Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122198 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
And then there's best friends Zev and Justin from Los Angeles. Justin works for National Lampoon, and Zev has Asperger's syndrome; despite their differences, these two have an unbreakable bond of friendship that was forged via Zev's unexpected (and wicked) sense of humor. Look for this duo to face down some challenging odds and hopefully come out the other side even stronger.

Last team to arrive? saved by NEL?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
See the logo right on the clue!

Commercial Passenger Vehicle License Plates

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:27:20 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
And then there's best friends Zev and Justin from Los Angeles. Justin works for National Lampoon, and Zev has Asperger's syndrome; despite their differences, these two have an unbreakable bond of friendship that was forged via Zev's unexpected (and wicked) sense of humor. Look for this duo to face down some challenging odds and hopefully come out the other side even stronger.

Actually it looks like they are first!  See all the flags are still there.  Well ten of them are at least.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
I was right!  :casey
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
maria probaly got it cause she can reconize chinese/japanese
she got the right one...  :jumpy:

That would be awsome! But just because she's Chinese, it doesn't mean she can read Japanese. Both are written in different characters.

On the clue it says 品川,well I used a chinese keyboard to type that.

What I'm trying to say is that there are alo of similarities
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Yes jerry, Slowhatch as well  :tup:  :jam:

I was right!  :casey

Thanks, Puddin. The plate on the ground and the one upper-right might be prefectural plates.

I noticed something!
The second to last picture,right above Jessica's head?
I saw Japanese 品川 and 北县(?) I'm sure about the first one,it's Ishigawa or something.Same name with TARA2 shinkensen station from Tokyo to Fukuoka.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Zev's got an unexpected (and wicked) sense of humor?  I wonder where he got it from?  I don't have a wicked sense of humor (usually), but I've got a good one courtesy of a nutty dad.  Don't worry, Dad's not nutty in a bad way -- his sense of humor's nutty.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
okay so ..........  ;D lets do  Cai Be

DateTime : 2009:07:21

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)"-- Teams race to perform one of the Detours in Vietnam during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)"--Dan performs a Detour in Vietnam in which teams must fill and carry buckets of mud to nearby marked fruit trees in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)"-- Ronald performs a Detour in Vietnam in which teams must fill and carry buckets of mud to nearby marked fruit trees in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)"-- Zev performs a Detour in Vietnam in which teams must fill and carry buckets of mud to nearby marked fruit trees in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Mika (center) and Canaan (right) travel to a Detour in Vietnam in which teams must fill and carry buckets of mud to nearby marked fruit trees in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Lance (left) and Gary (center) perform a Detour in Vietnam in which teams must fill and carry buckets of mud to nearby marked fruit trees in order to receive their next clue, during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Matt performs a Roadblock in which he must participate in the Mekong duck herding festival in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 on Sunday, Sept. 27

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Mika (left) and Tiffany perform a Roadblock in which they must participate in the Mekong duck herding festival in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 Sunday, Sept. 27

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
last one and I concur, again, no team is eliminated at the Japan 1st/ pitstop

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)"-- Jessica performs a Roadblock in which she must participate in the Mekong duck herding festival challenge in order to receive their next clue during the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 15 Sunday, Sept. 27

Offline The Amazing Race

• RFF Full Member
Which roadblcok will be first : with the ducks or with this game ?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Finally!! Cai Be!! I thought we were going to be stuck in Tokyo forever!! :funny:

If anyone can read this, it might tell us exactly where we are.

But after TARA 3, I know that Cai Be is a floating market town. See how that ramp slants down? I'll bet $$ that they are heading to a boat/boats.

But do we see everyone there? Counting noses....

Oops...puddin is way too quick for me...more pics!! Yippee!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
When I was groe\wing up, our next door neighbors had a Beijing duck as a pet along with their beagle.  That was before my family adopted our first schnauzer. And that was a smart duck. (It even protected the beagle one time from a large German Shepherd by nipping it on its snout!)
So I suspect we'll have trained ducks and not-so-well trained Racers. That will be interesting.
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Actually it looks like they are first!  See all the flags are still there.  Well ten of them are at least.
Thats very good evidence Chateau  :tup: .. I hope the ducks don't do them in  :'(

Offline The Amazing Race

• RFF Full Member
Which roadblcok will be first : with the ducks or with this game ?

And how will this episode look like ?
20 minutes - starting line
roadblock with this game
???
NEL Pit Stop
End of the episode ? Stay tune , the next episode is afte the break

The "Japan - Vietnam" leg ?
roadblock with ducks
detour
and what ?
???

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I found one!  Can I drive to LAX now.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The kanji, by itself--品川 (Shinagawa ward)--doesn't appear to be meaningful. Tokyo tower is in the Minato ward. From the wiki:
Shinagawa is also home to the main motor vehicle registration facility for central Tokyo (located east of Samezu Station). As a result, many license plates in Tokyo are labeled with the name "Shinagawa."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
***le** tours/tourism ? ???
Is there any exif available from the photo sources?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Thud is the sound you hear when they pull the rug out from under you.   :groan:

The clue-for-show says "When you land, make your way to the Tokyo Tower Studios."

So that means get there any way you can right?  But, we know from the LAX UA gate area that the teams are required to take a taxi to get there.   :duno:

So that requirement must be written into the additional information.  But I always thought we could go by what the main clue says.