Author Topic: EP3 Play by Play  (Read 34232 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP3 Play by Play
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »
wait...is DST over in the U.S. already?
No. First Sunday in November.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »
Sam & Dan Team #5.

Lance & Keri arrive at RB in 9th

Tammy & Tiffany leave for PS.

Who is Tammy???  :funny: :funny:
Someone I like better then Maria.  

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
ANOTHER TEAM LOSES A PASSPORT AGAIN?? :groan: :groan:

When will they ever learn??
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »
Ok, dress as a monkey (?), and pull a Dallas for next week.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »
ANOTHER TEAM LOSES A PASSPORT AGAIN?? :groan: :groan:

When will they ever learn??
Next eppy??

Cambodia rite?? :)

Who lost passport?? Hope is Lance & Keri!!  :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
Ok now we have had many teams loose or leave behind their pouch, but seriously in the last 3 seasons it seems to be happening a lot more often.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2009, 08:04:12 PM »
Ok now we have had many teams loose or leave behind their pouch, but seriously in the last 3 seasons it seems to be happening a lot more often.

Yah Toni and Dallas, Kris and Amanda who misplace theri fanny pack at the place, and Kisha and Jen also left their fanny pack in Thailand..

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2009, 08:05:36 PM »
You could forgive the teams last season because they had not seen Toni & Dallas lose theirs, but now, teams in this season should have watched the last two to at least know that you don't lose sight of your passport.
Just here to visit.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
You could forgive the teams last season because they had not seen Toni & Dallas lose theirs, but now, teams in this season should have watched the last two to at least know that you don't lose sight of your passport.

I think is Zev and Justin, Remember at Leg 2, Justin lost their clue?? Is hanging at some boat..  :lol: :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2009, 08:15:35 PM »

I think is Zev and Justin, Remember at Leg 2, Justin lost their clue?? Is hanging at some boat..  :lol: :lol:
That was because he fell in the river I think
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2009, 08:18:19 PM »
I'm sorry that Marcy & Ron were Philiminated.  I wish it was Lance & Keri instead.  They annoy me.  Still, I'm glad Zev & Justin are still around.

Marcy & Ron should've done the other Detour.  I can see why they did the one that they chose -- hauling animals around is quite a bit of work for two older people -- but it cost them the Race.

Belle Book

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »
I AM SO ANNOYED. HAD TO STOP WATCHING AND CAME BACK TO SEE MARCY AND RON ELIMINATED AND LANCE AND KERI SPARED AGAIN.
(:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »
There's hope for the next leg that they get eliminated. If they lose their passports, then it's etched in stone!  :snicker:
Just here to visit.

Offline BantyMom

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2009, 11:33:33 PM »
<---- is in California and can't look here until the race is over

Ron and Marcy got the letters fairly quickly, but they didn't think to ask any locals to help them for a LONG time. I'm a word person, as is my partner. I think we might have avoided the word one on the simple ground that we know no Vietnamese! but had we tried it, she said she would have stayed by the "judge" and just gone through every combination quickly while I went off to ask people for help, giving us two different paths. Those animals looked heavy! A 50 lb sack of premixed concrete is very small.

We loved Ron and Marcy!  :'(

Quote from: TARAsia Fan
Lance is the epitome of Ugly American this season.
big time!

"If the world were logical, men would ride side-saddle" ---Rita Mae Brown

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »

Ron and Marcy got the letters fairly quickly, but they didn't think to ask any locals to help them for a LONG time. I'm a word person, as is my partner. I think we might have avoided the word one on the simple ground that we know no Vietnamese! but had we tried it, she said she would have stayed by the "judge" and just gone through every combination quickly while I went off to ask people for help, giving us two different paths. Those animals looked heavy! A 50 lb sack of premixed concrete is very small.

We loved Ron and Marcy!  :'(

OR...you can come watch the LIVE video running here on East Coast time!!

And I thought they were a little slow too... but teams can never be more than 20 feet from each other...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2009, 07:32:30 AM »

Ron and Marcy got the letters fairly quickly, but they didn't think to ask any locals to help them for a LONG time.
Quote from: TARAsia Fan
Lance is the epitome of Ugly American this season.
big time!

I do not agree that they got them quickly. This was the place in which Ron and Marcy's elimination became fairly certain due to taking more time than the other DETOUR used by all the other 9 teams. To students of probability, this was no surprise. If you assume that all of these 6 letters in the Vietnamese alphabet have fairly equal distribution, then you have 6! or 720 possible combinations. With no knowledge of Vietnamese, it would have been difficult to run through them quickly enough. Ron and Marcy did finally switch to the "ask the locals" method, but did that too late to save themselves. WRP/CBS editing tricks made it look like they were close at the finish, but I doubt that actually happened.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:00:26 AM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2009, 08:57:08 AM »
We'll find out from the interviews this week.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »
If Marcy and Ron did the other Detour, they could have been spared elimination. Then it would have been a most exciting episode. With Zev and Justin beating Lance and Keri to the pitstop because the latter was stupid enough to not even know where the pitstop is. Seriously. Do Lance and Keri EVER stop and think? They didn't know that the clue was hidden in the bullet (does it simply remind you of Kami and Karli?), they didn't know how to go to their next location even by a taxi, they don't even know that they had to take a cab to HCMC and spent countless time running about. What annoys me more is when Lance just grabbed the balloons from the wonderful Vietnamese and one of them was even shocked when Lance just literally bumped into something without even saying sorry. I usually don't insult or run down a team because i know some of the racers do read the comments we post here.. but seriously, find me 10 people who agree with me or find me 10 people who loves Lance.. and you'll know what i mean..

