The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR15 Aired Shows Discussion Thread *SPOILER FREE*

(1/5) > >>

ugot2bekidinmeny:
I needed  place to chat with everyone about the race so i made up this thread.   :jumpy:

Please no spoilers.. :tup:

ugot2bekidinmeny:
 :jumpy: I absolutely LOVED this 2 hour premiere!!  it definitely was fun to watch!

OK so down to the dirt:  I don't like the poker girls. call it deja vu but bad taste in my mouth with them and the humanitarian lie... at least come up with something believable to your character. but maybe it was the editing  :casey

LOVED the brothers .. :hearts: they seem to be able to make good choices. especially when they pulled out of following the poker girls to the tower.

Zev and  Justin i think are the sleepers/darkhorse.  can i just call Zev the Duck whisper?? :lol3:

there were alot of lead changes.. nice highs and lows already! :colors

I hope next weeks show is just as exciting as this premiere!  :jumpy:

Caelestor:
From the Spoiler forum:

It's so obvious that about half the Japan leg was edited out to make way for the starting line challenge. There should have been 1.5-2 hrs for the Tokyo leg alone, so that we can get to know the teams better while still having a sufficient amount of challenges in that leg.

Meh, I could care less about the loss of a few detours, as long as there's at least 2-3 tasks (including roadblocks) per episode. By that logic, TPTB should always put a U-turn with their detours (detours are expensive, while u-turns are free: might as well make sure both tasks are aired).

My thoughts on these two legs:
The license plate task was great in execution, though I found the early elim slightly cruel. Next time, go back to 10-11 teams and use the task to determine who gets early flights.

Japan threw me off; wasn't your conventional TAR leg. Navigating the streets somewhat saved that leg, but that high-pitched "Eat the Wasabi" got really annoying after a while. 5/10.

On the other hand, the Cai Be leg was filled with a lot of bunching. However, the tasks and various locales visited made that leg far superior to Tokyo, even though it seemed as if the teams stayed in one area. Mud task: Good. Ducks: win. 9/10.

KitKat:
Mika and Canaan are my picks for the season...but I am also liking Meghan and Cheyne. The Globetrotters are high on my list of likes as well. I gotta agree with Ugot on the poker players....not too impressed with the lie they told.

panda:

--- Quote from: hdkitkat on September 29, 2009, 11:06:17 PM ---Mika and Canaan are my picks for the season...but I am also liking Meghan and Cheyne. The Globetrotters are high on my list of likes as well. I gotta agree with Ugot on the poker players....not too impressed with the lie they told.

--- End quote ---

it wasn't a lie. :) they really are into charity.

1 <33  teh poker faces. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version