Author Topic: S19 EP4 : "Hungry for a Win"  (Read 25941 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S19 EP4 : "Hungry for a Win"
« on: October 01, 2009, 08:34:46 PM »
10/08   Survivor: Samoa - Hungry for a Win

tvguide:

Survivor: Samoa Episode: "Hungry for a Win"
Episode Synopsis: Russell gets fed up with Jaison, his alliance partner, because of Jaison's constant complaining, and some Foa Foa tribe members start searching for their camp's hidden immunity idol. At tribal council, another castaway is voted out of the game. Original Air Date: Oct 8, 2009
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:27:25 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S19 EP4 : "Hungry for a Win"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »
Next time on Survivor, Evil Russell gets fed up with Jaison and at Galu, Erik and Shambo look for the HII

JP: Next time on Survivor...
Jaison:  I'm freaking freezing.
Jaison conf:  I'm tired, I'm hungry.
Jaison to Evil Russell:  I don't want to do with it this morning.
JP: Russell gets fed up with Jaison.
Evil Russell conf: What kind of man is that?
JP: and at Galu...
Erik to Shambo: Wherever the Immunity Idol is on their beach, it's probably at our beach.
JP:  It's not so easy to find a Hidden Immunity Idol.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:25:06 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:14:17 PM »
Is that Eric?? nearly decapitating himself on that rope? And what is that rope for anyway??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »
I guess Erik is the 2nd person removed. I am almost sure
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 01:47:29 AM »
video thanks to survivorphoenix

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »
It looks like a clothes line.  If he were looking at something past it, it would be easy to not see since the rope color blends well with the background.  This could be the injury Jeff referred to as really scary. 

Offline chaoswva

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »
 I did this once many moons ago playing a youre it type game...running full tilt into a wire clothes line...it took me a month before I could move my neck normally...had to move my whole body to see right or left...so I would guess too that Erik is out......Roger

Offline chaoswva

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 12:46:36 PM »
Upon a second look..it appears that Erik....Russel and Shambo are looking for something...Russell is also running and Shambo looking under a log....could this be some kind of camp challenge....you find it and its all yours...why the rope and where did it come from is anybodies guess.....Rog

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
WHEN A PRIZE FLIES THE COOP, A HUNGRY TRIBE TURNS AGAINST THE CASTAWAY WHO HOLDS A SECRET TO GAME-CHANGING CLUES, ON "SURVIVOR: SAMOA" THURSDAY, OCT. 8
"Hungry For A Win" — After a tribe member makes a stunning revelation, the game of one determined castaway may be changed. Meanwhile, Russell continues his game of chess when he considers ousting one of his allies, on SURVIVOR: SAMOA, Thursday, Oct. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »
Oh gosh, possibility of Erik being removed? Noooooooooo :(

Guess Russell is plotting to get rid of Jaison. Hmmm.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:52 PM »
Thanks to Mayansun/ survivorfever

She thinks Erik and Russell are chasing a chicken meaning Galu wins RC

http://www.survivorsucks.com/reply/5173810/t/S19-Episode-4-Hungry-for-a-Win-.html#reply-5173810

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 02:38:55 PM »
WHEN A PRIZE FLIES THE COOP

This made me immediately think Chicken. So Galu win yet another challenge. Erik is medevaced most probably.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline chaoswva

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
Heres the chicken in flight......R  its also shown in the picture above in front of Eriks left hip
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:40:30 PM by chaoswva »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
Breaking this down:

WHEN A PRIZE FLIES THE COOP, >. I'll buy Galu gets a chicken reward

A HUNGRY TRIBE
You would think this would be FOA< but if it relates to Galu's chicken flying the coop, then should be Galu, right?
TURNS AGAINST THE CASTAWAY WHO HOLDS A SECRET TO GAME-CHANGING CLUES
The only ones on Galu with secrets would be the two who went to Galu and heard about the HII, unless there is something new. So that is Shambo and Yasmin, Now...how much does the chief know?? ???

The ones on Foa with secrets would be Russell and Jaison knowing about the HII, and Mick clearly revealed last week he knew there was a Galu HII hidden there (in conf)

"Hungry For A Win" — Foa as puddin (I think?) said

After a tribe member makes a stunning revelation, Russell I found the HII ?

the game of one determined castaway may be changed. >> somebody wants to get out Russell and can't? ???

