Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122682 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
the Racers are faced with a heart-breaking surprise elimination on THE AMAZING RACE 15

They took the words right out of our mouths  :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Phil ... I'm sorry that is not correct, that is not correct

video later

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
What one is Matt holding? Does it help us solve the criteria?

Green?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
video

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
hum...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:22:22 PM by :jerry: »
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

• RFF Sr. Member
I noticed something!
The second to last picture,right above Jessica's head?
I saw Japanese 品川 and 北县(?) I'm sure about the first one,it's Ishigawa or something.Same name with TARA2 shinkensen station from Tokyo to Fukuoka.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Heartbreaking elim is right.

WE HATE THIS CBS!! ARE YOU LISTENING??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Sr. Member
I think the task is:
Find the correct plate for your next destination city.
品川should be right because it's in Tokyo,
but Matt got the green 北县one, which  is not in Tokyo,so it was not correct.

Notice:All japanese plates are number number dot number number

• RFF Sr. Member
maria probaly got it cause she can reconize chinese/japanese
she got the right one...  :jumpy:

• RFF Sr. Member
and there are some personalized plated with japanese stuff on it to confuse the teams

and Ryu and Ika and stuff like that.....

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Entertainment Weekly with the CBS map and teasers for the first two legs from BVM.

• The action begins at the Los Angeles River, and for the first time in show history, a team will be eliminated mere yards from the starting gate. The challenge involves a fence with thousands of license plates—some of them from Japan (which serves as the first destination). “Twenty four people run up and frantically start grabbing license plates, but they’re wrong because as usual they don’t read their clue,” chuckles van Munster. “Eventually a team gets eliminated—they see the cars drive off and it is bye-bye. We told them 100 times, ‘Read your clue. Repeat after me: Read your clue.’ They don’t read the clue. It’s unbelievable. Nothing has changed.”

• Once they get to Tokyo, Racers find themselves on a Japanese game show, and they have to eat a tear-inducing Wasabi bomb. Notes van Munster: “Even the Japanese are horrified by it, which is good. If the Japanese are horrified by another game show, then we’re on the right track.”

• When contestants arrive in Vietnam, they face down a Roadblock involving 2,000 ducks. “You have to show how good you are in guiding these ducks from one end of a soccer field, across a little bridge to the other end, turning them around and bringing them back into the pen,” explains van Munster. “It turns into total duck madness. It’s just hysterical… I’ve tried for eight years to integrate it into the show, and we never succeeded in getting [contestants] to do it. They know it’s too difficult. So I said, ‘Roadblock!’”

There are a couple more teasers for later legs (Dubai; and the Switchback)
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
the schnauzers, thanks for the CBS map. It's fascinating, clearly identifying the second pit stop as Cai Be and the leg 10 and 11 ones as both Prague. CBS appears to be trying to make up for never having visited Czech Republic before.

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
If Eric and Lisa made it past that starting line elim .... they're really truly defying the odds  :funny:
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
The duck task sounds awfully like a switchback (remember, it was the other side of the famous ox detour)

I still find it hard to believe that CBS and WRP would eliminate a team because they can't speak a foreign language.

My guess is that the task works similar to the scale we saw at the end of TAR 12. Teams are given a criteria that only a certain license plate meets, and they have to find it.

If so, my money's on Zev to finish the task first.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
The duck task sounds awfully like a switchback (remember, it was the other side of the famous ox detour)

If so, my money's on Zev to finish the task first.

Or Maria/Tiff, if Jerry's right about the task. And as for the ducks, it had potential, but was offered alongside ratings gold. So I'm glad it is reused. :D
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The duck task this time is a roadblock.

From what BVM said in the EW article, he has tried to get Racers to choose that task in the past, but not as a roadblock.  And it's not the Switchback roadblock, simply because the duck task hasn't been used in tha past as a roadblock.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:32:46 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietn
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
I assume you mean duck.  :funny:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
The **** task this time is a roadblock.

Obv. a typo, but this made me lols. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
maria probaly got it cause she can reconize chinese/japanese
she got the right one...  :jumpy:

That would be awsome! But just because she's Chinese, it doesn't mean she can read Japanese. Both are written in different characters.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
This goes here

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
You can wager that this is the right plate that teams must match:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I guess this is not so secret any more  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
'The Amazing Race 15': 5 reasons you should get on this trip

Entering its 15th season, the Emmy Award-winning "Amazing Race" has probably already won you over with its combination of global thrills, interpersonal strife and eye-opening experiences. It's proved itself to be both slickly produced and a paragon of class in a television category that's more often than not devoid of either. So when a screener for the two-hour season premiere, which airs Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS, fell into my lap the other day, I quickly devoured it with the appetite of an obsessive devotee.

