Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122145 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks, Puddin. The plate on the ground and the one upper-right might be prefectural plates.
heres the original if it helps, good job Slowhatch!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks, Puddin. The plate on the ground and the one upper-right might be prefectural plates.

Is there any chance that they have to match the Japanese symbols on the plate numbers for the start line task? And if they self-drive in Japan, then could the plate numbers also serve as the plate numbers of the cars they'll drive?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There are 2 persons Behind Phil. Person 1 is circled with blue, Person 2 with red.

If you'll look closely, the larger blue circle contains the bottom part of Long Pants. Person 1 could be Ron, since he is the only one wearing it.

Also, if you'll look closely, you'll notice a shoulder near the Pitstop Greeters face. And that person is wearing Black Sleaveless dress, so it could be Marcy as the Person 2.

And is violet the color of the visor of the girl near the "Japan" Pitstop Mark? If it is, then it belongs to Tiffany & Maria.

THESE ARE JUST OBSERVATIONS.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 04:10:03 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
I'd call it purple-ish. Especially the one by the woman in white's right shoulder (you can see the underside of it.)

Seems violet to me.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I get it! (I think so? Based on the observations)

The teams, Phil and the Pitstop Greeter are facing Tiffany and Maria?

REASONS:

1. Based from one of the pics in the Commercial Screencaps, Tiffany and Maria is seen holding a Purple/Violet flag, which means you'll shepherd purple-colored visored-Japanese people.
2. They are holding a Route Info Clue Card.
3. They not yet are visible to Pitstop, so it could be them.

If you are to check-in to pitstop, the proper order of team names are followed (it must be Tiffany and Maria order that Phil sees in his persepective. So Tiffany, wearing a sleaveless dress, should be the one we see holding the Route Info Clue Card.

THIS IS PURELY BASED ON OBSERVATION.

So if it is so, then they could have arrived 8TH (if it is indeed Marcy and Ron at Phil's back).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:39:57 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The plates which Slowhatch hypothesized as prefectural plates may instead be standard Japanes plates for:

keijidōsha (軽自動車?, lit. "light automobile"), a Japanese category of small automobiles, including passenger cars, vans, and pickup trucks. They are designed to exploit local tax and insurance relaxations, and in more rural areas are exempted from the requirement to certify that adequate parking is available for the vehicle. These standards originated in the times following the end of the Second World War, when most Japanese could not afford a full-sized car yet had enough to buy a motorcycle. To promote the growth of the car industry, as well as to offer an alternative delivery method to small business and shop owners, kei car standards were created.

The cars feature yellow licence plates, earning them the name "yellow-plate cars" (black numbers on yellow background for private use.

Here is a picture of one:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Nice job Uycocoa! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster

REASONS:

1. Based from one of the pics in the Commercial Screencaps, Tiffany and Maria is seen holding a Purple/Violet flag, which means you'll shepherd purple-colored visored-Japanese people.

If you are to check-in to pitstop, the proper order of team names are followed (it must be Tiffany and Maria order that Phil sees in his persepective. So Tiffany, wearing a sleaveless dress, should be the one we see holding the Route Info Clue Card.

So if it is so, then they could have arrived 8TH (if it is indeed Marcy and Ron at Phil's back).

GREAT! :tup:

Now looking at it boot order-wise: We know Garrett & Jessica, Gary & Matt, Dan & Sam, Brian & Ericka and Herb & Nate have checked-in. Mika & Canaan, Marcy & Ron and Tiffany & Maria are supposedly on the pic as well, just hidden. The other three teams (Lance & Keri, Zev & Justin and Cheyne & Meghan) supposedly made it to Cambodia. So this means Japan is a NEL? And another thing: Cheyne & Meghan must've gotten very lost at the tourists task if we saw them high-fiving with Sam/Dan at presumably sometime during/after the RB task.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!

REASONS:

GREAT! :tup:

Now looking at it boot order-wise: We know Garrett & Jessica, Gary & Matt, Dan & Sam, Brian & Ericka and Herb & Nate have checked-in. Mika & Canaan, Marcy & Ron and Tiffany & Maria are supposedly on the pic as well, just hidden. The other three teams (Lance & Keri, Zev & Justin and Cheyne & Meghan) supposedly made it to Cambodia. So this means Japan is a NEL? And another thing: Cheyne & Meghan must've gotten very lost at the tourists task if we saw them high-fiving with Sam/Dan at presumably sometime during/after the RB task.

Are the Keri/Lance sighting in Cambodia 100% confirmed or could it just be they're mistaken for some other team like Garrett/Jessica or just an assumption that it is them?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Another argument supporting the prefecture plates is the black on yellow, two of the three standard Race colors, which TPTB often use for tasks or marking points along the Race course.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:34:15 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Is there any chance that they have to match the Japanese symbols on the plate numbers for the start line task? And if they self-drive in Japan, then could the plate numbers also serve as the plate numbers of the cars they'll drive?

We believe that teams left Narita by TAXI and proceded onto Shiba Park and Tokyo Tower.

They may have been looking for a "studio"  "green room" within Tokyo Towers.

The only "green room" reference I can find is for a Tokyo Tower Lounge by Curiousity, a studio house design featuring a contemporary green motif.

While the observation deck is open until 945 PM, which the racers should have been easily able to make after their 4-ish plane arrivals... I am not sure of the hours that the lounge is open? It is located on the 54th floor. General tower hours are 9AM-8PM.