Sad that Marcy and Ron are gone, but happy that they're eliminated as well. Ron looks as if any one more moment spent with Marcy and they could be going their separate ways. :funny: I hope they're still together because they're a cute couple. I can't think of any one woman who can be more bubbly than Marcy. Does she have some over-optimistic syndrome or something?! She's just so optimistic in everything and you just can't help but to love her!

Loved how Dan stopped to help the girls, but is seriously annoyed with Sam's constant whining. -_- Also like how the poker girls seemed to be very determined and made lesser mistakes! Especially love Tiff at the Roadblock! "I think i got it!" and off she goes hacking at the computer CPU. :funny:

Ericka and Brian got very little facetime this episode, probably because they got a huge portion of airtime in EP1 due to them nearly almost in last for both legs. But ain't this couple just sweet? I was especially pleased when they could even think that picking zebra symbolizes their love for each other as well. Isn't that awesome?

Wished to see more of Mika and Canaan, seemed to be a very nice and cute couple, isn't very much interested with FT/BE and Gary and Matt. Love Zev's mickey mouse like voice and both their attitude towards the race. And lastly, just simply love Meghan and Cheyne. I really didn't think this team will become the team i'm rooting for. But wow, they hardly get angry with each other and are always so supportive. Also, they can even find something to praise about one another even when they're all sweaty and kissed each other. Isn't that sweet?!?!

I didn't really think besides the traffic we see in Vietnam.. the Roadblock/Detour did justice to the culture/tradition of Vietnam. I was also glad that at least Marcy and Ron chose to do the other Detour, although really.. it was pretty obvious for any fans of the race to know that the animal detour was easily the one that teams should have opted for.

Still loving all the remaining teams besides Lance and Keri.. this season is getting better than i thought! :tup:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2009, 12:20:38 PM »
Flight Time and Big Easy - It's nice to see a different team coming in first, but somehow I don't really like the idea of two big guys out-running a small girl (relative) when Meghan and Cheyne were ahead. Still, they did really well throughout the whole leg, so I've gotta give them credit for doing so well and working together as a team.

Meghan and Cheyne - I wondered if they'd still be so consistent after the first two legs and indeed, they remain consistent. Seriously, this team is FAST! They keep appearing out of nowhere and start leading the pack even if they weren't initially leading. What's more, they're working really well together. I hope it will stay this way, I'm gonna start rooting for them.

Gary and Matt - I'm surprised by how well this team is doing, be it teamwork or the race itself. I didn't particularly like them before the show started, but I'm starting to like them now. They may not be as funny as Mel and Mike, but they're doing as well!

Brian and Ericka - WOW to this team, jumping from last place to fourth! I'm genuinely impressed, love how they worked so well together too. Zebra love!

Sam and Dan - Really, I wish that they would argue less and that Sam would stop yelling at Dan. I still like them, but I hope their relationship gets better over the race, like Tammy and Victor's. And I must say, I was impressed when they stopped to help Maria and Tiffany, that was really sweet and gentlemanly.

Maria and Tiffany - What was Maria doing during the Detour when Tiffany was dragging the whole animal on her own? And TIffany rocked the Roadblock too, I've got newfound respect for her. Still kinda love this team, and their suitcases, lol.

Mika and Canaan - They made up some time at the end I guess, but they're still staying at the back of the pack. Wish they would step up their game. I still like them though, they're just so cute! Love the dancing at the first Route Info lol.

Zev and Justin - I was thinking, why on earth did they have to take the giraffe when there were so many other smaller animals around them? That was one bad decision which nearly got them eliminated. At least they made up time and are still in the race.

Lance and Keri - They're just plain annoying. I mean, Lance is just plain annoying. He goes on and on about being able to beat them all in the race. I give him props for his physical strength but other than that, this team is plain clueless. Just look at how they were searching the whole place for a clue when it was inside a bullet. It's a pity they weren't eliminated, but I hope they'll be gone soon.

Marcy and Ron - Another bad decision made. They probably shouldn't have chosen the other Detour, it was so consuming. On top of that, they didn't read the clue and ask the locals for decipheration! I wonder how much time they wasted trying to decipher it on their own. It was sad to see them go, but I guess they had to pay for a bad decision. Marcy's really sweet though, the part where she teared over the country's situation made me go awwwww.

My team rankings:
1. Brian and Ericka
2. Sam and Dan
3. Maria and Tiffany
4. Meghan and Cheyne
5. Mika and Canaan
6. Zev and Justin
7. Flight Time and Big Easy
8. Gary and Matt
9. Lance and Keri
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`