Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122107 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

The first team eliminated will not be going to Elimination Station.  :'(

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The CBS Eye-lert:

Revised start times for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (7:14pm ET), Amazing Race (8:14pm ET) and Cold Case (10:14pm ET) due to an NFL runover.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And Lisa looks like Pheobe from Friends....in a way..lol

Lisa looks like Lisa Kudrow? :funny: And as for the tasks, if they just match the Japanese word, then I do think it wouldn't be that hard.
Matching symbols if you haven't seen them before, specially Kanji, is quite hard
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)"--Dan performs a Detour in Vietnam in which teams must fill and carry buckets of mud to nearby marked fruit trees in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Can you guys confirm if the mud thing was an unaired detour or really a route info?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Was the Tokyo Tower edited out, or was the studio we were looking for not the NHK Studios?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yeah, some interesting editing. Here's a floor plan of "Foot Town." I don't see a studio on any floor, but something might be jury-rigged I suppose. What you suggested is more likely: the actual filming was at Shibuya NHK. (and despite what Phil said, none of it was in Shinagawa).

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks to *ahem* a satellite, I'm watching KPIX from San Francisco and the West Coast feed. :D
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Screencap requests ? please ask here  :waves: I'm ready to rewatch.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
And Lisa looks like Pheobe from Friends....in a way..lol

Lisa looks like Lisa Kudrow? :funny: And as for the tasks, if they just match the Japanese word, then I do think it wouldn't be that hard.
Matching symbols if you haven't seen them before, specially Kanji, is quite hard

I tried that before, and now I remember it was hard. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Yeah, some interesting editing. Here's a floor plan of "Foot Town." I don't see a studio on any floor, but something might be jury-rigged I suppose. What you suggested is more likely: the actual filming was at Shibuya NHK. (and despite what Phil said, none of it was in Shinagawa).
Wow thats an awesome site Slowhatch  :lol:  :yess:

Hows this

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Screencap requests ? please ask here  :waves: I'm ready to rewatch.
The license plate task I just watched. Plus several of the Wasabi bombs. :D
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One good screencap. Phi with his raised eyebrow and the Japanese game show host. That's classic! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
the studio

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
for Ken  :lol:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Screencap requests ? please ask here  :waves: I'm ready to rewatch.

Could I request a cap of the airport flight information screen when the teams are leaving Narita? Could help us narrow down a date!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Could I request a cap of the airport flight information screen when the teams are leaving Narita? Could help us narrow down a date!
You bet!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks. The sign does look like "tower studio" (タワースタジオ). Now we have to get them to the middle of Shibuya.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Re: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietn
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »
I was SO beyond THRILLLLLLED that Meghan and Cheyne won the first leg!!!! Here's the story that Meghan & Cheyne were actually at Season 14's Finals Casting.  They and my mom & I were in same group for whole week. We knew they would be a pretty strong team and we hoped that we would get on the race together and form an alliance together but they got cut at very last minute before the finals' over :-(   I adore Meghan to death - we got in contact when the Season 14 cast was announced and became really good friends ever since. I'm just SO beyond thrilled that they got to compete on new season!! Root for them!!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I was SO beyond THRILLLLLLED that Meghan and Cheyne won the first leg!!!! Here's the story that Meghan & Cheyne were actually at Season 14's Finals Casting.  They and my mom & I were in same group for whole week. We knew they would be a pretty strong team and we hoped that we would get on the race together and form an alliance together but they got cut at very last minute before the finals' over :-(   I adore Meghan to death - we got in contact when the Season 14 cast was announced and became really good friends ever since. I'm just SO beyond thrilled that they got to compete on new season!! Root for them!!!
They good me a good vibe, Luke! Kind of like Jon & Kris from TAR6. :)
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks for sharing Luke! Meghan and Cheyne rocked the first leg  :jumpy: :jumpy:

more wasabi because its so funny

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wasabi Maria = <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move