Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122560 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The additional info is what REALLY counts.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
I found one!  Can I drive to LAX now.
I think I mentioned that before.
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Most likely the duck Roadblock must be after the mud Detour in Vietnam. That's why the people doing the Roadblock already look dirty.

Awesome preview of the first episode!  :colors I'm a little worried about the music editing though; it was kind of strangely mixed in that preview.

And if there IS anyone going home on Leg 1 after Eric & Lisa, it would have to be an invisible team. It's a non-elim. :yess:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
As far as the exif goes, all the photos are marked between 16:20 and 17:20 on 21 July for Cai Be (no allowance made for time zones or camera clock). The dock photo is labeled as "The teams of THE AMAZING RACE 15 wait for the Ben Tau Du Lich Dock to open so they can perform one of the Detours." I've run it through a couple of translators and the closest I've come up with is just "tourist pier."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:00:46 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is there any chance that they have to match the Japanese symbols on the plate numbers for the start line task?

Yay! :D I got this part right! :D I'll go look for Cai Be spots now. ;)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The tourist jetty in Can Tho or Cai Be? Thatched roofs are everywhere; matching the restaurant umbrellas might be the best bet.

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
Poker girls falling in love with Sam and dan...uh oh
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I found one!  Can I drive to LAX now.
I think I mentioned that before.

You got the wrong name.  That's Keri!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think I got the place they were on the first pic! :wohoo: Cuulong Tourist?! I made out 'Tourist' on the roof sign of the first pic, and I can make out an 'NG' on the first word, so I searched and came up with this.

Here's the site: http://cuulongtourist.com/index.php

Here's a pic from the site: http://cuulongtourist.com/uploads/gallery/IMG_0735-fixed.jpg

Matches the mud Detour. :P I'll try to search for pics matching the roof.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:32:25 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yes, getting closer I think; the sign might read "Cuulong tourism." (Cuulong--"Nine Dragons"--is what the Vietnamese call the Mekong Delta) A photo from the site you mentioned shows similarities.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
You got it Raymond! Good job! To me it read Gu -- ling haha but thats it!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
I checked the site and they offer canal trips to An Binh Island. Possible they do the Detour there?

ETA: If it is Cuulong Tourist, then Vinh Long is a possibility for tasks as well. And Cuulong also offers trips to the Cu Chi Tunnels. :D

ETA2: According to site, An Binh Island is known for its fruit trees. They could very well do the mud Detour here.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:21:48 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
last one and I concur, again, no team is eliminated at the Japan 1st/ pitstop

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)"-- Jessica performs a Roadblock in which she must participate in the Mekong duck herding festival challenge in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 Sunday, Sept. 27

Anyone who can read the sign at the back? I can't seem to find anything about the "Mekong duck herding festival". :P Looks like the task was made for the Race.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
Re: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietn
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2009, 04:06:01 AM »
maria probaly got it cause she can reconize chinese/japanese
she got the right one...  :jumpy:

That would be awsome! But just because she's Chinese, it doesn't mean she can read Japanese. Both are written in different characters.

But many characters (including this one) are the same in Chinese and Japanese, just different meanings.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
From the looks of things, the Roadblock should be near the Detour since the teams still look muddy. I will bet that it only takes a boat trip (Mika/Canaan pic).

And for the words on Jessica's pic, I can only make out "Cai Be" in the last two words. :groan:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"Sân vận động thị trấn Cái Bè".

Cai Be Town Stadium. ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:29:10 AM by Neobie »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
"Sân vận động thị trấn Cái Bè".

Cai Be Town Stadium. ;D

Thanks Neobie! :wohoo: :hearts: :jumpy: :yess: So I guess what's left is the Cai Be Pit Stop? :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't see anything resembling a stadium around Cai Be (must be a really tiny one), and I don't think there's a hotel either. Would they have been ferried to Vinh Long or Ho Chi Minh City for the Pit Stop, and then released there?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
In this shot Jessica has successfully completed the Roadblock.  She is at the end of her bridge and all the ducks are in front of her.  And smiles.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
In this shot Matt is not done.  All his ducks are still on the beginning side of the pen.

In the background we see that some other team has moved their ducks to the other side of the pen.  So Matt is behind right now.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I don't see anything resembling a stadium around Cai Be (must be a really tiny one), and I don't think there's a hotel either. Would they have been ferried to Vinh Long or Ho Chi Minh City for the Pit Stop, and then released there?
I agree Neobie, a hotel in Vinh Long would work.

Again this is all we have to go on.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hi guys, i was wondering if someone is going to put the online episode here on the forum? just like with Survivor: Samoa.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Hi guys, i was wondering if someone is going to put the online episode here on the forum? just like with Survivor: Samoa.
We don't know if anyone is doing that yet gonza? I'm sure if it is done someone will get it up?
In other news a new commercial! screencaps coming! ducks!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF