Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122160 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
What peach said for reals spontaneousss  :colors
It looks like Keri/Lance made it to Vietnam so that leaves us with with either a NEL or TBC for Leg 1 or more sadly Mika/Canaan being eliminated in Japan  :'(

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Mika (center) and Canaan (right) travel to a Detour in Vietnam in which teams must fill and carry buckets of mud to nearby marked fruit trees in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
I didn't see that part, anyways i'm happy with that  :jumpy:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietn
« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
The fact that Japan is a NEL just makes it sad that they had to eliminate someone at the starting line  :'(

It looks as if this season just MIGHT trick us with eliminations in the most unexpected places.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
So I'm sitting in the restaurant eating breakfast and very grumpy because I drank to much last night and then I remembered -- AMAZING RACE STARTS TONIGHT! -- yay!!!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietn
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »
Thanks to aint it cool we know who is nearly eliminated.

* As this is the year of “Star Trek’s” resurrection, I will point out that a team wearing red shirts is either first eliminated or very close to the first eliminated. (CBS will not permit me to say which.)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42511

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Well do do have a red red....and a maroon red as well. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »
I hope Maroon

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My bet is on Maroon; Keri and Lance. Zev & Justin seem like they do fairly well for BVM to say they overcome many obsticals presented to them. I see them comming in 7th, with Keri & Lance going early. Pure spec though.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
My bet is on Maroon; Keri and Lance. Zev & Justin seem like they do fairly well for BVM to say they overcome many obsticals presented to them. I see them comming in 7th, with Keri & Lance going early. Pure spec though.

It doesn't really mean that they can't be eliminated first because BVM said they overcome many obstacles. He's not going to make a comment like "Well, they didn't last very long so ... etc"....

I hope it's not them though :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Zev & Justin were my pick   :tup:

And then there's best friends Zev and Justin from Los Angeles. Justin works for National Lampoon, and Zev has Asperger's syndrome; despite their differences, these two have an unbreakable bond of friendship that was forged via Zev's unexpected (and wicked) sense of humor. Look for this duo to face down some challenging odds and hopefully come out the other side even stronger.

Last team to arrive? saved by NEL?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
According to the artical, Justin is the son of the director of some "Revenge Of The Nerds" movie. Now I can see them at the convention as well. So It's anybodys guess!

I ask though, isn't it possibale this is just a hoax. It had to be recent, as the eliminated teams are sequesterd during the race, and we know CBS wouldn't alow them to go around saying how they placed.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Is what a hoax?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Here puddin:

Thanks to aint it cool we know who is nearly eliminated.

* As this is the year of “Star Trek’s” resurrection, I will point out that a team wearing red shirts is either first eliminated or very close to the first eliminated. (CBS will not permit me to say which.)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42511
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Yes I read the article but whats the hoax?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
that a team wearing red shirts is out early  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
He didn't write they are out early, the writer previewed the 2 hour premiere and he as well as the writer of the other article note that Zev & Justin have a not so good first leg... or 2? How is this a hoax  :duno:

Look for this duo to face down some challenging odds and hopefully come out the other side even stronger.

As this is the year of “Star Trek’s” resurrection, I will point out that a team wearing red shirts is either first eliminated or very close to the first eliminated. (CBS will not permit me to say which.)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »
The fact that Japan is a NEL just makes it sad that they had to eliminate someone at the starting line  :'(

It looks as if this season just MIGHT trick us with eliminations in the most unexpected places.

Celaestor,
Someone managed to trick you. It is NOT a fact yet that Japan is a NEL. I judge about a 65% probability of NEL and 35% of TBC, so it could end up as a TBC or NEL. The only fact is that it should be one of the other based on all the reported sightings of all 11 teams remaining after the start line elimination of Eric and Lisa.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
He didn't write they are out early, the writer previewed the 2 hour premiere and he as well as the writer of the other article note that Zev & Justin have a not so good first leg... or 2? How is this a hoax  :duno:

Look for this duo to face down some challenging odds and hopefully come out the other side even stronger.

As this is the year of “Star Trek’s” resurrection, I will point out that a team wearing red shirts is either first eliminated or very close to the first eliminated. (CBS will not permit me to say which.)

I guess it could be read either way. We'll find out in a matter of hours though. It's like re-living July!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Based on teh wording I am thinking they are talking about who was 2nd to last at the elimination point.  SO the way I read it a team in red comes close to getting eliminated.

At worst it means they were last at the end of the leg, but I honestly think they mean at the first task they are the last team that actually does get a plane ticket.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
I'm still feeling Garrett & Jessica for last on Leg 2 though, regardless of what this article says. If not Garrett & Jessica, than Zev & Justin are out. Also remember that there aren't any confirmed sightings of Marcy & Ron beyond LAX. No matter how it turns out, the first episode elims will be sad for me. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »

Celaestor,
Someone managed to trick you. It is NOT a fact yet that Japan is a NEL. I judge about a 65% probability of NEL and 35% of TBC, so it could end up as a TBC or NEL. The only fact is that it should be one of the other based on all the reported sightings of all 11 teams remaining after the start line elimination of Eric and Lisa.

Didn't Peach/puddin say it was a NEL? That means they got tricked too (or more likely, I didn't read the thread carefully).

I chose a name that's so hard to type apparently  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This leg could be topsy-turvey.

Here's what I think based on past info:

TBC's have no greeter, right?

NEL's have a greeter.

We have a greeter.....ergo

NEL.

But CBS could do things differently at any point, so :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
If it were a TBC, wouldn't the racers be RACING onto the next part, not standing around?

:groan:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We will begin on time at 8:15 p.m. in the Eastern and Central time zones.
Just here to visit.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
At worst it means they were last at the end of the leg, but I honestly think they mean at the first task they are the last team that actually does get a plane ticket.

They boarded the first flight, AA169. So that leaves the possibility they ment last finishing the roadblock or checking in at the pit stop.