Author Topic: Tropical Storm Ketsana  (Read 4603 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Tropical Storm Ketsana
« on: September 27, 2009, 07:47:17 AM »
since this episode will be featuring Vietnam (both on 1st and 2nd episodes), I heard some quite sad news today from a news cable that Tropical Storm Ketsana which the Philippine name is Ondoy will hit to that country in a day from now in which that storm had really made a big devastation in the Philippines, and when I'd saw the news about it, it really reminds me on the event on Hurricane Katrina, 4 years ago.  So, I hope that storm will not make a bigger destruction to Vietnam tomorrow as what had happened to the Philippines, last weekend, and let's us pray for the souls, victims and fast rescues and reliefs who'd felt the wrath of Tropical Storm Ketsana in the Phils, last weekend. :(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:18:01 PM by puddin »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: TAR15 EP1503: "It’s Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars (Vietnam)"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 07:50:40 AM »
since this episode will be featuring Vietnam (both on 1st and 2nd episodes), I heard some quite sad news today from a news cable that Tropical Storm Ketsana which the Philippine name is Ondoy will hit to that country in a day from now in which that storm had really made a big devastation in the Philippines, and when I'd saw the news about it, it really reminds me on the event on Hurricane Katrina, 4 years ago.  So, I hope that storm will not make a bigger destruction to Vietnam tomorrow as what had happened to the Philippines, last weekend, and let's us pray for the souls, victims and fast rescues and reliefs who'd felt the wrath of Tropical Storm Ketsana in the Phils, last weekend. :(

That bitch typhoon's gonna hit Vietnam after rampaging the Metro Manila and putting it into a state of calamity XD.

I'm excited though, at least I'm able to watch the Race tomorrow the same time with all of the US people. ^_^ I'm expecting that line as well next week if the typhoon won't recede. Prayers are always the most powerful tool for this.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 07:53:30 AM »
amen to you brother! :tup:

p.s.
I'm worried about my cousin who's living in Marikina, Metro Manila which it hit hard the most when that typhoon had came to the Phils. last weekend.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:42:36 PM »
since this episode will be featuring Vietnam (both on 1st and 2nd episodes), I heard some quite sad news today from a news cable that Tropical Storm Ketsana which the Philippine name is Ondoy will hit to that country in a day from now in which that storm had really made a big devastation in the Philippines, and when I'd saw the news about it, it really reminds me on the event on Hurricane Katrina, 4 years ago.  So, I hope that storm will not make a bigger destruction to Vietnam tomorrow as what had happened to the Philippines, last weekend, and let's us pray for the souls, victims and fast rescues and reliefs who'd felt the wrath of Tropical Storm Ketsana in the Phils, last weekend. :(

That bitch typhoon's gonna hit Vietnam after rampaging the Metro Manila and putting it into a state of calamity XD.

I'm excited though, at least I'm able to watch the Race tomorrow the same time with all of the US people. ^_^ I'm expecting that line as well next week if the typhoon won't recede. Prayers are always the most powerful tool for this.
Yes, could they perhaps do the same thing as TAR 8 and TAR 6 in saying that it was aired before the disaster...?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:46:18 PM by Snooky »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
Poor Vietnam. I remember when Taiwan was ravaged by Morakot in August. Not a pretty sight.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:19:31 PM by puddin »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Tropical Storm Ketsana
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »
amen to you brother! :tup:

p.s.
I'm worried about my cousin who's living in Marikina, Metro Manila which it hit hard the most when that typhoon had came to the Phils. last weekend.

I have classmates living there. Hope they're okay.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 01:17:26 AM »
Sending love and prayers to all of you affected by this horrible storm...may you all be safe and well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 06:53:34 AM »
OMG!  Update on Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy), it's also been reach to Cambodia right now according to BBC in which that country is also feature on TAR 15.  I hope Phil will announce first on the next episode about giving the help and donations to the victim of that storm just like what happen to season 6 after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and Hurricane Katrina on family edition if you remember.  We will pray for the safety of Cambodian people as well. :(

here's the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8281950.stm

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 07:05:29 AM »
OMG!  Update on Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy), it's also been reach to Cambodia right now according to BBC in which that country is also feature on TAR 15.  I hope Phil will announce first on the next episode about giving the help and donations to the victim of that storm just like what happen to season 6 after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and Hurricane Katrina on family edition if you remember.  We will pray for the safety of Cambodian people as well. :(

here's the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8281950.stm

That's so sad. :( Hope they'll be alright there. :( I will cry 'CBS plant' however if it suddenly finds its way to outside Cambodia to <can't specify the destination because it could be a spoiler>.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 08:39:35 AM »
don't worry raymond.  we should ask this to Phil on his facebook and twitter account.

p.s.
let's pray for the safety of the Cambodians on Ketsana (Ondoy).