Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 121801 times)

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
Re: TAR15 EP01 : "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Viet
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2009, 04:21:06 AM »
There are 2 persons Behind Phil. Person 1 is circled with blue, Person 2 with red.

If you'll look closely, the larger blue circle contains the bottom part of Long Pants. Person 1 could be Ron, since he is the only one wearing it.

Also, if you'll look closely, you'll notice a shoulder near the Pitstop Greeters face. And that person is wearing Black Sleaveless dress, so it could be Marcy as the Person 2.

And is violet the color of the visor of the girl near the "Japan" Pitstop Mark? If it is, then it belongs to Tiffany & Maria.

THESE ARE JUST OBSERVATIONS.

I'd say that the circled parts do match Marcy and Ron

So it's Sam & Dan and Keri & Layne who are unaccounted for in the combination of this picture and valid future sightings.

Oh yeah!!! Look at the blue circle it's look like Ronald's trousers

There are actually 3 people behind Phil and the mat. If you look closely, you will see that Marcy's shoulders are exposed meaning that here hands are going down. If you look behind Marcy's head, you will see a small Beige blob which probably is the Father of the Father son team (circled in Yellow). Finally there is a guy at the far right side. If he is a team then Maria and Tiffany will be 9th leaving 2 more teams to come in.

The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR15 EP1: "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2009, 09:00:15 AM »
Has there EVER been a greeter in a TBC?  ???

Perhaps a NEL is the way, but does that mean a speedbump right off the bat?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
Re: TAR15 EP1: "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietna
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »
Has there EVER been a greeter in a TBC?  ???

It couldn't be a TBC because why would the teams be waiting at the mat? :duno:
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP1: "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2009, 10:32:44 AM »
Has there EVER been a greeter in a TBC?  ???

IMHO this appears to be a BVM "pitstop mashup".   :lol:  Greeter  :yes:, Phil  :yes:, pitstop sign :yes:,  bathmat  :duno: (can't see it),  racers waiting  :duno: (haven't seen this since Season 1, where Phil never appeared except to eliminate the last team).
maybe a "retro" pitstop.   :duh:  We are clearly in uncharted territory here.    :browsie:  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:56:37 AM by Boingo »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP 2 Leg 3: "It’s Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars (Vietnam)"
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »
It could be, or it could mean the Vietnamese areas north or south of HoChiMinh City where many many battles of the Vietnam War took place.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR15 EP 2 Leg 3: "It’s Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars (Vietnam)"
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »
Well, we do have this teaser: (from page 1 spoilers)

Blog: posted on 7/26

*we stumbled upon the Amazing Race being filmed in Vietnam (both on the Mekong and in HCMC)
*was so excited to take a picture with Phil (the host)
*Second, they were told not to tell anybody that TAR was being filmed here.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 11:37:53 AM »
From this video of Phil on the Emmy Red Carpet:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,19017.msg476690.html#msg476690

"20 minutes into the show, there will be a poignant moment that I think will shock the viewers"

:'( :'( :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »
From this video of Phil on the Emmy Red Carpet:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,19017.msg476690.html#msg476690

"20 minutes into the show, there will be a poignant moment that I think will shock the viewers"

:'( :'( :'(

Switchback? Or starting line elim? (Which, in all fairness, will not shock those that have been paying attention.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »
Elim I am sure. The switchback should be along later in the season.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2009, 11:33:54 PM »
Well, we do have this teaser: (from page 1 spoilers)

Blog: posted on 7/26

*we stumbled upon the Amazing Race being filmed in Vietnam (both on the Mekong and in HCMC)

I don't want to link to the blog because of the copyrights but its EASY to find haha so help me make sense of this please ..

Lets see where the blogger has been:

July 22nd
I'm sitting in my hotel room in Ho Chi Minh city, having just returned from a two day trip to the Mekong Delta (in Southern Vietnam...details to come, so hold your horses).

