Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 121805 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Marcy and Ron of THE AMAZING RACE 15 must take a group of "out-of-towner" Japanese tourists on a guided tour of downtown Tokyo in order to receive their next clue. on a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 2009 Emmy Award nominee, Phil Keoghan, is the host.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Mika and Canaan of THE AMAZING RACE 15 must take a group of "out-of-towner" Japanese tourists on a guided tour of downtown Tokyo in order to receive their next clue. On a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 2009 Emmy Award nominee, Phil Keoghan, is the host.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- and Samuel of THE AMAZING RACE 15 must take a group of "out-of-towner" Japanese tourists on a guided tour of downtown Tokyo in order to receive their next clue. On a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 2009 Emmy Award nominee, Phil Keoghan, is the host.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Phil Keoghan with a citizen of Tokyo at the Konna Hachimangu Shrine on a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 2009 Emmy Award nominee, Phil Keoghan, is the host.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- 2009 Emmy Award nominee, host Phil Keoghan, and team members of THE AMAZING RACE 15 race to the pit stop at the Konno Hachimangu Shrine. On a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thats it  :jumpy: :jumpy:! What the heck is going on at the pitstop was my first question?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
What IS going on there??  We haven't seen all the teams gathered together at a Pitstop since Margaret was elim'd in Season one I don't think....

Maybe they are somehow making up for Lisa and Eric?? :duno:

And I LOVE that Canaan was going to get all his tour to the end even if it meant carrying them!! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Its like CBS is giving away the whole 2 hours - whats wrong with a little mystery! Are you listening CBS!?!?
crickets chirping...

Caanan was at the pit stop...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Note the VISOR in the left of the last pic of wp's...

I GET IT!!

The Pitstop is the end of the line for the tour!! So each team herds their out of town Japanese tourists right to the Pitstop!! :jumpy:

So we have teams and their living breathing task!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol:  Phil was here (pit stop?)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
More pics of the Shrine:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Just a little rant, we are not going to have time to spoil Vietnam as we aren't going to have time between shows to study the preview. How dare they not let us spoil  (:;)  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Great pics Boingo!! Yours is perfect!!

And this is NOT an easy place to find pics of....I think spelling counts!! :funny:

Wait a sec...they have to walk from the studios to the shrine?? :groan: I'd want a "lift" too! That's a looooong way.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:51:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Great pics Boingo!! Yours is perfect!!

And this is NOT an easy place to find pics of....I think spelling counts!! :funny:

:lol:  I cheated and used the "Kanji" characters in my search...   :funny:   ...works every time..  ;D

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :groan:  OMG, just realized how many license plates there were at the stating line..   (:;)  too many!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :funny:  anyone get the name of this store in Tokyo..  :duno: "Three ??nufes???   :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:groan:  OMG, just realized how many license plates there were at the stating line..   (:;)  too many!

They must have cleaned out EBay!! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I am going to guess that it is "Three Minutes Happines" store in Shibuya:

Three Minutes Happiness
With such low price tags on everything, it's easy to go a bit crazy at this two-story discount shop. Highlights include loads of affordable clothing, a towering bin of cute $2-per-pair underwear, and a bounty of bright hand towels (there are no towels in public restrooms, so everyone carries a reusable one).
3-5 Udagawa-cho, Shibuya-ku, 03-5459-1851

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I am further going to speculate that the reason teams are so visible at the pit stop is because it is a TBC (even though it has what appears to be a greeter with Phil) and they have to wait for something.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

I think they are at the Pitstop all together because they still have their whole tour group with them!! Not for a TBC...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Konno Hachimangu Shrine...I think! :lol:

Peach I don't think you have the right station. This map above centers on Tochomae Station. It is on the same line (Toei Oedo) as Yoyogi station but that is the second station in that vicinity after Shinjuku station. Here is a map in English of the entire Tokyo subway system(Shinkjuku is in big letters and the other 2 stations are on either side on that line):

Tokyo Subway System Map
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:42:58 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks for the English version!! I don't know for sure, but that is the exact map that came up  labelled the SHRINE so I'll keep it till we do more research. It was the Shrine I was after, not the station, so perhaps it is between the two? My Japanese is nonexistent so :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I still think no one is eliminated in Japan.
thanks for all the good stuff  :jam:  .. I think peach needs a place for her maps  :neener:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Map home WILL happen this season...but not today!! :neener: back to you!

RFF's Golden Rule: