Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122563 times)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Wasabi Maria = <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

This x1000000. LOVE the face. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
quick change artists right Neobie?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Did they sleep in the tower studio?

Zev and Justin & Matt and Gary changed as well

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The CBS site states no detours

1501 ROUTE MARKERS

Route Marker: Teams had to search a wall containing over one thousand license plates for one of only eleven from the Shinagawa District of Tokyo, their first destination. Teams with an eye for detail could notice the Japanese symbol for Shinagawa printed at the top of their clue that corresponded to the correct plate. Teams that found a correct license plate would receive a ticket on one of two flights to Tokyo. The team left without a plate would be the first team ever eliminated at the starting line. ERIC/LISA ELIMINATED

Roadblock: A Roadblock is a task that only one person can perform. In this Roadblock, the game show host would spin a wheel containing nine sushi rolls and two wasabi bombs. Wasabi, a spice carrying extreme heat, is Japan’s version of scorching horseradish. The contestants had to eat what ever landed in front of them on the wheel, but they needed to keep playing until they received a wasabi bomb. When they did, they had only two minutes to consume this fireball of flavor to receive their next clue.

Performed Roadblock: DAN, CHEYNE, RON, BIG EASY, BRIAN, MARIA, GARRETT, CANAAN, JUSTIN, LANCE, GARY

Detour: N/A

Order of Finish
1.    Meghan & Cheyne
2.    Zev & Justin
3.    Lance & Keri
4.    Marcy & Ron
5.    Flight Time & Big Easy
6.    Brian & Ericka
7.    Gary & Matt
8.    Garrett & Jessica
9.    Sam & Dan
10.    Mika & Canaan
11.    Maria & Tiffany

1502 ROUTE MARKERS

Roadblock: A Roadblock is a task that only one person can perform. In this Roadblock, that team member, using only two flags as a guide, had to herd a group of 150 ducks, used in Vietnam farms to rid rice patties of damaging insects, out of their pen, across a bridge and back again, and then return to their pen. If teams didn’t complete the task within the 10-minute time limit, they would relinquish their spot and wait for another turn.

Performed Roadblock: MEGHAN, MARCY, JESSICA, ZEV, ERICKA, MATT, SAM, KERI, FLIGHT TIME, MIKA, TIFFANY

Detour: N/A

Order of Finish
1.    Gary & Matt
2.    Flight Time & Big Easy
3.    Sam & Dan
4.    Lance & Keri
5.    Zev & Justin
6.    Meghan & Cheyne
7.    Maria & Tiffany
8.    Mika & Canaan
9.    Marcy & Ron
10.    Brian & Ericka
11.    Garrett & Jessica 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Elim station is Vietnam, as peach stated, Lisa and ERic did not go to the Elim Station  :tup:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:38:28 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Garrett proposed  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: . she said yes!

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
Cool!!

Thanks Puddin!! I can watch it as i rem last year the video cannot view for people living outside US..
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Lets play find Chateau!  :jumpy:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Not a big part   :'(

But look for shots with Ericka and a book.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:57:29 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
They simply edited out the entire overnight in Tokyo part.

The question is, what else was edited out?  How did teams get to the NHK area of Shibuya.  We know that studio was not at Tokyo Tower.  Right?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Garrett proposed  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: . she said yes!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They simply edited out the entire overnight in Tokyo part.

The question is, what else was edited out?  How did teams get to the NHK area of Shibuya.  We know that studio was not at Tokyo Tower.  Right?

:groan:  Quite the "hack job" thay gave the first episode, all right.  Not to mention that the start of the second leg did not take place at the temple, but rather in Shinjuku (probably by the pit-stop hotel) as the globetrotters are seen immediately walking over to the Tokyo Hilton to check flights to HCMC.   :lol:

So out goes the mandatory overnight rest period, mystery travel from Tokyo Tower in Roppongi to Shibuya to get to the temple, and starting the second leg in Shinjuku.  ...which doesn't surprise me as they wouldn't be allowed to use the temple grounds after dark

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol: I really did like the "Eat the Wasabi" line during the game show.   :yess:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:29:21 AM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Hey Boingo  :jumpy:! omg I could watch the wasabi clip 50 times and it never gets old. Ericka jumping up and down "eat it eat it suck it suck it  .. open your mouth open your mouth!! "  :lol: :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Here is the GE location of Elimination Station:  Cassia Cottage

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :funny: :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks Chateau!!

