Author Topic: Episodes 1501/1502 play by play *please read the rules!*  (Read 60565 times)

Offline CountryT6905

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Episodes 1501/1502 play by play *please read the rules!*
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »
Dan is up, and of course has no problem with it.

As a gay man I feel it is very easy to say this.  I am sure Dan as had worse in his mouth.    :kuss:

Probably often..... :jam:

That's a little rude, don't you think?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »
But he himself said it and it is obviously true!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2009, 06:51:16 AM »
The airport is deserted.
Teams head upstairs to the departures gates.
Woman: Sorry. Only economy class.
One team debates whether they can buy Economy and sit in Business.   Why can't I remember the freakin' rule!?
MISS ALLI, WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU?
Cue Lance's cutthroat lawyer confessional. (Pre-recorded umptyleven times in different clothes, apparently.)
Some teams get tickets. Some don't.
Seems like the luck of what agent you ended up at.
Pokergoddess Maria asks an Asian for assistance. They are IMMEDIATELY recognized as FAMOUS POKER GODDESSES.  
Now their secret is O U T .. unlike the G A E S who they think are str8.

mswood, the rule is that teams cannot get non-Economy tickets ever. They can sit in the Business Class or First Class section if upgraded by the airline. In this situation, what happened was that Vietnam Airlines decided to reclassify a block of seats from Business Class to Economy to accommodate the Amazing Race. It is not clear whether in that situation they would get the food and beverages associate with Business Class but I guess that they probably do.

If you want a precedent look at AR13 leg 2 from Bahia de Salvador to Fortaleza. GOL reclassified up to 40 seats and provided a bigger plane so that all Amazing Race teams and camera/sound teams could make the 0645 flight.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:29:25 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2009, 07:24:36 AM »
Leaving in 2nd Zev/Justin talk about Aspurgers.
Lance/Keri leave in 3rd
Teams go online to .. you guessed it .. Travelocity to make reservations.
Marcy/Ron 12:41 am.
Globetrotters, 12:42 am. $444 for this leg of the Race.
Brian/Ericka leave 12:44.
Gary/Matt leave 12:45 and get a taxi no one apparently saw. They'll go directly to the airport without making reservations online.
Garrett/Jessica, 12:51
Sam/Dan, 12:54 go to the cafe to make reservations and decide NOT to tell teams they're g - a - e
Mika/Canaan leave 1-something. He talks about being sexually pure. She calls him a diamond in the rough.
Pokergoddesses 3:22 am.

mswood,
I spot some instances of no information on the PlaybyPlay you were using. Here is that information for completeness:

Zev and Justin left 2nd at 1236am (you correctly said 2nd with no time)
Lance and Keri left 3rd at 1240am (you correctly said 3rd with no time)
Mia and Canaan left 10th at 103am (you again had them in the correct place with no time)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2009, 07:32:23 AM »
DATING ON AND OFF  
Finally SOMEONE on this damn show gets the brilliant idea that THE BUS LEAVES WHEN THE SEATS ARE SOLD! YAY!  

I don't see it that way. The bus would have left at 445pm anyway. With the financing of that run from having all seats sold, it was able to leave earlier, maybe one hour earlier. This was a brilliant move by the team on that second bus, since bus fares in Vietnam are quite low and buying an extra ticket per person would ahve only cost them a few dollars each while saving them about one hour. If there had been no Hours of Operation ahead then this could have prevented these second bus teams for competing for elimination.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »
Leaving in 2nd Zev/Justin talk about Aspurgers.
Lance/Keri leave in 3rd
Teams go online to .. you guessed it .. Travelocity to make reservations.
Marcy/Ron 12:41 am.
Globetrotters, 12:42 am. $444 for this leg of the Race.
Brian/Ericka leave 12:44.
Gary/Matt leave 12:45 and get a taxi no one apparently saw. They'll go directly to the airport without making reservations online.
Garrett/Jessica, 12:51
Sam/Dan, 12:54 go to the cafe to make reservations and decide NOT to tell teams they're g - a - e
Mika/Canaan leave 1-something. He talks about being sexually pure. She calls him a diamond in the rough.
Pokergoddesses 3:22 am.

mswood,
I spot some instances of no information on the PlaybyPlay you were using. Here is that information for completeness:

Zev and Justin left 2nd at 1236am (you correctly said 2nd with no time)
Lance and Keri left 3rd at 1240am (you correctly said 3rd with no time)
Mia and Canaan left 10th at 103am (you again had them in the correct place with no time)

I don't see anything wrong with no time info given? mswood is doing those who cannot watch the show and just wants to see her post of what's going on on the show a great favour and i think even a robot can't multitask and do so many things at one go?

She has to watch the show/take note of answers to her game questions/post the play by play actions/reply to posts and probably some other personal stuff? How do you expect her to post every little single detail that TAR show on the show?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2009, 10:15:21 AM »
DATING ON AND OFF  
Finally SOMEONE on this damn show gets the brilliant idea that THE BUS LEAVES WHEN THE SEATS ARE SOLD! YAY!  

I don't see it that way. The bus would have left at 445pm anyway. With the financing of that run from having all seats sold, it was able to leave earlier, maybe one hour earlier. This was a brilliant move by the team on that second bus, since bus fares in Vietnam are quite low and buying an extra ticket per person would ahve only cost them a few dollars each while saving them about one hour. If there had been no Hours of Operation ahead then this could have prevented these second bus teams for competing for elimination.

I don't get you either, what you said is exactly what mswood meant, that the bus leaves after the teams brought all the tickets?? Errrr, so you're actually not seeing the point but seeing the point at the same time? That's so confusing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »
The play by plays comes from SurvivorLDog at sucks, I thinks apskips knows that and the additional info is welcomed. Again I thank SurvivorLDog for typing and mswood for bringing it over. I for one cannot type as fast as SurvivorLDog but if anyone here can please do  :jam:

Here I am stealing Play by Play from sucks
I will carefully only bring over SurvivorLDog's PBP.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2009, 05:16:24 PM »
apskip,

mswood, the rule is that teams cannot get Economy tickets ever.

Me thinks you have been smoking some really bad **** today!!!!!!!

:knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles:

The rule is teams CAN ONLY BUY ECONOMY CLASS TICKETS no matter which cabin they are seated in!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »
apskip,

mswood, the rule is that teams cannot get Economy tickets ever.

Me thinks you have been smoking some really bad **** today!!!!!!!

:knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles:

The rule is teams CAN ONLY BUY ECONOMY CLASS TICKETS no matter which cabin they are seated in!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2009, 07:05:36 PM »
I honestly didn't know what he meant by they cannot buy economy! haha
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
This use to be a fun place now all some want to do is call out someone when they make a mistake, its not a contest for God's sake! We're all here to do one thing, work together as a team to solve spoilers right? I don't even like hanging out here so much anymore. It's not a contest! It's about working together or am I wrong? Obviously apskip's made a typo, come on we all have at one time or another, no need to go on and on about it.

lady: sorry, today the economy class is full
Brian: is there any of the business we can sit in? We could buy economy and sit in business please
Meghan I think: can you reassign the seats?
Cheyne: if you could do that for us that would be great
Lady: ok
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:30:18 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
Well said puddin, thank you.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.