Author Topic: Ep #2: What the hell, SOB, Okay which team is first to check in?  (Read 13849 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ep #2: What the hell, SOB, Okay which team is first to check in?
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »
Great this season is going to go at warp speed.

1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg?

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg?

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Ep #2: What the hell, SOB, Okay which team is first to check in?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »
3>> yes dammit. It is a little hard to spoil an episode in 1.5 minutes between shows, lol   (:;)

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
3>> yes dammit. It is a little hard to spoil an episode in 1.5 minutes between shows, lol   (:;)

Imagine my surprise I have only looked at a few pages, and all of a sudden I am going WTF..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »
We believe that this was not planned this way, the schedule got rearranged due to the Emmy shuffle. But yes, all the stuff we normally have great fun doing...the previews, the promos, ....we will be missing out on this week. 

CBS is probably grinning, but it does dilute the fun.  Oh well....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »

1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg? I'm undecided. For the record, I called NEL in a prediction game.

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg? When the first leg ends. And somehow, puddin will still spoil it.

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad? See above. Nobody can outsmart the team at RFF.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »
1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg? I am in the minority that thinks it will be a TBC. There is ample evidence to the contrary but I think it just makes too much sense to be other than TBC.

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg? I guess not, but isn't that what TAR Detectives are for? What we know is already pretty substantial so if we learned nothing else we still will be OK. I think it is not very sporting to take all the information CBS provides prior to an epsiode and use it. We are better served by knowing less given that what we know is not handed to us.

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad? I don't look at it as CBS. I look at it as WRP combined with CBS; absolutely that is the only way.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »
And then theres that double header football game this Sunday on CBS .. *sigh*
Off topic but I'm thinking of putting the play by plays in the discussion thread? I don't need the Channel 5 people ruining our night cuz you know there will be one spilling the ending before we see it here in the states , they cant' help it  :res:  . This way the ones that do not want the ending spoiled could avoid the spoiler board all together? or enter at their on risk bwhahaha

eta I think the end of leg one will be a NEL of some sort seeing as there's the elim at the startline.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:08:37 AM »
1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg? Non-elimination leg. If it was a TBC leg, there wouldn't be a greeter.

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg? Never. But it will come, don't worry!

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad? Nope. They will still figure out the result beforehand by freezing time between Leg 1 and Leg 2. :lol:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:12:42 AM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:21:25 AM »
Oh there'll be a preview...about one minute before the next episode starts.  :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 01:52:44 AM »

1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg? TBC

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg? Nope.

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad? Yes.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 02:14:39 AM »
Off topic but I'm thinking of putting the play by plays in the discussion thread? I don't need the Channel 5 people ruining our night cuz you know there will be one spilling the ending before we see it here in the states , they cant' help it  :res:  . This way the ones that do not want the ending spoiled could avoid the spoiler board all together? or enter at their on risk bwhahaha

eta I think the end of leg one will be a NEL of some sort seeing as there's the elim at the startline.

Ya. Put it in the discussion thread. That way, those people who post results ahead (myself included :-[) will have no excuse. :P
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »
NEL
yes
3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad?
Nobody can outsmart the Detective Squad. They'll have the boot order in the 1.5 minutes they show us. I can almost guarantee it. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 06:59:31 AM »

Ya. Put it in the discussion thread. That way, those people who post results ahead (myself included :-[) will have no excuse. :P

I second the motion. I didn't know that TAR there is shown with commercials, compared to us which is live via satellite, which has no commercial brakes. So I'm guilty too. Post there puddin, so that us innocents will be guided.  ;)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 07:18:41 AM »
You know, do you guys have any evidence that the first episode is two legs?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 08:42:26 AM »

1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg? Depends on what you mean by leg. The first leg includes the elimination of one team at the start line - so I say neither - its an elimination leg. The start line elimination doesn't occur until at least 20 minutes into the first hour. I think we may lose 2 teams in the first leg

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg? Yes. I think we may get previews of the 2nd leg somewhere around the 2nd commercial break.

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad? Its like engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. They don't have the tools to outsmart us.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:50:18 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »
walkingpneumonia, they may not have the tools but WRP/CBS cetainly has the information.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »

Yes, CBS has said so. Two legs, two titles, two countries.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:14:02 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »

1. Starting Line elimination for Leg 1 = Still an elimination for me. But the last team may have acquired the Speedbump. As WRP makes Speedbumps in Asia for less costs.

2. No. I'll probably be looking at "stay tuned for the next episode as the Amazing Race returns". If I do not have classes, I probably do not have to wait, as TAR is aired (as of S14) on time and without any commercial break. Sweet. Else I have to wait for around 24 hours for me to complete watching it. :(

3. CBS or WRP? CBS has nothing to hide, WRP has. Afterall, CBS only broadcasts the show, but it is WRP who manages every single of it. Though I must say, they're doing their jobs to outsmart RFF. I think yes. BUT JUST THIS ONCE.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 01:32:18 PM »
1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg?
Neither

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg?
Nah

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad?
Sadly, puddin already knows the end results, and the elimination order...So it doesn't even matter to her...  :kuss:
  :casey

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg?  Non-elimination.

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg?  Not until the first leg is done, if then.

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad?  Maybe.  I don't really know.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 11:58:34 PM »

Sadly, puddin already knows the end results, and the elimination order...So it doesn't even matter to her...  :kuss:

We wish.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 03:17:46 AM »

We wish.

I'm sure she has a plan.

Maybe she'll do that thing like Superman did when he flew backwards around the world to reverse the flow of time.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 05:16:34 AM »

Yes, CBS has said so. Two legs, two titles, two countries.

Okay I shut my trap

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 05:17:36 AM »
1.  Was the first leg a Non Elimination or TBC Leg? Elimination

2.  Will we even get a preview with footage of the second leg? No

3.  Is this the only way CBS will be able to outsmart Puddin and her Detective Squad?  :colors

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 11:51:42 AM »

We wish.

I'm sure she has a plan.

Maybe she'll do that thing like Superman did when he flew backwards around the world to reverse the flow of time.

Puddin can do that in her sleep. :funny:

And I'll be lucky if I catch the first two episodes live next Monday. I have class. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!