The hours of op could determine if they would be sleeping in the Park or heading for another clue... :lol3:

And hopefully they all changed lots of $$, as the fixed taxi fare from Narita to that area would be Y210,000, which would be approx $200.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We also had discussions at the time as to whether or not the green room referred to an actual GREEN room (as in a room that was green), or possibly to a TV studio "Green Room" as in waiting area for guests. I don't think we could tell 100% the answer to that based on the limited info we had at the time, although the Toyko Tower GREEN room is apparently very well known.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
There are 2 persons Behind Phil. Person 1 is circled with blue, Person 2 with red.

If you'll look closely, the larger blue circle contains the bottom part of Long Pants. Person 1 could be Ron, since he is the only one wearing it.

Also, if you'll look closely, you'll notice a shoulder near the Pitstop Greeters face. And that person is wearing Black Sleaveless dress, so it could be Marcy as the Person 2.

And is violet the color of the visor of the girl near the "Japan" Pitstop Mark? If it is, then it belongs to Tiffany & Maria.

I'd say that the circled parts do match Marcy and Ron

So it's Sam & Dan Zev & Justin* and Keri & Layne who are unaccounted for in the combination of this picture and valid future sightings.

*Opps!  The name mix up continues!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:15:20 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline The Amazing Race

• RFF Full Member

I'd say that the circled parts do match Marcy and Ron

So it's Sam & Dan and Keri & Layne who are unaccounted for in the combination of this picture and valid future sightings.

Oh yeah!!! Look at the blue circle it's look like Ronald's trousers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
haha dueling photos  ..  :touche:

DateTime : 2009:07:18 09:08:09

I think some certain TAR still cameraman needs to adjust the clock on his camera.  Note that they have more than one still photographers and each may have more than one camera!

Here's my shot:  taken at 8:55:24 am

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
So to sum up:

Confirmed as safe on Leg 1 (Photo Evidence):
Gary & Matt
Garrett & Jessica
Brian & Ericka
Herbert & Nathaniel
Sam & Daniel

Possible Eliminations (Leg 1 only):
Eric & Lisa - CONFIRMED (12th Place).
Lance & Keri - Sighting in Vietnam was not confirmed.
Zev & Justin - If it was actually Sam & Dan in Cambodia.
Marcy & Ron - If they were not really spotted in Dubai (not likely). Possibly in Pit Stop photo.
Mika & Canaan - No future evidence (possibly also in Pit Stop photo).
Non-elim (11th Place)

Unnaccounted for in previews:
Meghan & Cheyne - Not spotted but confirmed as safe.
Tiffany & Maria - possibly at Pit Stop. Also confirmed as safe.

Tell me if there are any errors.

Personally, I think it is either a non-elim or Zev & Justin or Lance & Keri are toast. The latter fits better with past double-elim first legs, but they seem keen on surprising us this season, so it could be a non-elim.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 04:58:20 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
We also had discussions at the time as to whether or not the green room referred to an actual GREEN room (as in a room that was green), or possibly to a TV studio "Green Room" as in waiting area for guests. I don't think we could tell 100% the answer to that based on the limited info we had at the time, although the Toyko Tower GREEN room is apparently very well known.
Super Secret Green room  :snicker:! Wasn't there mention of a green tile Chateau?
And of course I trust your camera times, I was just surprised the press photos had Data .. they haven't in the past few seasons.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I won't complain!

There has to be something about Japanese ceramic tiles!  I just don't know how it fits in.  I had thought it was going to be the things hung on the fence.  I think there is a lot of additional information that never makes the edit (TAR in general).

But we'll see.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
These go here as well

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Raymond:
With the left-hand drive and the incredible congestion of the greater Tokyo area, I cannot believe that World Race Productions would allow any teams fresh off a trans-Pacific flight to self-drive. Self-driving makes sense in some countries and some metropolitan areas, but not in Tokyo under those conditions.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR15 EP 2 Leg 3: "It’s Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars (Vietnam)"
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
10/04  Second Vietnam Leg then confirmed??!!

:hearts:

Great! That should mean Mekong Delta to HCMC!!  :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP1: "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2009, 11:36:28 PM »
Okay, I assume that after teams do the Roadblock they'll shepherd the audience in the Game Show Studio to the Pitstop.

These based on the visor color assignments:

Marcy & Ron = Blue
Lance & Keri = Pink
Tiffany & Maria = Violet/Purple
Mika & Canaan = Orange
Meghan & Cheyne = Red

On the pic of the Roadblock below, Sam & Dan is at the Roadblock with the Pink, Violet, Yellow, and Red group behind. If teams do collect the audience after the Roadblock to the pitstop, therefore the respective racers (Pink=Lance&Keri) (Violet=Poker Gals) (Yellow= Ericka & Brian) and (Red= Meghan & Cheyne) are still either Doing the Roadblock or have not yet arrived at the Roadblock while Sam & Dan does the Roadblock

BUT, based on the other pics we have, it seems that Sam & Dan, Meghan & Cheyne, Ericka & Brian, and Marcy & Ron are head-to-head at the Roadblock.

From this we can assume that Visor team Yellow, Red, Violet, and Pink have not yet departed in this pic (See Pic 2)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:45:56 PM by uycocoa »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP1: "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »
BINGO!

Marcy & Ron and Herbert & Nate are back-to-back!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2009, 03:33:53 AM »
So Marcy and Ron may do quite well this leg. I really think the Japan Pitstop is a TBC and Vietnam is where the second team (and third) will leave!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.