He left HCMC to meet a group of people to tour the Mekong..:

on day one nothing much happened, the blogger biked to a guest house and had  dinner and thats where he stayed overnight
... the next day he visited the floating markets and stopped at the Cu Chi tunnels then ended up back in his room that night in HCMC

The next day he traveled to Nha Trang...so that should be the 23rd

so now the new blog enrty starts on July 26th:

Two days ago (or three days ago...) we spent one last morning in HCMC and went to the War Remnants Museum (yes Hayley, we went).
That afternoon, we made for Nha Trang. July 23rd

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »
They were in Nam  between the 21st to the 23rd, based on presumed/known pitstop in Japan and KNOWN sightings in Phnom Penh 24-25th.

SInce we have info about the "pitstop" in HCMC on the 23rd...then my guess is first leg Mekong Delta, second leg HCMC city.

And based on all the research we did when TARA 3 was there, I would love to see more floating cities like Cai Be.

And don't forget the ducks.   :snicker:  LOTS of ducks.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2009, 12:07:19 AM »
^^ we aren't even sure if the 2000 animals were "ducks" or even in HCMC, it was a guess, lol

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
Cu Chi is currently a city of 200,000 population with the major tunnels about 50 km to 70 km northwest from HoChiMinh City. During the Vietnam War this is where an infamous tunnel system used by the Viet Cong to secretly transport munitions, food etc. existed. That tunnel system was 250 kilometers in total length.

To get there a direct taxi from HoChiMinh City is reported to cost about $45. A bus to Tay Ninh is possible, but then you need to switch to a motorbike (cost reportedly $6) because there is no public tranport to the tunnels.

This fits my prediction that there would likely be something connected with the Vietnam War either north or south of Saigon; a visit to the Cu Chi tunnels is logical as well as historic.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Its like CBS is giving away the whole 2 hours - whats wrong with a little mystery! Are you listening CBS!?!?
crickets chirping...

Caanan was at the pit stop...

CBS is trying to steal the scene and make RFF's job easier this time though...  :ascared

With the pictures of Phil being with almost every other teams, could it actually be post race, as Phil might be telling the teams to thank the "out of towner Japanese" (If that's what they want us viewers to know) a round of applause and thanks for the leg?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
Does the 2nd episode have a title?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »
Does the 2nd episode have a title?

According to puddin's thread start, TAR15 EP2 Leg 3 It's Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars (Vietnam)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP1: "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietna
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2009, 07:19:23 PM »
Thanks Gator  didn't see it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »
Technically "TAR15 EP2 Leg 3 It's Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars (Vietnam)" is EP3 leg 3

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2009, 04:35:37 PM »
The Futon Critic has a common title for both hours on Sunday night.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Poor orphan leg 2...not only does it not get spoiled/screencapped...it doesn't even get a title.  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietn
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
Since there's an elimination t20 minutes into the episode (quite a long time for a start line elim), I have a feeling that the leg in Vietnam will be shorter than average. Perhaps a TBC?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TBC's don't normally have greeters. We have a greeter.

And this was always 2 legs we believe. They are just running them together because the Emmy changing dates last minute screwed our schedule.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Phil on Kevin and Bean notes:   http://www.kroq.com/         (it's a podcast, today, go to the very end of the 2 hr thing if you have the option)

Ericka & Brian will be called Team Zebra

Zev speaks his mind and it gets under the other racers' skin

Not in HD

...   in 30 min Peach will write the word "butter" in a post   ...   :neener:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:36:53 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
    12 TEAMS STAND READY TO EMBARK ON THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME, BUT ONLY 11 MAKE IT PAST THE STARTING LINE, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "THE AMAZING RACE 15" ON SUNDAY, SEPT. 27 ON CBS

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" - Twelve Teams stand at the start line in Los Angeles, Calif., but only 11 will make the journey to Tokyo, Japan as the Racers are faced with a heart-breaking surprise elimination on THE AMAZING RACE 15, which premieres with a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host.

THE AMAZING RACE recently won its seventh straight Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality Competition Program.