I love love the cast! who would have known the Globetrotters would be so funny and still such gentlemen? The Globetrotter music was a riot  :lol:

Nathan .. hold up man don't hit my people  :lol:  :hearts:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hey Boingo  :jumpy:!

:waves: Hey puddin!

I was ROFL during Wasabi Roulette...   maybe it's their super compatative natures, but Maria and Tiffany look to be an explosive pair, when things aren't going exactly right.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 Does this help?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 ;D No surprise, the card players went a couple hundred feet before they asked for directions... :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
How were they all not spotted? I thought TAR had lots of fans in Japan?, if not .. I wonder how they like us now?  :lol: :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How were they all not spotted? I thought TAR had lots of fans in Japan?, if not .. I wonder how they like us now?  :lol: :lol:

Believe it or not, there are a lot of "foreigners" in Tokyo, so the racers would not get a second look.... the camera guys, however, on the other hand... might.. ???  :lol:

Fads come and go very quickly over there... we may be yesterdays news by now...  :snicker:  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I'm going to piece together a clip of Ericka at the Wasabi task tomorrow, it still cracks me up  :lol:. I haven't even got to the next leg again so will catch up tomorrow, there was loads of funny things with the ducks  :waves:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
I still think that the starting line twist is really harsh. But well, just goes to show that the stakes are higher than ever, and teams really cannot afford to make a single mistake, they've got to stay alert every single moment! Other than that, I really love the premiere, they've got some cool tasks there. Love the Sushi Roulette!

Gary and Matt - Pinky and the brain!!!! Loved that description by Brian and Ericka (I think it was from them). They're working pretty well together, coming in first for the second leg. Other than the pink hair, I still don't get much from them but after all, it's still early.

Flight Time and Big Easy - Physical threats they are, but they're pretty nice people. Loved how they worked so nicely with the tourists in Japan. Just hope that the alpha male vibes don't come up.

Sam and Dan - I really like this team, love their enthusiasm in the race. They do quarrel and all, but that's part of being brothers I guess. They're close!

Lance and Keri - Lance annoys me but on the whole, they're not so detestable yet, so I'm still neutral. Wouldn't mind if they go home soon though, since I kinda like the rest of the teams lol.

Zev and Justin - I'm starting to like this team, it really was sweet of Zev to give his jacket to the bus driver. They're rather funny people, looking forward to seeing more of them on the race.

Megan and Cheyne - Well it's only been two legs, but it seems that this team is already surfacing as a threat. They've done pretty well for both legs. I'm liking them for now, they're nice to each other and work really well together. I hope that this continues, and I might root for them.

Maria and Tiffany - Great comeback at the duck-herding! I'm so glad that the first leg was an NEL, wouldn't have been happy to see them go. They're really playing the game though, lying and all that, not so sure I really approve of that but I'm still liking them, they're really tough nuts. Just look at Maria during the Roadblock! I was really impressed when she was done with the wasabi the second time and did not give up.

Mika and Canaan - They seem to be consistently bringing up the rear don't they. They're simply not aggressive enough, don't think they'll last. But I still really like them, they're so sweet and cute! I just love how Canaan carried the Japanese tourist all the way to the mat and kept asking if she was alright. That was really cute.

Marcy and Ron - Hmm, they seem pretty boring to me now. But they've got a fighting spirit!

Brian and Ericka - It was amazing how they went from last to sixth place in Japan! Thankfully, they weren't eliminated in Vietnam, that was just so close. I really, really love this team, they might shout at each other occassionally but their love and support for each other ultimately still moves me. Hope they do better next time!

Garrett and Jessica - Wasn't too sad over their elimination, since most of the other teams are far more likeable, to me at least. It must have hurt for Garrett though, seeing Jessica struggling with the ducks and not be able to do anything. Let's just hope he won't hold her accountable for that, she really did her best.

Eric and Lisa - It's terrible to go out that way I guess. But I admire how they took it. Sad to see them go, but well, the race is far more exciting than ever!

Great legs, all in all. We can see that the all-male teams are really dominating. But they're still pretty likeable so far, I'll keep hoping that it stays this way and the alpha-male thing doesn't come up.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I am rewatching now and catching bits I missed at the time...like this one!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.