If you were on the fence about tuning in for another season of squabbling spouses and bickering best friends, here are five reasons why you must tune in Sunday.

Starting line shocker: I jokingly called this twist during the opening seconds of the episode, but my jaw hit the floor when I saw that producers were willing to go through with my little wishful prediction. Within the first few minutes of the two-hour opener, the contestants are shown in no uncertain terms that this season of the "Race" is serious business and that the stakes are higher than ever. It's a major game-changer, and a first for "Amazing Race" that speaks volumes about just how surprising this season has the potential to become.

Wasabi bombshell: One of the episode's most hysterical sequences is the team's first challenge, where they have to participate in a torturous Japanese game show segment called "Sushi Roulette." In front of a manic host and a deranged audience, the contestants must spin a gigantic wheel and eat various sushi before landing on a Japanese horseradish-stuffed “wasabi bomb,” which they must swallow within two minutes. Seeing the contestants deal with the searing heat of the wasabi and the howls of laughter from the amused audience (and the wacky on-screen graphics) is an experience you won't soon forget. Or stop laughing from.

Scam artists: Not one but two teams attempt to pull off scams in the opening episode, with one team -- professional poker players Maria and Tiffany -- going so far as to pose as underpaid social workers who deal with homeless youth in order to throw off the scent of the other contestants. After all, there's a long-standing stigma on the "Race" against wealthy competitors, so either the poker-faced women are pulling off a major coup or they are going to quickly become despised by their fellow racers once they find out the truth about their financial status and champagne lifestyle. Still, turnabout is fair play, as Maria and Tiffany will find out, as gay brothers Sam and Dan pretend to be straight and flirt with the women in order to form an alliance. Who’s holding the cards now, ladies?

Underdogs aplenty: Every season needs a good underdog, and this season of "Amazing Race" has more than one. There's sexagenarian couple Ron and Marcy from San Francisco who happen to kick the asses of some of their younger competitors on the first leg of the race. This duo proves that fitness doesn't know age; they're into rock climbing, Kung Fu, archery, kickboxing and trapeze work. There's also Gary and Matt, a mismatched father and son team from Montana who seem diametrically opposed: dad's a hunter, son's a gamer; dad's gone gray, son has vivid pink hair. Plus, Matt was nearly killed when he was hit by a car and has gotten himself into shape again. "Amazing Race” does love a story about overcoming adversity. ... And then there's best friends Zev and Justin from Los Angeles. Justin works for National Lampoon, and Zev has Asperger's syndrome; despite their differences, these two have an unbreakable bond of friendship that was forged via Zev's unexpected (and wicked) sense of humor. Look for this duo to face down some challenging odds and hopefully come out the other side even stronger.

You don’t want to see this Hulk angry: What season of "Amazing Race" would be complete without a villain? This season, that role falls to overbearing self-described "street lawyer" Lance, who is racing with his fiancée, finance manager Keri. Lane, whom one contestant calls a "meathead" early on this season, has a hyper-aggressive manner and a decidedly lacking verbal filter that quickly put him at odds with his fellow racers ... and the audience at home. After all, there's always one team that you want to see eliminated just for running the race with the wrong attitude, and this hulking testosterone factory fits the bill. But there's a reason we love to hate these misguided villains, and Lance adds the necessary tension and drama to sustain the early rounds of the competition.

I don't want to spoil the rest of the exciting two-hour premiere, but hopefully your appetite has been whet for the further twists and turns this globe-spanning adventure has in store for the rest of the season. See you at the Pit Stop.

-- Jace Lacob

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/09/amazing-race-15-five-reasons-you-should-get-on-this-trip.html

Offline The Amazing Race

• RFF Full Member
SNEAK PEEK OF EPISODE 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/?pid=oCjNwquWwsvKLEoDnlNcQKqa2RBOS2_S   - Check out the first few minutes of 'The Amazing Race 15' where, for the first time ever, a team is eliminated before the first leg ever begins. Check it all out starting Sunday, September 27th on CBS!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:38:55 PM by The Amazing Race »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I almost feel like I was right there at the start thanks to Chateau and Slowhatch called the plates  :tup:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:55:27 PM by puddin »