Author Topic: TAR15 Aired Shows Discussion Thread *SPOILER FREE*  (Read 7635 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
TAR15 Aired Shows Discussion Thread *SPOILER FREE*
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
I needed  place to chat with everyone about the race so i made up this thread.   :jumpy:

Please no spoilers.. :tup:

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
Re: TAR15 Aired Shows Discussion Thread *SPOILER FREE*
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
 :jumpy: I absolutely LOVED this 2 hour premiere!!  it definitely was fun to watch!

OK so down to the dirt:  I don't like the poker girls. call it deja vu but bad taste in my mouth with them and the humanitarian lie... at least come up with something believable to your character. but maybe it was the editing  :casey

LOVED the brothers .. :hearts: they seem to be able to make good choices. especially when they pulled out of following the poker girls to the tower.

Zev and  Justin i think are the sleepers/darkhorse.  can i just call Zev the Duck whisper?? :lol3:

there were alot of lead changes.. nice highs and lows already! :colors

I hope next weeks show is just as exciting as this premiere!  :jumpy:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 11:07:06 PM »
From the Spoiler forum:

It's so obvious that about half the Japan leg was edited out to make way for the starting line challenge. There should have been 1.5-2 hrs for the Tokyo leg alone, so that we can get to know the teams better while still having a sufficient amount of challenges in that leg.

Meh, I could care less about the loss of a few detours, as long as there's at least 2-3 tasks (including roadblocks) per episode. By that logic, TPTB should always put a U-turn with their detours (detours are expensive, while u-turns are free: might as well make sure both tasks are aired).

My thoughts on these two legs:
The license plate task was great in execution, though I found the early elim slightly cruel. Next time, go back to 10-11 teams and use the task to determine who gets early flights.

Japan threw me off; wasn't your conventional TAR leg. Navigating the streets somewhat saved that leg, but that high-pitched "Eat the Wasabi" got really annoying after a while. 5/10.

On the other hand, the Cai Be leg was filled with a lot of bunching. However, the tasks and various locales visited made that leg far superior to Tokyo, even though it seemed as if the teams stayed in one area. Mud task: Good. Ducks: win. 9/10.

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »
Mika and Canaan are my picks for the season...but I am also liking Meghan and Cheyne. The Globetrotters are high on my list of likes as well. I gotta agree with Ugot on the poker players....not too impressed with the lie they told.
delightful just delightful

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »
Mika and Canaan are my picks for the season...but I am also liking Meghan and Cheyne. The Globetrotters are high on my list of likes as well. I gotta agree with Ugot on the poker players....not too impressed with the lie they told.

it wasn't a lie. :) they really are into charity.

1 <33  teh poker faces. :)
M

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 01:55:36 AM »
Poker girls are too sneaky for my liking. I don't like the way they are running the race.

Loving Zev and Justin. Hopefully Zev doesn't get brought down by the loss of routine during the race.

Mika and Canaan could go either way for me, the minor spat they had at the mud task could be a one off, or a sign of things to come. I have to wait and see before I make a call there.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 05:20:28 AM »
Maria & Tiffany <3<3<3<3. I see them as my new 'Nathan & Jennifer/Kelly & Christy' fave.

Zev & Justin <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Kisha & Jen' fave.

Brian & Ericka <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Flo & Zach' fave.

Marcy & Ron <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Meredith & Gretchen' fave.

Sam & Dan <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Rob & Brennan' fave.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »
The "Poker Girls" rose slightly in my opinion of them when they told the brothers not to stay and help them with their statue. Lance and Keri are painful to watch. I hope they are gone soon. (Like next.) I knew Ron & Marcy were headed for trouble when they didn't make sure of the letters and doomed when they didn't ask for help with the word.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 03:36:06 PM »
TexasLady,

I agree with all your 3 points:

1. Maria and Tiffany showed class by not leaning on Dan/Sam and relying on their own abilities.
2. Nobody likes Lance and Keri. I rate Lance the 2nd most obnoxious Amazing Racer ever (you should not need to guess who has a lock on first place). It will be a pleasure to get Lance off the screen. I think that will happen in one of the next 3 episodes, but then we will have to see them on Elimination Station.
3. Ron and Marcy failed to, as they say on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", ASK THE EXPERT, which would be anyone who speaks both Vietnamese and English in the area of that hotel. It is difficult to gauge what percentage of Vietnamese in Vietnam speak English with sufficient fluency, but let's assume it is a low number. It might be approximated by the percentage who use the Internet intensively, which is 0.2%. That would be 1 in every 500 people. It should be higher for HoChiMinh City and higher due to the proximity of a hotel (where more fluent people might tend to be). As a rough guess, I would say that 1 out of 100 on the streets of HoChiMinh City would be fluent enough. It would have taken a while to locate the one peson needed. This suggests that the choice of that DETOUR was not a good one. Both choosing the Word Play DETOUR and trying to solve it without help for a while were the factors which ultimately eliminated Ron and Marcy.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »
I think the poker girls did the right thing as well!!  so they  looked  better in my eyes for that episode! more to come though i am sure of it! :tup:

ron and marcy were just foolish not to ask for help..  :groan: in a foreign country and you don't know the language how can you think you can find what something means by looking around at store signs and know what it means??

lance KILLS ME!!!    (:;) I hope keri see's the light!! :colors  or at least the replay of this show while she's watching so she still has time to bail on this brash, arrogant self fullfilled man standing by her side.

