puddin, we need an official confirmation before we get too excited.
RFF's Golden Rule:

K2Review

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 06:12:42 AM »
Doesn't the 4/16/08 renewal for 15 episodes imply that a spring season has already been greenlighted?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »
Not necessarily.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 09:30:57 AM »
Doesn't the 4/16/08 renewal for 15 episodes imply that a spring season has already been greenlighted?
I believe the April 16th announcement was in reference to TAR15 per Phil's tweet.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
I hope it's soon! I wasn't around for all the TAR15 spoilers and want to see the TAR16 spoilers first hand!

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »
I

WANT

TO

GO

ON

THE

AMAZING

RACE

WITH

MY

MOM

NOW!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 10:31:07 PM »
I

WANT

TO

GO

ON

THE

AMAZING

RACE

WITH

MY

MOM

NOW!!!!!

I want you and your mom to be on too Chameleon777  :hearts:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 11:45:04 PM »
Hell I would go on the Amazing Race with your Mom.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 12:57:19 AM »
Hell I would go on the Amazing Race with your Mom.
:ascared   :lol:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »
Here are my predictions for TAR 16, assuming a 12 leg race:

- Two legs in Africa. Surely TPTB can't stray away from Africa for 4 consecutive seasons? Additionally, Europe/Asia can only have so many countries...

That being said,

- Two legs in West Europe (England, France, Spain, Portugal)
- Two legs in East/Central Europe.
- Two legs in India and/or Bangladesh
- One leg in Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, and/or Malaysia
- A TBC in China, Phillipines, or Korea
- Ends in Seattle

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 01:38:05 AM »
Yet another prediction thread? *groan*

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 05:14:56 AM »
Yet another prediction thread? *groan*
another prediction thread?  This one is better (just read on my posted topic): http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20928.25.html

p.s.
I hope the producers of TAR will read it. :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43:12 AM »

Wow we are way :ot:      :lol:

I vote we keep this for facts/rumors about the TAR 16 start date, there are threads for wishlists/applications/prediction games aplenty.

Or not....  run amok! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 06:44:06 PM »
Sorry Peach!  Though I would love to see a season of TAR run with the RFF crew as a whole.  It would make for a great 10th anniversary season!

Back to TAR16 air dates:

the Winter Olympics are in February, so I think TAR 16 would not brgin airing before the final Sunday when the Olympics close in Vancouver

Yeah, I would imagine that it would be a safe route to pursue.  OTOH, you've got the Closing Ceremony on February 28 (Opening is on a Friday, the 12 of that same month), but then the following week is the Academy Awards.  That means the show would start on March 14 to best avoid all of the conflicts.  Basically TPTB would have cram the season in so as to best have it end during May sweeps.  In cramming, that would mean moving the Survivor finale to May 23 and having TAR16 run for 10 weeks, including a 2-hour episode somewhere in there.

Given that, and the fact that there may be some Country Music Awards show (or the like) on a Sunday somewhere in there, I think that they'll start immediately following the Superbowl.  That way, they get the show going instead of starting it during all the other stuff.  I would think it would be best to get two weeks in there; however, the Grammy awards air a week before the Superbowl.

This is the third time that TAR has aired a season during the Olympics, with TAR2 and TAR9 (or 4th if you count TAR5 and the 2004 Games).  However, IIRC, the show was still midweek, sans the necessity to finish the season before the Survivor Finale and Live Reunion.  Without Survivor being a conflict, Seasons 2 & 9 was able to surface after the Olympics.

With TAR on Sunday, it'll be interesting to see what happens with all the stuff going on.  My guess is that between TAR and Survivor, based on everything we may we may not know, Survivor may get the post-Superbowl slot.  Regardless, I hope we get a season this spring (as there are several options around this).  FWIW, I hate to see the show pushed back, because if so, it might be a Sept-Dec run (instead of a summer run that would make more sense).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 06:59:15 PM »
I would think CBS can take the hit ratings wise for three weekends that the Olympics are on. TAR is relatively cheap compared to a drama. And the ratings go back up when the Games are over.
Just here to visit.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »
Keep in mind that TAR,in general, is two episodes shorter with the fewer NELs than it was for the previous seasons that were aired during or after Olympics periods.

CBS has had a Survivor finale as late as, and even later than May 23rd. There's also the issue of losing one weekend in March to the NCAA Basketball tournament. But a start in March might avoid the Oscars, although some sports overruns due to basketball and golf are still likely.

One reason why I expect CBS will avoid the Olympics period is because of the location. Many events and finals can be aired live in primetime with no chance of people being spoiled with events timeshifted for prime time airing. I don't know how many hours NBC is planning, but with a dozen cable networks to play with plus almost all of their NBC affiliates now having 2 or more digital channels to program, I suspect it'll be wall-to-wall, even more than the games in Beijing, Salt Lake, or Athens.
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 09:33:06 AM »
How about TAR 16 starting in Whistler BC and premiering on Feb. 14th?
That way CBS gets to cash in on the Olympics hype from the other networks without paying for Olympic rights.
And - Whistler has been really promoting themselves ahead of the Olympics - look at Hells Kitchen this season - so you get promotional considerations - ie product placement.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 09:52:17 PM »
I'll keep an eye in Vancouver here!
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

DavidJunior

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 12:43:51 AM »
maybe they'll start in Seattle and hop the border into Vancouver?

but I think it'll be more likely that they use Vancouver in Season 17 *crosses fingers*

kinda like in Season 14, where they went a few months after the Summer Olympics in Beijing

instead of right around Olympics time like Season 16 will most likely be...