Meanwhile, Russell continues his game of chess when he considers ousting one of his allies Jaison?? He is dumping them all...so who knows? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »
The preview of the challenge appears to maybe be another combined challenge.  It seems pretty long.  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »
The preview of the challenge appears to maybe be another combined challenge.  It seems pretty long.  :groan:

Find out if Foa Foa finally wins immunity on the next episode of Survivor: Samoa.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »
Jeff's Blog gave a link to preview the challenge which is not the one shown here.    I misread it...It says upcoming not next challenge.
 :groan:

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »
I don't think Erik is medically evacuated. But that looks like a really nasty fall!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 02:42:07 PM »
 it's all about what you believe

missyae  Survivor 19 Spoilers   

The next player to be booted from the game will be Yasmin from Galu. The next player that will be booted from Foa Foa when they go back to Tribal will be Ashley Trianer. The next player to leave due to an injury will be Russell Swan from Galu. This will happen before the merge. The merge will happen when there are 8 Galu members and 4 Foa Foa members. You can easily see which Galu members make it - all but Yasmin and Russell Swan. The first boot after the merge will be Erik from Galu. The word I got on him was \'hothead\' and playing too aggressive. Dont believe Jeff Probst when he pimps Natalie as if she is playing the game and might not be with The Evil One - she is clearly in his back pocket. Laura is the one running things at Galu. Shambo will get along with Russell H after the merge. There will be more info to come. 

http://www.survivorsucks.com/topic/58534

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »
SPsurvivorvideos
October 03, 2009

PIP promo for Episode 4 of S19: Survivor Samoa featuring footage from both challenges and the continued dominance of the Galu tribe.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »
because they looked so nice in HD

puzzle : without victory there is no survival

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »
So there are two challenges?

RC: Galu
IC: Foa Foa
Boot: Yasmin?

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »
For a moment I thought that Galu would win yet another IC, leaving Foa Foa down to 5. But looks like Foa Foa takes the victory (for once) this time, and Yasmin is booted. As it is, Survivorfever has stated Yasmin being the most vulnerable, so guess Galu finally loses. Aww, no more winning streak!

http://www.survivorfever.net/s19_bootsheet.html
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »
I'm curious why they showed a previous challenge in the above pics.  They must want us to think Galu wins again. :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 11:51:30 PM »
Is this week a wrap?

TDT
REWARD CHALLENGE: Tossing balls - Galu wins a chicken(s)
IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: Collecting & stacking blocks - Foa Foa wins?
BOOT: Yasmin?
Survivor: Samoa episode 4 detailed boot spoilers/ speculation
   Everything this episode, from the title (although the hungry tribe appears to actually be Galu, not Foa Foa as you'd think) to the preponderance of Galu coverage in the ads, seems to point to Galu finally visiting tribal council this week. (With our luck, it'll solely be because of a lame double-boot episode, or something).

Most at risk, based on the same editing pattern we used (poorly) in Ep2, which predicted Liz or Mike would be the next people out of Foa Foa, would appear to be John, Yasmin and Russell S., who were all shown reacting (favorably) to Galu's immunity win in Ep3.

Of these three, Russell S. is an obvious choice. True, Galu will have won four straight challenges under his leadership after their RC win, but Erik and Dave both voiced (private) doubts about his decision not to take a tarp in Ep3, and as outfrontgirl at Blows has documented, there's a massive downpour coming on the second day of this episode. Still, he is the chief, and it's not a job he volunteered for, so he might get a pass this first time. Give them a few more days to soak, however, and the tide may turn.
   The CBS press release may suggest more trouble for Yasmin, saying "A hungry tribe turns against the castaway who holds the secret to game-changing clues." True, this could also be Shambo, although Erik is shown helping her in the idol search at Galu camp, which doesn't seem like "turning against" all that much. Another bad omen for Yasmin, as tullfan2 points out at Sucks, is that Ben claims to have made up with her, suggesting some Ponderosa bonding (as with Betsy and Ben).
   Finally, there's overthinking, wind-direction lecturing, non-Olympic-caliber swimming John. He hasn't been seen much since the first episode, apart from doing well in both subsequent RC/ICs. So probably not this week's boot.

We'd guess Shambo will be the decoy boot, based on her continuing storyline as the outsider underdog at Galu, and that the actual boot will be either Russell S. or Yasmin. Leaning Yasmin.
http://www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/e4/boot.htm

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:08:08 PM by puddin »