I hope that Zev and justin keep it together.. there's only sooo much one can do when they are out of thier element. Zev is holding in there.. i want him to do well! he cracks me up!

as a whole i wasn't sooo engrossed in this episode. not sure why? but as teams get eliminated there will be more air time for the  other teams and possbily see more of thier personalities and drama.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:05 PM »
Ok so sundays  episode was sad :'(  poor zev and justin!!  Zev lost his travel papers.. that blows!! and  that was hard to watch! :hides

moving onto lance!! :groan: even Phil was like "you scare me!"  :lol:  coming in with a round house kick before jumping on the mat!! he's over the top for sure!!

ok so now who do i root for?? i say the brothers.. :casey  btw if they get elimimated next week then i'll know i'm a jinx cuz i never get a winner!! :ugot

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »
I think what happened to Justin and Zev broke a lot of hearts and I'll bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house Ugot. I will for sure miss them and Zev's quick wit, he always makes me lol.
and Phil made the Lance Karate kick funny, the "gong" noise and the look on Phil's face, priceless!  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 03:46:45 PM »
That Lance needs to go. I would be happy if someone actually confiscated his travel papers so he would not travel any farther. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »
the Duck Whisper will be missed!!  :(

and i can't wait to see what lance does next.  :ascared i'm sure he's gonna have more antics..  :res:

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »
Bye Bye Mika & Canaan :(

I was kinda irritated by Mika's behaviour at the 'leap of fate', cause I thought hey you're in the Amazing Race and if not now, when is the time to face your fears and do things you usually wouldn't do! But what Canaan said at the end is quite true as well, anyone can get paralysed by fear. But I still think Mika could have done it, especially when the Globetrotters reached them. And speaking of the Globetrotters, I thought it was not cool at all to demoralise Mika when she was already in such a bad state and especially after they themselves struggled in an easy & simple task that everyone just went through like that! What if one of the teams said 'Oh my God, this is so difficult & complicated, my brain almost burst solving this!'

I'm glad Canaan was not what the preview made him look. He tried to make her understand and took it pretty well after Mika failed to complete the task. I think it was justified for him to get a bit angry in the middle and just try to push her to overcome her fears.

And I couldn't stop laughing when Maria made that 'Baywatch' comment about Sam & Dan! Do they know the boys are gay?! :lol: I think they're being pretty good allies, one leg the girls give them a laddle and the other leg the boys give them a calculator! I want to see how long they sustain their alliance.

It was also fun watching Gary coming down the slide with his thumbs up, and so was watching Erika with her expressions throughout the leg, especially that part where she scratches her head hard at the Detour; not at all what I expected from a Miss United States :lol: Hope she's able to stay calm in the next leg and the preview's just captured her worst moment...I don't want them eliminated before the finale!

Although they weren't exactly my favourites, I'm gonna miss Mika & Canaan, they make a cute couple and hope they take their relationship further.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
Unfortunately, they aren't going to. They have broken up since the taping.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »
Unfortunately, they aren't going to. They have broken up since the taping.
NO they are still together Ken!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
Are they? Damn. Not damn for them, damn for me. I heard bad information. Thanks for the correction.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 01:26:37 PM »
I don't know where the rumor started but they are happy together :hearts:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 01:32:52 PM »
That's good. I'm glad they are still together. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »
I actually think they make a very nice couple.  I really liked them.  Though they were never good racers.

I am still shocked and appalled by Mika's refusal to do the task.  And the fact that they were there for so long (I hope that Canaan started easy in attempts).  And I also admit that while he shouldn't have tried to pry her hands of the bar (he,he) I probably would have.  But I also have been raised to face my fears.  Things like Snakes, Heights, ect.  My parents would force me into situations to at least encounter them, and I never thought ill of them for it.  But just as I am sure Mika fear was enhanced by the pressures of the race, I am sure Canaan's reaction was also enhanced by the pressures of the race.

The worst thing is that Canaan is probably right.  When he stated that she would regret this for the rest of her life.  I think I Would as well.

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 05:55:14 AM »
That's nice to know Mika & Canaan are still together :) I was kinda sad to read the post about their seperation and then elated to learn that it's just a rumour!

And I totally agree with you mswood, I too have altophobia and the proof of that is I don't take those 'capsule lifts' in malls cause I'm afraid of seeing the outside as I go higher and neither do I feel comfortable using simple overbridges to cross the road! But hey, if I were in the Race and had to do a height-related task, I'd just do it straight away as it would be THE TIME to overcome and conquer my fears cause firstly, it's a race and secondly, they wouldn't make you do something that's too risky or unsafe! And who isn't afraid of heights, Megan & Cheynne admitted too but they just went through it like that, if not for anything else, then just the Race.

I think the pressure of the race justifies Canaan's reaction more than Mika's fear. Mika could've just done it, maybe not straight away, but a few minutes later; I was really annoyed when she was just sitting there and playing with the water! Getting eliminated because of refusing to do a task a simple as that - quite a big regret to live with :( That said, I wish them the best of luck for their lives!

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 09:10:31 AM »
Oh and here's a proof that Mika and Canaan are still together, this is Mika's twitter page: http://twitter.com/mikacombs
They still hang out together and looks like they are pretty good friend with Zev & Justin.  ;D

Quite a few season 15 racers are on twitter, I've found Canaan, Maria, Tiffany, Meghan, Cheyne, Zev, Justin, Jessica, Garrett, Sam and Matt. Not all of them are regular though and Garrett has 'protected his tweets'.